Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Academic Record

Started by ATU HOG, November 08, 2017, 02:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cotton

Quote from: cjack on November 08, 2017, 03:36:15 pm
The thing I've enjoyed most in this thread is RyanMallettsEgo and Razorbackers stroking each other over how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is.   
Fixed it for you.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

RME

The thing I've enjoyed most in this thread is RyanMallettsEgo and Razorbackers stroking each other over how smart they are and how dumb everyone else is.

Well, the cream rises to the top as they say.

Not everyone has to support an argument by launching ad hominem attacks, but some do.

hawgon

Hey, Razorback fans.  We're dead last by two percentage points less than we were dead last last year.  Raises and extensions for everyone!

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: hawgon on November 08, 2017, 03:40:17 pm
Hey, Razorback fans.  We're dead last by two percentage points less than we were dead last last year.  Raises and extensions for everyone!
Glory to Almighty Frank.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 08, 2017, 03:07:40 pm
Funny this comes out the day before the BOT meeting.  Almost like he's trying to deflect attention from the poor performance somewhere else.  Seems like he's trying to sell a car with flood damage and hoping the buyer hasn't run a Carfax report.
While I congratulate the kids for their efforts and improvement, I DO find the timing interesting. Then again, there is such a thing as coincidence. ;)

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:37:17 pm

Not everyone has to support an argument by launching ad hominem attacks, but some do.

Looks like you pissed off some of the fans who failed to obtain a postsecondary education.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RME

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:45:53 pm
Looks like you pissed off some of the fans who failed to obtain a postsecondary education.

+1

Someone's gotta do it  ;)

outlawhogeywells

80% is very good, Congrats to the student athletes

Nafunu32

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 03:33:42 pm
Good god folks.

"Yes, winning is important," he said. "Now contrast that if you're a win-at-all-cost program which we're not and I've said many, many times we're not, then you don't worry about the academics, you don't worry about the conduct, you just win.

"And you know what? When I arrived here 10 years ago, that's not what the leaders wanted at the time and certainly that's certainly not what we've delivered.

"Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more."

I know what he said, but the common idea and perception of him is what I typed.

factchecker

What exactly were we doing back in 2005?

Our football team went 4-7 and we were barely graduating anybody.

I know that the score is compiled over years but how in the heck do we let our graduation rate start so low.

60% GSR in 2005 with a 4-7 record that same season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

So we're still last in academics and a senior leader shoplifted from out bowl sponsor?  So, now we are last in wins, academics, and our conduct sucks too.  Great job, Jeff.

Marshfieldhog

Kevin

their positive plug is not really positive. good job mr long
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

factchecker

Quote from: Nafunu32 on November 08, 2017, 03:50:24 pm
I know what he said, but the common idea and perception of him is what I typed.

That says more about the idiocy of our fanbase than it does anything else.

If our fans won't take the time to listen to the whole quote then they are dumb.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Drop the Mike

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:23:42 pm
It's not my fault you're so close-minded you can't see the intent of the Tweet.

Has nothing to do with the SEC. Has everything today with student-athletes at the U of A and their accomplishments.

Long didn't Tweet the SEC standings. That was thrown in as an agenda push. Long's Tweet deals strictly with the University of Arkansas. He makes no mention of how it compares to the SEC.

I'll bet if our number was #1 or 2 in the sec he would've included that don't you think? Instead, we are 14th of 14 so that whole sec comparison thing gets left out

ricepig

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 03:53:41 pm
their positive plug is not really positive. good job mr long

It absolutely is positive, where in any of the tweet and article did it mention any rankings in the conference or anywhere?

RME

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 03:56:15 pm
It absolutely is positive, where in any of the tweet and article did it mention any rankings in the conference or anywhere?

Only on Hogville can simpletons take positive progress and turn it negative.

factchecker

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:55:05 pm
I'll bet if our number was #1 or 2 in the sec he would've included that don't you think? Instead, we are 14th of 14 so that whole sec comparison thing gets left out

We could mention that we led all football teams in the SEC with highest number of honor roll members and fans like you would still bitch.

QuoteEarlier this year, football led all SEC schools with 39 members on the SEC Fall Academic Honor Roll. Arkansas also led the league in overall fall academic honor roll selections (91) in SEC sponsored sports.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/razorbacks-earn-record-apr/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Drop the Mike

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 03:37:17 pm

Jeff,
I realize today and tomorrow are very stressful for you because of the secret goings on with the bot meetings. Nice deflection tweet.

RME

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 03:57:48 pm
Jeff,
I realize today and tomorrow are very stressful for you because of the secret goings on with the bot meetings. Nice deflection tweet.

Keyboard warrior,

Thanks! I'm proud that we've reached a milestone in student-athlete academics for the University of Arkansas. But, you can't please everyone, and I'm aware of that. Some people are so hell-bent on being miserable, they turn positive progress into a negative thing. If that's how they choose to live out their existence, more power to them.

See you at the Mississippi State and Missouri games, since you're such a big supporter of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks football team.

- JL

factchecker

Jeff,

Not everybody who disagrees with you is Jeff Long or a "minion".  Take off the tinfoil hat.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Drop the Mike

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:57:19 pm
We could mention that we led all football teams in the SEC with highest number of honor roll members and fans like you would still bitch.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/razorbacks-earn-record-apr/

No, that is something to be proud of. I realize this is a difficult thing to understand but when you rank 1st in something that is good! When you rank 14th(dead last) in something that is not good.

Kevin

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 04:00:42 pm
Keyboard warrior,

Thanks! I'm proud that we've reached a milestone in student-athlete academics for the University of Arkansas. But, you can't please everyone, and I'm aware of that. Some people are so hell-bent on being miserable, they turn positive progress into a negative thing. If that's how they choose to live out their existence, more power to them.

See you at the Mississippi State and Missouri games, since you're such a big supporter of the University of Arkansas Razorbacks football team.

- JL

the ad brought this on himself. he has been promoting the academics instead of on field results. so our academic results have moved up a notch in the below average standings in the conference. that is like going 1-7 in the league one year, then celebrating 2-6 the next year.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 04:01:53 pm
No, that is something to be proud of. I realize this is a difficult thing to understand but when you rank 1st in something that is good! When you rank 14th(dead last) in something that is not good.

You do realize that our student athletes have a higher graduation rate than the general student population of the university? I'd be more concerned why they are so low, than where we rate in the conference.

WoooPigBrewie

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:52:16 pm
What exactly were we doing back in 2005?

Our football team went 4-7 and we were barely graduating anybody.

I know that the score is compiled over years but how in the heck do we let our graduation rate start so low.

60% GSR in 2005 with a 4-7 record that same season.
From 1990-1999, Almighty Frank oversaw two 3-win seasons and three 4-win seasons.  In that 10-year stretch, the Razorbacks went 55-58-2, a rate of 47.8%. Four bowl appearances.

From 2008-present, even if we go 4-8, Long will have overseen one 5-win season, two 4-win seasons, and one 3-win season.  In that 10-year stretch, the Razorbacks will have gone 67-59, a rate of 53.1%.  Six bowl appearances.

All glory to the Almighty Frank.
DIAMOND BOWL BABY!

factchecker

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2017, 04:03:07 pm
the ad brought this on himself. he has been promoting the academics instead of on field results. so our academic results have moved up a notch in the below average standings in the conference. that is like going 1-7 in the league one year, then celebrating 2-6 the next year.

So what were we when our GSR was 60% back in 2005?

The same year we went 4-7 in football.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Nafunu32

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:54:47 pm
That says more about the idiocy of our fanbase than it does anything else.

If our fans won't take the time to listen to the whole quote then they are dumb.

"Yes, winning is important," he said. "Now contrast that if you're a win-at-all-cost program which we're not and I've said many, many times we're not, then you don't worry about the academics, you don't worry about the conduct, you just win.

"And you know what? When I arrived here 10 years ago, that's not what the leaders wanted at the time and certainly that's certainly not what we've delivered.

"Yes, we want to win. Yes, it's a priority. Yes, it eats us up from the inside that we don't win more."

Long basically said that we aren't going to devalue things (academics and conduct) by winning at all cost.The problem is that our academics and football ratings are both very low. I still don't see where my original statement contradicted anything that Long was quoted on. I assume that since GA and Bama lead the nation in football ratings, they must devalue academics and conduct to be there? Oh wait... they don't.

Drop the Mike

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on November 08, 2017, 04:00:42 pm
Keyboard warrior,

- JL

I'll be in my seat in section 107 like I've been for the last 10 years. Heres a pic from the 4th quarter of the auburn game from my seat to show what a 'supporter' I am. Were you there?

cjack

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:45:53 pm

I have a couple diplomas, but I don't feel the need to mention them on a message board.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

cjack

Quote from: Drop the Mike on November 08, 2017, 04:07:27 pm
I'll be in my seat in section 107 like I've been for the last 10 years. Heres a pic from the 4th quarter of the auburn game from my seat to show what a 'supporter' I am. Were you there?

He is very busy using his diplomas in Washington, D.C.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

East TN HAWG

Jeff,

I think there is alot of posturing going on: Jeff's tweet today and Wally's article yesterday.  I wish they would record this weeks BOT meetings.  They could sell the recordings and make up for some of the losses incurred due to the lack of football tickets sold. 

Razorbackers

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand athletics. The sports are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics, most of the sports will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Bret's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his coaching persona- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. Us intellectuals understand this stuff; we have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these tweets, to realize that they're not just sports- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jeff and Bret truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the wisdom in Bret's existential tweeting of his cooking, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jeff Long's genius wit unfolds itself on their smart phonescreens. What fools.. how I pity them.

hawgon

HoggyCat

Quote from: factchecker on November 08, 2017, 03:19:15 pm
When the GSR was as low as 60 under the previous administration (in 2005).... it's something to brag about.

Is LSU's AD bragging about improving 20 points?? Look at the second image real close.

What's hilarious is they sound excited about LSU being third, when the image says tied for 4th. 😂😂😂
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

cjack

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 04:26:53 pm
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand athletics. The sports are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics, most of the sports will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Bret's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his coaching persona- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. Us intellectuals understand this stuff; we have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these tweets, to realize that they’re not just sports- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jeff and Bret truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the wisdom in Bret's existential tweeting of his cooking, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jeff Long's genius wit unfolds itself on their smart phonescreens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Nice.  Now that is good stuff
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Perennial 8-4 Team

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand athletics. The sports are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics, most of the sports will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Bret's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his coaching persona- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. Us intellectuals understand this stuff; we have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these tweets, to realize that they're not just sports- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Jeff and Bret truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the wisdom in Bret's existential tweeting of his cooking, which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Jeff Long's genius wit unfolds itself on their smart phonescreens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Only on a place like Hogville will you find characters such as this guy.  As a graduate student (because apparently we have to state our level of education before posting) and UofA alum, I can say I appreciate the back-handed sarcasm from this post.  Aside from belittling fellow Razorback fans and citizens of my home state, you truly ARE an idiot if you cannot see the intent of Jeff Long to deflect attention from the poor performance of the football team.  To make it clear, I'm proud of the student athletes' record graduation rate, I truly am. However, I would like for the Jeff Long supporters in this forum to give me 5 reasons why he should keep his job (and don't even give me any bull about our improvement in non-revenue sports).  At the time, Bret's hire was a slam-dunk.  Obviously now, it is not.  Mike Anderson was the best move Jeff has made since he's been here.  The Bobby Petrino hire resulted in several great seasons, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Jeff fished him from his former employer, the Atlanta Falcons, in the middle of the season.  If you hire a coach that is willing to quit on his team midway through a season, can you really be surprised when he fudges up down the road at your institution?  I think not.  Some of the same activity from Mr. Long was present in the Bielema hire, you should ask Barry Alvarez about it.  Some professional leagues have rules against that type of conduct, see the MLB.  It's called tampering.  Jeff has been successful in maintaining the Arkansas brand during troubling times.  His business acumen is not to be questioned, but his athletic prowess should be.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 08, 2017, 04:51:47 pm
Only on a place like Hogville will you find characters such as this guy.  As a graduate student (because apparently we have to state our level of education before posting) and UofA alum, I can say I appreciate the back-handed sarcasm from this post.  Aside from belittling fellow Razorback fans and citizens of my home state, you truly ARE an idiot if you cannot see the intent of Jeff Long to deflect attention from the poor performance of the football team.  To make it clear, I'm proud of the student athletes' record graduation rate, I truly am. However, I would like for the Jeff Long supporters in this forum to give me 5 reasons why he should keep his job (and don't even give me any bull about our improvement in non-revenue sports).  At the time, Bret's hire was a slam-dunk.  Obviously now, it is not.  Mike Anderson was the best move Jeff has made since he's been here.  The Bobby Petrino hire resulted in several great seasons, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Jeff fished him from his former employer, the Atlanta Falcons, in the middle of the season.  If you hire a coach that is willing to quit on his team midway through a season, can you really be surprised when he fudges up down the road at your institution?  I think not.  Some of the same activity from Mr. Long was present in the Bielema hire, you should ask Barry Alvarez about it.  Some professional leagues have rules against that type of conduct, see the MLB.  It's called tampering.  Jeff has been successful in maintaining the Arkansas brand during troubling times.  His business acumen is not to be questioned, but his athletic prowess should be.

If you were truly a graduate student, then you'd understand paragraphs.

Tusks

Ladies and gentleman, if you read this thread you know what a Jeff Long circle jerk looks like.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 04:55:23 pm
If you were truly a graduate student, then you'd understand paragraphs.

Pot calling the kettle black?

Razorbackers

jkstock04

This thread is Groundhog Day all over again. Once again, the Hogville participation trophy liberals miss the point. It's not about degrading or putting down academic achievements...it's about our "esteemed AD" once again loudly using it as a deflection to how badly the football program performs athletically.

This goes right along with the culture change we experienced starting in 2012 and is a major reason why we are where we are today.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Dark Helmet Hog

We're not a graduate at all costs program either. Stuff walks hand in hand. If your gonna cheat, go all in and do it right.

Tusks

Ladies and gentleman, #14 on the field and #14 in the classroom but #1 in your heart.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Cotton on November 08, 2017, 03:05:31 pm
If you made a 17 on the ACT and improved to a 19 and the rest of your friends made 24 plus would you be happy at UACCM in Morrilton?

I only made a 19 on my ACT but still went to Fayetteville with my best friend that made a 33. Only difference is he didn't have to pay for his.

ricepig

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: Razorbackers on November 08, 2017, 05:01:01 pm
My formatting is flawless sir.

I think your average 5th grade English teacher would tell you a 7 sentence paragraph is not flawless.

Hoginsavga

Outside of being a good citizen and having good morals there is nothing more important than getting a quality education. So congrats to all of the high achievers.

The reason this is such a "hot" topic is, IMO, we are so damn tired of being last and Jeff Long's better than thou attitude in some areas. His statement of win at all costs didn't go down well with a lot of fans because AR has always been a program with only minor infractions to my memory. It's not like he invented the wheel that saved us from the NCAA.

On the other hand I am impressed with the graduation rate of all the SEC schools. Now can we move upward and beat some of the others in both graduation and football.

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Bret Squealema on November 08, 2017, 03:07:40 pm
Funny this comes out the day before the BOT meeting.  Almost like he's trying to deflect attention from the poor performance somewhere else.  Seems like he's trying to sell a car with flood damage and hoping the buyer hasn't run a Carfax report.
LMAO!

Hoginsavga

Charles, is that you from M. A. S. H.?

cjack

I don't care one bit about graduation rates.  Stay eligible. Stay out of jail.  Be a decent human. Win ball games.

Graduating college is a personal challenge. It's on you to do it.  Athletes probably have a better chance to graduate because they have someone watching their class work for the reasons above. The average student does not have that.
Woooo Pig Soooie!