Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally, Rush and Dana

Started by tophawg19, April 07, 2005, 09:02:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

Who would ever thought i would ever agree with all three columns on the same day .All were great but dare i say Wally's was brill.... brill.....pretty damn good .And finally we get national exposure
not for J.MC's 40 N.C's but for the damn pink jerseys .bet S.I takes notice of this .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 07, 2005, 09:02:46 am
Who would ever thought i would ever agree with all three columns on the same day .All were great but dare i say Wally's was brill.... brill.....pretty damn good .And finally we get national exposure
not for J.MC's 40 N.C's but for the damn pink jerseys .bet S.I takes notice of this .

Both the pink jerseys & Daly made the daily blog on SI yesterday...

tophawg19

It figures . they suck .If 1 of our players saved 100 people from a burning building they wouldn't notice .1 little incident and they cover that .

Extra Point

Wally, unintentionally I'm sure, could have very well offended those who support the Lance Armstrong Foundation for saying the color yellow represents cowardice when their motto is "live strong".  It is also the distinguished color of the international sport of cycling.  I would hardly call guys who ride 100 miles uphill in a couple hours "cowards".  Obviously this never crossed Wally's mind.

My point is that you can offend anyone about anything.  The best thing that can happen is the emergence of the "next incident".  For example, since the Pope died, you don't hear word one about Terri Shiavo.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: Extra Point on April 07, 2005, 09:44:02 am
Wally, unintentionally I'm sure, could have very well offended those who support the Lance Armstrong Foundation for saying the color yellow represents cowardice when their motto is "live strong".  It is also the distinguished color of the international sport of cycling.  I would hardly call guys who ride 100 miles uphill in a couple hours "cowards".  Obviously this never crossed Wally's mind.

My point is that you can offend anyone about anything.  The best thing that can happen is the emergence of the "next incident".  For example, since the Pope died, you don't hear word one about Terri Shiavo.

Yellow represented cowardice about 3 centuries before it represented Lance Armstrong's cancer crusade and/or cycling. So,  anyone offended by it, get in line and EFF off.

Extra Point

Quote from: HogInMemphis on April 07, 2005, 09:50:18 am
Quote from: Extra Point on April 07, 2005, 09:44:02 am

Yellow represented cowardice about 3 centuries before it represented Lance Armstrong's cancer crusade and/or cycling. So, anyone offended by it, get in line and EFF off.
Not saying Lance or his supporters WOULD be offended.  Point is, many charities use certain colors.  Two teams I don't like, Bama and BlowU, use red, but everytime I see the Hogs in red I don't think of them.  It is a catch 22 anyway you slice it.  And no one from 3,000 years ago or 3 years ago owns any color.  Proof postive is the inability to trademark one.

tophawg19

yep white is it 9/11 or surrender .not enough colors to go around .to many looking to be offended .
can't call a black man that he is an african american ,can't call an indian that[me ]  i am a native american yeah,right i'm just an american ....  all of our families have lost sons/daughters to just be americans nothing more nothing less .to much petty P.C. in the world today . sorry for the soapbox stand but i had to let it out. thanks to all who support hogville & thehogs soon to excede 3100.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 07, 2005, 10:32:45 am
yep white is it 9/11 or surrender .not enough colors to go around .to many looking to be offended .
can't call a black man that he is an african american ,can't call an indian that[me ]  i am a native american yeah,right i'm just an american ....  all of our families have lost sons/daughters to just be americans nothing more nothing less .to much petty P.C. in the world today . sorry for the soapbox stand but i had to let it out. thanks to all who support hogville & thehogs soon to excede 3100.

Why does reading about this issue remind me of some of the line from the movie, Barbershop?

See, in my day, a barber was more than just somebody who sit around in a FUBU shirt with his drawers hanging all out. In my day, a barber was a counselor. He was a fashion expert. A style coach. Pimp. Just general all-around hustler. But the problem with y'all cats today, is that you got no skill. No sense of history. And then, with a straight face, got the nerve to want to be somebody. Want somebody to respect you. But it takes respect to get respect. Understand? See, I'm old. But, Lord willing, I'd be spared the sight of seeing everything that we worked for flushed down the drain by someone who don't know no better or care.

Kevin

i am part of the Lance armstrong foundation. it does not bother me what they say about the color yellow.  the reason the foundation picked it is it respresents the winner of the tour de france.  until last year, i didn't know what kind of accomplishment that was.  Herring wants to put them in yellow go ahead.  it will not be the same yellow lance puts on in paris this july.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22