Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Draft

Started by Dirttrackhog, April 27, 2017, 12:49:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawginbigd1

Quote from: LRRandy on April 28, 2017, 07:23:54 pm
two more tight ends just came off the board. In the second round. One from Ashland. Sprinkle stock not very high
Not really that, he is rated top100 on most every board. The Ashland kid OMG, never heard of him but dude is a beast, former small college basketball player. He is the only other true TE so far besides Howard taken.

This thread indicates that FLA has 5 players taken in the first 3 rounds.  Compare that to the Big 12 having 2 total players taken on the first 2 rounds, those being Mahomes and Mixon.  Think about that, a P5 conference with 2 players taken in the first 2 rounds????  Consider how much easier it is to score wins over a period or time in a less talented overall conference than in the BIG Grizzly SEC. 

bennyl08

Called Wise, 4th rd and first hog. Went to pats. 
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

lightsout

Wise to the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 12:25:53 pm
Called Wise, 4th rd and first hog. Went to pats.

That was a wise pick by Belichik.

Would love to see him playing next to Trey.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bennyl08

Quote from: lightsout on April 29, 2017, 12:25:57 pm
Wise to the Patriots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for him but man, basically going to the longhorns of the NFL. I hope he and Flowers combine for 30 sacks a season but go winless and move to a different team.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

bennyl08

That gives the Patriots what, three of our last 4 DEs. Bequette,  Flowers, and Wise with Smith going to Jax.

Hogz87

The Patriots love them some Hogs.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 12:30:23 pm
Good for him but man, basically going to the longhorns of the NFL. I hope he and Flowers combine for 30 sacks a season but go winless and move to a different team.

I know you are saying longhorns probably because of hated, but as far as success it's more like they went to the Alabama of the pros. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on April 29, 2017, 01:21:17 pm
I know you are saying longhorns probably because of hated, but as far as success it's more like they went to the Alabama of the pros.

You got it right with the first part.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 01:26:55 pm
You got it right with the first part.

Benny, I'm guessing with your electric moves and mohair suits, your favorite team is the Jets.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:29:08 pm
Benny, I'm guessing with your electric moves and mohair suits, your favorite team is the Jets.

badum tss

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 01:31:53 pm
badum tss

I'm here all week.  Don't forget to tip your waiters.

bennyl08

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:34:28 pm
I'm here all week.  Don't forget to tip your waiters.

Just the tip?

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Birminghog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:29:08 pm

Did you read that in a magazine? Link?

bennyl08

Ledbetter to the lions in case you haven't already seen it.

Also, 6th round, first player drafted that wasn't on any list. As in, 500 players the NFL has with some sort of grade. 500. Every year, there's at least 1 if not a few players that were deeper tracks that weren't on pretty much anybody's radar.

EDIT: That or somebody entered in something wrong because the name changed after I posted it. It will happen though.

alohawg

Still thinking Morgan is on a roster in 2017.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

bennyl08

Quote from: alohawg on April 29, 2017, 04:30:34 pm
Still thinking Morgan is on a roster in 2017.

Don't know about roster, but i think we still see two more hogs get drafted before it finishes. I'd expect Hatcher, Morgan, and Collins to be at least on a practice squad in 2017 though.

alohawg

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 29, 2017, 04:34:12 pm
Don't know about roster, but i think we still see two more hogs get drafted before it finishes. I'd expect Hatcher, Morgan, and Collins to be at least on a practice squad in 2017 though.

Surely Hatcher goes, yes?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

daprospecta

Quote from: alohawg on April 29, 2017, 04:37:22 pm
I'd be mad if he does not drafted.

bennyl08

Quote from: alohawg on April 29, 2017, 04:37:22 pm

I'd think him and Skipper, but don't call me Shirley.

Jackrabbit Hog

Only 5 picks to go.  Not looking too good for those Hogs still undrafted.

alohawg

Every year udfa's make rosters. Still can't believe Hatcher hasn't gone.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Cambridge Hog

Not going to happen. But going UDFA is better than being drafted at this point. Pick the team that is best for you (of the offers you have)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Cambridge Hog on April 29, 2017, 05:35:43 pm
Not going to happen. But going UDFA is better than being drafted at this point. Pick the team that is best for you (of the offers you have)

True dat.

Jackrabbit Hog

They're already talking about next year's draft.  Adam Schefter just said many GMs are saying the top pick next year will be Wyoming's QB.  ?? 

Where do these guys come from?  And why aren't we ever the beneficiary of one of them?

ricepig

Chad Kelly is Mr. Irrelevant.......

Jackrabbit Hog

BWAHAHAHAHA!!  Chad Kelly is Mr. Irrelevant!

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 05:45:21 pm

Ain't that ironic

King Kong

Quote from: King Kong on April 27, 2017, 01:49:13 pm
Most of our guys are fringe. It just depends is someone really likes them. Outside of Wise and Sprinkle it wouldn't be super surprising to see any of the others go undrafted or get drafted.

However, do expect Ledbetter and Skipper to be drafted.

Almost nailed it

alohawg

He hung on to the end.....a hanging Chad.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

ricepig

ALLVOL

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 05:45:21 pm
You can't script that kind of thing LOL.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 29, 2017, 05:48:51 pm
You can't script that kind of thing LOL.

Hey, congrats to you guys.  Barnett, Sutton, Reeves-Maybin, Malone, Dobbs, Kamara. 

'Course, I'm kind of glad to see those guys go.

sickboy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 05:40:55 pm
They're already talking about next year's draft.  Adam Schefter just said many GMs are saying the top pick next year will be Wyoming's QB.  ?? 

Where do these guys come from?  And why aren't we ever the beneficiary of one of them?

They started talking about Watson the second last years draft ended, saying he'd be a sure bet for the #1 spot. Guy had the best year of his life and still wasn't a top ten pick. You can't predict any of this stuff a year out. It's just noise at this point.

ricepig

Quote from: sickboy on April 29, 2017, 06:08:31 pm
They started talking about Watson the second last years draft ended, saying he'd be a sure bet for the #1 spot. Guy had the best year of his life and still wasn't a top ten pick. You can't predict any of this stuff a year out. It's just noise at this point.

They've got to talk about something, or they'll lose their jobs.....

GoHogs1091

A dearth of true, bona-fide NFL talent drafted in this draft.  The following was the only true, bona-fide NFL talent.

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Wayne Gallman
Jordan Leggett
Cordrea Tankersley
Carlos Watkins
Jonathan Allen
Reuben Foster
O.J. Howard
Cam Robinson
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
DeMarcus Walker
David Njoku
Raekwon McMillan
Marshon Lattimore
Jabrill Peppers
Taco Charlton

The rest of the draftees are basically decent NFL practice/bench warmer players.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on April 29, 2017, 06:56:22 pm
A dearth of true, bona-fide NFL talent drafted in this draft.  The following was the only true, bona-fide NFL talent.

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Wayne Gallman
Jordan Leggett
Cordrea Tankersley
Carlos Watkins
Jonathan Allen
Reuben Foster
O.J. Howard
Cam Robinson
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
DeMarcus Walker
David Njoku
Raekwon McMillan
Marshon Lattimore
Jabrill Peppers
Taco Charlton

The rest of the draftees are basically decent NFL practice/bench warmer players.

Thank you, Meltodd McKipershay.

Bubba's Bruisers

Skipper not getting drafted was the only thing at least sort of surprising.  After Ledbetter, I thought only Skipper had a realistic shot. 

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgmasta

When was the last time we had 3 draft picks or less?

ALLVOL

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Wayne Gallman
Jordan Leggett
Cordrea Tankersley
Carlos Watkins
Jonathan Allen
Reuben Foster
O.J. Howard
Cam Robinson
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
DeMarcus Walker
David Njoku
Raekwon McMillan
Marshon Lattimore
Jabrill Peppers
Taco Charlton

So much fail in this post. Sorry man but I think you're way off.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ALLVOL on April 29, 2017, 09:36:57 pm
So much fail in this post. Sorry man but I think you're way off.

Notice he managed to include all the Clemson players though.  Even their offensive draftees will make fantastic NFL players just by being in the presence of Brent Venables for a few years.

Pig in the Pokey

Chad Kelley is Mr Irrelevant. Man, that makes my heart feel good. Screw that guy.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hawghiggs

Quote from: 12247 on April 29, 2017, 12:15:35 pm
This thread indicates that FLA has 5 players taken in the first 3 rounds.  Compare that to the Big 12 having 2 total players taken on the first 2 rounds, those being Mahomes and Mixon.  Think about that, a P5 conference with 2 players taken in the first 2 rounds????  Consider how much easier it is to score wins over a period or time in a less talented overall conference than in the BIG Grizzly SEC. 

The difference between OU and Arkansas. OU starts every season flat out knowing that they have at least 6 gimmie wins each season. Arkansas has 3, and none of them are conference matches. Maybe its not fair to compare OU and Arkansas.  But they are the strongest program in the Big 12. Now Texas might make a comeback.  If Arkansas was in the Big 12 at worst be the 3rd or 4th best program. That says a lot considering we aren't even in the top 10 in the SEC.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 09:41:57 pm
Notice he managed to include all the Clemson players though.  Even their offensive draftees will make fantastic NFL players just by being in the presence of Brent Venables for a few years.

I missed Perry Maxwell's name, was he not draft eligible this year?

King Kong

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 29, 2017, 08:33:05 pm
When was the last time we had 3 draft picks or less?

2011, 2010 and 2009

k.c.hawg

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Wayne Gallman
Jordan Leggett
Cordrea Tankersley
Carlos Watkins
Jonathan Allen
Reuben Foster
O.J. Howard
Cam Robinson
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
DeMarcus Walker
David Njoku
Raekwon McMillan
Marshon Lattimore
Jabrill Peppers
Taco Charlton

Good lord!!! Never reveal the limits of your intelligence in writing.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hawghiggs on April 30, 2017, 08:44:13 am
  The difference between OU and Arkansas. OU starts every season flat out knowing that they have at least 6 gimmie wins each season. Arkansas has 3, and none of them are conference matches. Maybe its not fair to compare OU and Arkansas.  But they are the strongest program in the Big 12. Now Texas might make a comeback.  If Arkansas was in the Big 12 at worst be the 3rd or 4th best program. That says a lot considering we aren't even in the top 10 in the SEC.

Actually if we were as good as the Oklahoma program has been for awhile we would be looking at our schedule with about 6 gimmie games also.  But we aren't. Alabama goes in every year looking at about 6 or 7 gimmie games every year also.  That is the difference of being great and being mediocre.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

mlloyd4

Deshaun Watson
Mike Williams
Wayne Gallman
Jordan Leggett
Cordrea Tankersley
Carlos Watkins
Jonathan Allen
Reuben Foster
O.J. Howard
Cam Robinson
Jamal Adams
Leonard Fournette
Myles Garrett
Dalvin Cook
DeMarcus Walker
David Njoku
Raekwon McMillan
Marshon Lattimore
Jabrill Peppers
Taco Charlton

LOL
WPS