Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

THERE WILL BE A SCRIMMAGE ON SATURDAY.

Started by Illinihog, April 08, 2005, 10:32:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinihog

The previous post about a scrimmage is false.  There is a scrimmage it was suppose to be about 75 plays, it has been scaled back a little bit to only having 5 OLine Men Healthy.  But there is still a scrimmage, Nutt even said that in today's article in the Dem Gaz.  So come on out and support the Hogs. 

McKnzville

Then why did several area newspapers report that the scrimmage had been cancelled?

Illinihog

They still scrimmaged yesterday just broke it up into 3 different segments instead of having one big one at the end.  Trust me on this one I know what I'm talking about.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Illinihog on April 08, 2005, 10:32:12 am
The previous post about a scrimmage is false. There is a scrimmage it was suppose to be about 75 plays, it has been scaled back a little bit to only having 5 OLine Men Healthy. But there is still a scrimmage, Nutt even said that in today's article in the Dem Gaz. So come on out and support the Hogs.
I was two feet away from him when he said there would not be a scrimmage.  He said Saturday would be a normal practice. I heard later it was closed.
Has he changed his mind ? Guess I'll call and find out.

mikeirwin

I just got off the phone with sports information. No scrimmage Saturday. It's a normal practice. Closed after the first 15 minutes (unless you have one of those special Louis Campbell passes).

Cleve Dean

Quote from: Illinihog on April 08, 2005, 10:32:12 am
The previous post about a scrimmage is false. There is a scrimmage it was suppose to be about 75 plays, it has been scaled back a little bit to only having 5 OLine Men Healthy. But there is still a scrimmage, Nutt even said that in today's article in the Dem Gaz. So come on out and support the Hogs.

Nutt said there will not be a scrimmage this Saturday... APRIL 9TH.

April 9th is not the Red-White Fan Appreciation day. That is April 16th. That is the scaled back scrimmage to which Nutt is referring.

Feel free to go out and "support those Hogs" this Saturday... but there WILL NOT be a scrimmage.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Illinihog on April 08, 2005, 10:55:18 am
They still scrimmaged yesterday just broke it up into 3 different segments instead of having one big one at the end. Trust me on this one I know what I'm talking about.

Thought you knew what you were talking about?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Illinihog

I was talking about the Big Scrimmage Next Saturday before the 7-7 game.  That is THE ONLY REALLY SCRIMMAGE THAT WAS SCHEDULED.  So I got my weekends confused...I've been on some medication.

JIHawg

I drink some of that medication occasionally myself. :P

Phat Hawg

Quote from: Illinihog on April 08, 2005, 12:09:29 pm
I was talking about the Big Scrimmage Next Saturday before the 7-7 game. That is THE ONLY REALLY SCRIMMAGE THAT WAS SCHEDULED. So I got my weekends confused...I've been on some medication.

So if next Saturday's scrimmage was the only one scheduled then why did HDN, the SID office, and several newspapers say that tomorrow's scrimmage was cancelled? 

I would think something would actually have to be on the schedule before it could be cancelled.