Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demekko Clark and Cualan Williams are the best prospects in the state

Started by BoynamedWooPigSooie, December 05, 2016, 07:00:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Demekko's ridiculous. Arkansas coaches are gonna look real bad not finding a way to get him on the hill.  Same goes for Cualan Williams.

These are the 2 best prospects in this crop of Arkansas football players.  Check out these videos of Demekko's strength and athleticism. He might be a little short but the kid can play.

https://twitter.com/mekkoclark

On the flip side Williams has all the physical tools and measurements he's just a bit raw coming from a tiny school in SW AR.

These are 2 guys that we absolutely must have in Fayetteville.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

al_pigcino

There are 4 offers total.  4 for Williams (Miss State is the only SEC school) and none for Clark.  Sounds like a lot more than just Arkansas will be "hurting" for not getting them on campus.

ricepig

Ah yes, some more of "just offer the Arkansas kids" brigade, or only if they would.......

a0ashle

where do we draw the line? You can go down the list of Arkansas recruits, find the offer/no offer line, then come on here and call it a big mistake.

The_Boot_stops_here

I don't know if we're missing or not but I tend to agree that the offer lists would support the idea that this staff isn't the only one who thinks these guys aren't SEC guys. However, playing devil's advocate, there are several guys we have committed in this class that are in the same boat so who knows. What I do know though is that you don't let where a player is from influence whether you offer or not

RazorPiggie

Biddy was on DTS the other day and was talking about the state of Arkansas and its recruits. He said that we should bring in about 5 a year from the state. Rick Schaffer came back and said that we needed to have around 10 to 12. That we should take a chance on some of these kids. We can't afford to. We have 25 scholarships. That's it. We can't "take chances" on some of these kids that aren't even getting other P5 others. I'd rather take chances on kids from Texas or Florida.

al_pigcino

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 05, 2016, 08:48:13 am
Biddy was on DTS the other day and was talking about the state of Arkansas and its recruits. He said that we should bring in about 5 a year from the state. Rick Schaffer came back and said that we needed to have around 10 to 12. That we should take a chance on some of these kids. We can't afford to. We have 25 scholarships. That's it. We can't "take chances" on some of these kids that aren't even getting other P5 others. I'd rather take chances on kids from Texas or Florida.
If we weren't forced to play everyone so quickly (attrition, previous recruiting) I could see us doing that.  As of right now we need people that can play by year two instead of year 4.  I think in a year or two you see the number of Arkansas kids go up. 

outlawhogeywells

would be nice if the state of Arkansas produced 10-12 per year that were truly SEC players. 
Little Rock should produce 3-5 per year alone.  Fort Smith should produce at least 1-2 and NWA should produce 3-4.
That would leave the rest of the state to come up with 1-2.  But right now we don't and if we do they can't qualify

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

pork in the whiskers

The day we take advice from "bowl cut" and then act on it, is the day we become 2nd fiddle to the howlers. Man, he is clueless and if he played more than competitive hop-scotch growing up, I would be shocked.

onebadrubi

Rick says that like we have an extra 5-6 scholarships each season left over and adding those to the total number of 85 wouldn't hurt us. 

We should not be taken flyers on 25% of our class, doing so will not bode well.  I don't htink anyone has an issue taking a 1-3 "flyers" a year and hopefully at least one of those comes from instate

Swine Time

I understand that CBB and staff have a rough job when it comes to recruiting high school players just from game film and short personal visits. I've never been a coach or calm to be smarter than anyone on the HOGS staff. I love the game of FOOTBALL ( going to High School games, going to the HILL or just watching the HOGS from home). I've known Demekko's family for sometime now, but the thing you don't get to see thru game film is Demekko has HEART to go along with his athletic ability. I started posting about him last spring after his junior season. It just kind of baffles me how it seems as he is getting overlooked. Numbers don't lie when it comes to stats. Yes, this region of the state don't have the best reputation, but Demekko is truly UNCOMMON!
There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

onebadrubi

Quote from: Swine Time on December 05, 2016, 11:23:56 am
I understand that CBB and staff have a rough job when it comes to recruiting high school players just from game film and short personal visits. I've never been a coach or calm to be smarter than anyone on the HOGS staff. I love the game of FOOTBALL ( going to High School games, going to the HILL or just watching the HOGS from home). I've known Demekko's family for sometime now, but the thing you don't get to see thru game film is Demekko has HEART to go along with his athletic ability. I started posting about him last spring after his junior season. It just kind of baffles me how it seems as he is getting overlooked. Numbers don't lie when it comes to stats. Yes, this region of the state don't have the best reputation, but Demekko is truly UNCOMMON!

Has anyone with his family or coaches been in communication with the staff? 

Did he attend any camps?

Is he interested in a walkon or preferred walk on spot?

Swine Time

I don't know of any contact recently.

He attended a couple of Combines the summer between his So and Jr year then He attended the Nike opening in Dallas this summer and what I think "SHOWED OUT".

The last Question I honestly have no clue if that's been tossed around or not.

If some BIG time school don't make a move a lower tier school is going to get a GEM!

scooby21322

It's not as if we need "fliers" at RB and WR either.  I'm sure they'll land somewhere (Williams already committed to LA Tech), but there is no reason for Arkansas to offer them at this point.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Swine Time on December 05, 2016, 11:23:56 am
could this kid walk on? Does his family have the money?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Swine Time on December 05, 2016, 12:02:02 pm
I don't know of any contact recently.

He attended a couple of Combines the summer between his So and Jr year then He attended the Nike opening in Dallas this summer and what I think "SHOWED OUT".

The last Question I honestly have no clue if that's been tossed around or not.

If some BIG time school don't make a move a lower tier school is going to get a GEM!

It seems as if their is some disconnect somewhere then.  I know a kid and his family who recently was recruited hard by this staff to be a preferred walk on and late in the game was offered a scholarship.  Before they even disccused going from a attend school and walk on spot to preferred walk on to scholarship, he was asked to attend any and every home game, camp, etc offered.  There was continual communication and contact.  It also took some effort on the player and their family to get him to everything and continue developing while being recruited. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Lottery scholarships should be utilized in the walk-on program instead of taking rich kids from out of state who want the big time football experience in college.

For those that think Clark and Williams would just be "fliers" on in-state kids they're sorely uninformed.  Demekko put it on Agim last season and Williams would be the most athletic skill player on campus the moment he put foot in Washington County.

I long said that Arkansas needs to bring the 10 best athletes that don't get recruited by major schools and bring them on, redshirt them and coach the hell out of them giving them 2 years in the weight room and the position meetings and workouts to learn how to play LB, S, TE, FB, OL/DL etc. and we could build our depth up.

How many Texas and Florida kids have bailed on Coach B?  Give me an Arkansas kid that has heart and has dreamed of playing for the Hogs anyday over an entitled kid that quits after 2 years and won't put in the effort and work to be a contributor on the field.

onebadrubi

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 05, 2016, 02:39:19 pm
Lottery scholarships should be utilized in the walk-on program instead of taking rich kids from out of state who want the big time football experience in college.

For those that think Clark and Williams would just be "fliers" on in-state kids they're sorely uninformed.  Demekko put it on Agim last season and Williams would be the most athletic skill player on campus the moment he put foot in Washington County.

I long said that Arkansas needs to bring the 10 best athletes that don't get recruited by major schools and bring them on, redshirt them and coach the hell out of them giving them 2 years in the weight room and the position meetings and workouts to learn how to play LB, S, TE, FB, OL/DL etc. and we could build our depth up.

How many Texas and Florida kids have bailed on Coach B?  Give me an Arkansas kid that has heart and has dreamed of playing for the Hogs anyday over an entitled kid that quits after 2 years and won't put in the effort and work to be a contributor on the field.

TO do so you would need at a minimum of 5 years to build that system to see if it is even close to reputable or worthy. 

ricepig

Rich kids from out of state don't qualify for Lottery scholarships, that refutes any point going forward, lol.

lumphog

GOOD POST.......I AGREE100%  They are out there

nwahogfan1

I bet the number is closer to 10 than to 5 but because of grades and kids coming from small schools therefore playing 3 sports in HS the SEC schools do not want to take a chance.  ASU, UCA and others are getting 4 or 5 studs a year from the state who is good enough to play in the SEC if they specialized in one sport.  My opinion anyway. 

Hollywood870

Not like we've been missing out on in state kids lately. *sigh* worth a look.

Hollywood870

People need to wake up. In state kids have been disrespected. Dixon is in the damn NFL. Two kids were starting in conference championship games this weekend.

a0ashle

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 05, 2016, 06:25:22 pm
People need to wake up. In state kids have been disrespected. Dixon is in the damn NFL. Two kids were starting in conference championship games this weekend.

Sometimes kids need a chip on their shoulder.

Pork Twain

If Arkansas can offer every kid in the state, completely lock it down, it will be the only school to do so.  Pair that with the fact that there is not a lot of talent in Arkansas and over offering seems to be a recipe for disaster.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

tophawg19

Clark wowed in Dallas finishing ahead of some big name backs . with a 375 bench and 225 19 times and a 550 dead lift , the kid already has the strength for college football . He can walk on under full Academic scholarship till the Hogs can find a place for him. if he doesn't fit he can transfer out and play at a lower level . nothing lost for him or the hogs .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 05, 2016, 07:13:33 pm
Clark wowed in Dallas finishing ahead of some big name backs . with a 375 bench and 225 19 times and a 550 dead lift , the kid already has the strength for college football . He can walk on under full Academic scholarship till the Hogs can find a place for him. if he doesn't fit he can transfer out and play at a lower level . nothing lost for him or the hogs .

He has a 34 on the ACT?

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 05, 2016, 06:25:22 pm
Yep
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

TomasPistola

So you guys want to win more games but do it with players that are - at least by the numbers - inferior to what we have now. Interesting.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 05, 2016, 07:13:33 pm

You've been misled on the rules.  He can't be an academic scholarship and the team without counting towards the numbers

tophawg19

A walk on can be on Academic scholarship and not count . until he actually plays then he would lose the scholarship
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 05, 2016, 08:56:56 pm
A walk on can be on Academic scholarship and not count . until he actually plays then he would lose the scholarship

I've had two kids on full academic scholarships, it's very competitive, they don't just give them out, lol.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 05, 2016, 08:56:56 pm

I think there is a little more to it than that.  I think he still counts towards the 85 man limit or else you would have a HUGE loop hole to exploit

nwahogfan1

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 05, 2016, 10:26:50 pm
I think there is a little more to it than that.  I think he still counts towards the 85 man limit or else you would have a HUGE loop hole to exploit

Tophog is right.   He can walk on and be on academic scholarship until he actually plays in a game.  then he can be just a walkon.  If he goes on scholarship after his 2nd year then it does not count on the 25 yearly count but it would count on the 85 count. 

I understand if you are on a Presidential scholarship you can continue to receive your $5000 per semester grant even if you are on a athletic scholarship but I am not sure on that.

HE

kingt

Demekko is a good kid and great athlete. I coached him his 9th grade year and he was head and shoulders better than everyone we played that season. Him and a kid who no longer plays football Jameion Johnson were the best 9th graders I've ever seen play football. Demmekko reminded me of Trent Richardson (The Alabama Version). He had great strength and speed and ran angry! He had around 700 yes rushing (we rotated backs every 2 plays, played 8 in all) and led the defense with over 100 tkls. Let me explain it to you this way, I watched Brett Smith, Roshaun Fellows, Terrance Hampton, Brannon Kidd, John Jackson, Dominique Reed, Tyler Wilson, Cruz Williams, Broderick Green, Michael Dyer. Played against Darren Mcfadden, Brett Helms, Elston Forte, Jarius Wright, Greg Childs, Chris Gragg, LT Walker. Outside of D'Angelo Williams, Demekko is on the exact same talent level as those guys I just named. On another note Montaric Brown better be glad Jameion Johnson no longer plays bc he wouldve been better not knocking Brown but Johnson was amazing (1300 rec and 13 ints) unfortunately he suffered two gunshot wounds to his abdomen and never came back to sports after his freshman season. Also, the kid from Hermitage Montae Thomas is also another kid the hogs should look at, he is unreal! On down the road they should also get the Warren Duo of Treylon Burkes and Keemontrae McKnight. Been watching those 2 the last to years and they are legit. Treylon is a legit 6'4 215 as a sophomore but McKnight has some growing to do at 5'8 170 but he is still a sophomore as well. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: ricepig on December 05, 2016, 02:51:19 pm
Rich kids from out of state don't qualify for Lottery scholarships, that refutes any point going forward, lol.

:facepalm:  ugh, Tardo.  What I said was the exact opposite.  Instead of slow white kids from the Woodlands, give those slots to athletic freaks that have the tools to be groomed into SEC players.  It's what Coach B said he'd do w/ the walk on program.

Give me 40 times over GPA.

HoggusMaximus

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 05, 2016, 07:00:35 am
Demekko's ridiculous. Arkansas coaches are gonna look real bad not finding a way to get him on the hill.  Same goes for Cualan Williams.

These are the 2 best prospects in this crop of Arkansas football players.  Check out these videos of Demekko's strength and athleticism. He might be a little short but the kid can play.

On the flip side Williams has all the physical tools and measurements he's just a bit raw coming from a tiny school in SW AR.

I trust the people who have been recruiting college football players for a living over you.

Pork Twain

One thing you can really tell from his Twitter is that he REALLY loves himself.  Hopefully that is just him trying to get attention and not his attitude.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 06, 2016, 03:49:57 am

:facepalm:  ugh, Tardo.  What I said was the exact opposite.  Instead of slow white kids from the Woodlands, give those slots to athletic freaks that have the tools to be groomed into SEC players.  It's what Coach B said he'd do w/ the walk on program.

Give me 40 times over GPA.

Uh, you said Lottery scholarships, tardo, those only go to in-state students. When you get someone that can qualify for an academic scholarship that can run fast, call up the coaching staff.

ballhogger

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 05, 2016, 07:00:35 am

I have seen Demekko in person and he reminds me of the likes of Dennis Johnson.  Very good lower body strength and can cut on a dime.  I have personally talked to his coaches and they informed me that it is a grade issue with him.  They said that several coaches have come by to see him but they are handcuffed because they can't make the young man qualify.  In my opinion he is talented enough to compete though.

Swine Time

Quote from: ballhogger on December 06, 2016, 08:07:24 am
I have seen Demekko in person and he reminds me of the likes of Dennis Johnson.  Very good lower body strength and can cut on a dime.  I have personally talked to his coaches and they informed me that it is a grade issue with him.  They said that several coaches have come by to see him but they are handcuffed because they can't make the young man qualify.  In my opinion he is talented enough to compete though.

Really?   ACT possible but haven't heard that about GPA. If you don't mind sharing with me thru pm your source. Cause ever thing Ive heard school work aint an issue.

ballhogger

Quote from: Swine Time on December 06, 2016, 09:01:41 am
Really?   ACT possible but haven't heard that about GPA. If you don't mind sharing with me thru pm your source. Cause ever thing Ive heard school work aint an issue.

I just realized I said grade issue when I mean't qualifying issue.  My mistake.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Swine Time on December 06, 2016, 09:01:41 am

Didn't you say your source was the family?  Not to bash them but always consider the source with info. 

hvsupastar

I saw Cualan Williams and Dezmon Jackson on the same field and they weren't in the same class, Jackson was head and shoulders better.

Dezmon Jackson and Monta Thomas are the 2 best prospects in the state but neither are going to qualify it seems. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 06, 2016, 10:33:58 am
I saw Cualan Williams and Dezmon Jackson on the same field and they weren't in the same class, Jackson was head and shoulders better.

Dezmon Jackson and Monta Thomas are the 2 best prospects in the state but neither are going to qualify it seems.
Agree on Dezmon. imo the best player in the state. what a shame that nobody gets these kids to tutor up.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 06, 2016, 10:33:58 am

Unfortunately the issue of "not qualifying" is a theme we hear far too often when it comes to some of the better players around the state. We all know that typically Arkansas doesn't produce all that much D1 talent to begin with. Then to add to that number's problem the fact that within that select group a chunk don't qualify academically then our home base for recruiting shrinks even further.

FATHAWG08

Crockett the  RB from LR was a miss. I know he had a legal issue going into the last Game. But that kid looks like an SEC caliber player & he definitely proved it. That was a Big Miss by our Staff.
I love off season Football!!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 06, 2016, 11:15:57 am
Unfortunately the issue of "not qualifying" is a theme we hear far too often when it comes to some of the better players around the state. We all know that typically Arkansas doesn't produce all that much D1 talent to begin with. Then to add to that number's problem the fact that within that select group a chunk don't qualify academically then our home base for recruiting shrinks even further.
it's our darn schools. ever notice the kids from b-ville, fay-ville, etc always seem to get the help they need to qualify? meanwhile, little rock counselors screw up tests and cost kids eligiblity and rarely get them to qualify. it's pathetic.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ARtillahog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on December 06, 2016, 01:29:21 pm
Crockett the  RB from LR was a miss. I know he had a legal issue going into the last Game. But that kid looks like an SEC caliber player & he definitely proved it. That was a Big Miss by our Staff.

So who would you rather have between Whaley, Hammonds, or Crockett?  Bc the Hogs were only taking 2, maybe 3 if they got their wish.