Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Javier Edwards

Started by parallaxpig, December 09, 2016, 09:41:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

parallaxpig

Can anyone share the latest info on Javier Edwards?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

RazorPiggie

parallaxpig

me thinks he's hoping for an offer from Tom Hermann.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

King Kong

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 09, 2016, 02:53:58 pm
me thinks he's hoping for an offer from Tom Hermann.

He is but it ain't coming. Baylor's probably about to offer him

ricepig

Announcing Sunday, supposedly. Down to us, Colorado, and UNLV.

parallaxpig

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2016, 08:28:40 pm

Time of announcement?

Hollywood870

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: ricepig on December 09, 2016, 08:28:40 pm

I know the Buffs had a great year but sheesh you think we should be able to win this recruiting battle with the playing time we can offer

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on December 10, 2016, 09:12:25 am
Time of announcement?

I don't think there's a designated time, I read he "thinks" he will on Sunday.

parallaxpig

I believe I read he will be a Spring enrollee. If so, what is date he has to announce to make that time frame?

Bacon_Bitz

Does Colorado run a 3-4?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on December 10, 2016, 09:41:53 am
I know the Buffs had a great year but sheesh you think we should be able to win this recruiting battle with the playing time we can offer
they have legal cannabis. good luck winning too many head up battles with Colorado.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on December 10, 2016, 10:36:46 am
Does Colorado run a 3-4?
yes, i believe. They have Jim Leavitt, and he was a 3-4 guy everywhere else. I wish we had Jim Leavitt.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 10, 2016, 11:23:38 am
they have legal cannabis. good luck winning too many head up battles with Colorado.

The NCAA hasn't legalized it.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 10, 2016, 11:24:36 am
yes, i believe. They have Jim Leavitt, and he was a 3-4 guy everywhere else. I wish we had Jim Leavitt.

That's who I was calling for a few years ago. People seemed to think that his prior mishap was still too big a deal to bring him onboard. Hell, at least he's got some fire

Oklahawg

Spring enrollees begin signing the 14th, I believe. They can sign all the way up to the start of week two of the spring semester. Find a school that delays the start an extra week and it is two weeks into the January recruiting season.

The "enroll after the semester starts" was the Michael Taylor story. He couldn't enroll until the NCAA Clearinghouse gave the go-ahead. I believe (not sure) it was after day one of classes at UA. Certainly, we've had that happen before.

When Petrino signed Robert Atiga (LB out of a UT JUCO) Atiga appeared around March 1. If I understand the story correctly, they were able to find 8-week classes for Atiga that started in March. And, many recruits will take an intercession class the fits between the fall and spring semesters at a school. You find a school with a late spring start (trimester schools often do this; some schools way up north do it for weather-related reasons) and you can get six hours of intercession before you transfer. Making all the moving parts sync up is tough, of course.

Step one: get the commit!
Step two: graduate JUCO
Step three: gain approval to enroll at UA via NCAA Clearinghouse
Step four: enroll at UA for spring classes
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: BritneySpareRibs on December 10, 2016, 12:57:15 pm
That's who I was calling for a few years ago. People seemed to think that his prior mishap was still too big a deal to bring him onboard. Hell, at least he's got some fire

Biggest issue with the 3-4 is talent. It is a different skill set requirement at many of the spots. We are ill-equipped to make this move (and the two-year pass needed to address it will really get the wolves howling).

I do like the thinking on Leavitt - find a coach who may not land a HC gig again but has that background. They understand well the bigger picture, tend to have a closer's mentality in recruiting (that is what the HC should be), and were a top assistant (or they'd not have become a HC).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FANONTHEHILL

We will run some 3-4 next year.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

greenie

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 10, 2016, 01:35:49 pm

Interesting...has Robb Smith ever run a 3-4?  Sorry if already discussed.

Hawg Life

Robb Smith won't be here next year.

tophawg19

Leavitt makes at least 250,000 less than R. Smith and puts a solid defense on the field . I think 800,000 could get him and save some to give to Enos
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Razorpigg

menace_hawg3

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 10, 2016, 01:35:49 pm

Will it be something more like a 4-3 under hybrid like the Seahawks or a true 3-4 like Bama? I think the 4-3 under fits our personnel better. A guy like Javier Edwards could help our LBs a lot.

menace_hawg3

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 10, 2016, 01:04:19 pm
Biggest issue with the 3-4 is talent. It is a different skill set requirement at many of the spots. We are ill-equipped to make this move (and the two-year pass needed to address it will really get the wolves howling).

I do like the thinking on Leavitt - find a coach who may not land a HC gig again but has that background. They understand well the bigger picture, tend to have a closer's mentality in recruiting (that is what the HC should be), and were a top assistant (or they'd not have become a HC).

They already have a guy like that on staff. Paul Rhodes. He ran the 3-4 at ISU.

Hawg Life

Earth Hog Fan

December 10, 2016, 10:28:50 pm #25 Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 10:45:19 pm by Earth Hog Fan
Javier Edwards plans to announce his decision Sunday in one article and Wednesday in another.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/dec/09/arkansa-dt-target-javier-edwards-plans-sunday-anno/

One of the stops that Coach Rhoads had this week fit that scenario when he and coach Bret Bielema had a home visit with Blinn, Texas, College defensive tackle Javier Edwards (6-3, 350).
Edwards, who recently de-committed from Florida, said Saturday night that he has plans to announce from among Arkansas, Colorado and UNLV on Wednesday, Dec. 14th. He would be the Razorbacks' 20th commit of the class if he comes on board.

Both articles comes from Dudley Dawson. And Coach Rhoads who has been recruiting Edwards since Coach Rhoads was the head coach at Iowa State.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/dec/10/arkansas-assistants-happy-recruiting-reception/
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

ricepig

Yep, announcing/signing on Wednesday, now.

hawgmasta

a0ashle

Man it's slow in the recruiting forum lately, no one has speculated that the move in date is good/bad yet? Some of ya'll are losing your edge ;)

RazorPiggie

Did he take a visit this weekend? I thought I read he was thinking about going to Mizzou this weekend

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 11, 2016, 09:50:16 am
Did he take a visit this weekend? I thought I read he was thinking about going to Mizzou this weekend

My understanding is no, and Mizzou isn't in his top 3.

parallaxpig

Quote from: a0ashle on December 11, 2016, 09:48:01 am
Man it's slow in the recruiting forum lately, no one has speculated that the move in date is good/bad yet? Some of ya'll are losing your edge ;)

It's all pay to play now............

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: ricepig on December 11, 2016, 05:10:32 am
Yep, announcing/signing on Wednesday, now.

When where and how?

ricepig

VirginiaHog

I'm hoping for great news tomorrow and Thursday.  (Edward's and Martin)

ricepig

Edwards just got an OM offer.

jjdlc

Quote from: ricepig on December 13, 2016, 09:29:31 pm
Edwards just got an OM offer.

That's a bit late to the table.  Still with their hi$tory, who knows.

outlawhogeywells

Any
Quote from: jjdlc on December 13, 2016, 09:36:45 pm
time ole mi$$ gets involved I worry

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: jjdlc on December 13, 2016, 09:36:45 pm

Ole Miss is a ghost town this year for recruiting.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 14, 2016, 12:00:56 am
Ole Miss is a ghost town this year for recruiting.
Hard for kids to commit to a place that could be hit with the ban hammer at any time
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Bacon_Bitz

Sneaky move by ole miss.  Hope it doesn't matter.

ArkansasI

Coach Rhoads has a real history with Javier.  A late push from Ole Miss does not concern me.

colbs

What time is he announcing?

CallThoseHawgs

Quote from: colbs on December 14, 2016, 11:47:08 am
What time is he announcing?
Might be moving it back til tomorrow. Wants to be with family when he signs

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 14, 2016, 09:25:14 am
Coach Rhoads has a real history with Javier.  A late push from Ole Miss does not concern me.
usually late pushes by auburn, bama, and ole piss concern me as they always come with a salary. this time, however, it's just desperation on ole miss' part. nobody, especially a guy with only 3 years eligibility, wants to go somewhere they will certainly be in a bowl ban and may lose their coach.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on December 14, 2016, 11:48:55 am
Might be moving it back til tomorrow. Wants to be with family when he signs
no. i need news!!!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 14, 2016, 11:55:24 am
usually late pushes by auburn, bama, and ole piss concern me as they always come with a salary. this time, however, it's just desperation on ole miss' part. nobody, especially a guy with only 3 years eligibility, wants to go somewhere they will certainly be in a bowl ban and may lose their coach.

Bama doesn't have to pay anymore.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 14, 2016, 12:02:11 pm
Bama doesn't have to pay anymore.
but they still do. Not for 3 and 4 stars, but, the 5*s still get their signing bonuses.

The_Boot_stops_here

So apparently Edwards is still trying to decide?  That doesn't add up

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 14, 2016, 12:57:37 pm
So apparently Edwards is still trying to decide?  That doesn't add up

Where did you hear that?