Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarke Moore goes to end, too

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 05, 2005, 03:59:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

You know they did not move him for his speed.  At least he is a little bigger.

On the spring depth chart, Clarke Moore initially was listed as an outside linebacker, not MLB.  It was clear they were putting speed guys first at the mike.  But the starters on the outside were ex-safeties.  Message not very fuzzy, rather loud and clear.

Slow tweeners have no place on Herring's defense.

Herring plans to let freshmen Fred Fairchild and Tyrell Graham compete for time at MLB.  Making a quick shift to the blue-chip-SEC model of speed first at the linebacker spots.  You can go big and fast, a la LSU, or just fast like Auburn and Bama, or a mix, like Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.  But "fast" is in all of them.
[CENSORED]!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 05, 2005, 03:59:53 pm
You know they did not move him for his speed. At least he is a little bigger.

On the spring depth chart, Clarke Moore initially was listed as an outside linebacker, not MLB. It was clear they were putting speed guys first at the mike. But the starters on the outside were ex-safeties. Message not very fuzzy, rather loud and clear.

Slow tweeners have no place on Herring's defense.

Herring plans to let freshmen Fred Fairchild and Tyrell Graham compete for time at MLB. Making a quick shift to the blue-chip-SEC model of speed first at the linebacker spots. You can go big and fast, a la LSU, or just fast like Auburn and Bama, or a mix, like Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. But "fast" is in all of them.

yea. I like the message.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Theolesnort

Clarke never was a speed demon but he lost some of it due to injuries. He is a nice kid even though he made a big mistake. Personally I hope he makes it at end. HIM-  I did put my I after personally. I hope it is permissible without being redundant. Just kidding.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

SonOfMud

Moore's career is going to be dead in the water.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Biggus Piggus

Hey drake did you catch Otis's column?  The name Brannon Kidd re-emerges from obscurity.  Kidd transferred from a good football juco to a no-name, but he got eligible, and he's going to play at Arkansas this fall.  Story did not say whether Kidd will have a scholarship, but hey it's terrific to have another cornerback option fall in our laps.
[CENSORED]!

PaulSqueals

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 05, 2005, 04:54:31 pm
Hey drake did you catch Otis's column? The name Brannon Kidd re-emerges from obscurity. Kidd transferred from a good football juco to a no-name, but he got eligible, and he's going to play at Arkansas this fall. Story did not say whether Kidd will have a scholarship, but hey it's terrific to have another cornerback option fall in our laps.
He's walking on...hopes to earn a scholarship.

Mike Tencleve

I also read Otis's column, I don't see how they would give him scholarship????  Can anyone tell me how that would be possible.

rricha

He has an uncle who still lives in fayetteville who owns a janitorial bussiness.  He can live with him and work for him to earn money to pay for school

tophawg19

good speed could be the extra c.b we need . didn't we have 1 more scholarship to give we signed 24 and some didn't qualify .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Big Papa Satan

Am I the only one that's troubled by the fact that Moore is moving to defensive end?

The kid's what, 230?  I cringe at seeing him trying to take on a SEC calibre tailback while shedding off a block.

Lando Calrissian

The move might be because he's really not all that good at LB.

Since he probably won't be starting (or even backing up) at LB, you gotta list him somewhere.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Boarcephus

I remember what he said when they hired him, he likes his football players to look like basketball players in that he likes that long, lean, look.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: SonOfMud on April 05, 2005, 04:54:17 pm
Moore's career is going to be dead in the water.

I think you are wrong.  Just give him a chance at end.  He is going to surprise everyone this year.  His heart is too big to fail.  And he is quite talented too.

tophawg19

possible speed rusher on long yardage situation .

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty?He is going to surprise everyone this year. His heart is too big to fail.

Now there's a cliche I haven't heard in about 3 minutes.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on April 05, 2005, 04:54:31 pm
Hey drake did you catch Otis's column? The name Brannon Kidd re-emerges from obscurity. Kidd transferred from a good football juco to a no-name, but he got eligible, and he's going to play at Arkansas this fall. Story did not say whether Kidd will have a scholarship, but hey it's terrific to have another cornerback option fall in our laps.
yep. believe it or not, a guy we were seriously recruiting will now come in as a recruited walkon, otis says. He has the speed, for sure, but can he play? Anyway, another guy that now isn't costing us anything. They probably promised him a chance to get a scholarship the next year, which of course won't happen when we sign 25 or more next year.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

tophawg19

what happened to the kid fromL.R THAT WENT TO HARGRAVES . Scholarship Kidd can play maybe now . I don't think they expected him to be a mid term grad .his JUCO coach was very impressed .

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 06, 2005, 11:44:51 am
what happened to the kid fromL.R THAT WENT TO HARGRAVES . Scholarship Kidd can play maybe now . I don't think they expected him to be a mid term grad .his JUCO coach was very impressed .

Fairchild??

he went to hargrave via LR central. many think he will earn some PT, i guess at MLB once the season rolls around. not sure if this is the guy you are referring to or not......

Theolesnort

If your talking about Rodney Giles from Hot Springs he is still wanting to come but he still has to get eligible. He is another one of those athletic freaks er wonders.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

tophawg19

No . His name is Kevin Hubbard . L.R  Sylvan Hills