Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patton visiting USC this weekend.......

Started by ricepig, November 23, 2016, 12:17:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

So, what do we make of it? It's never good when one of your top commits takes a late visit to a top school. Looking or just taking a trip?

ricepig

Ok, according to others, he's rock solid and taking a visit the staff is ok with.

King Kong

As long as he is still a Razorback in the end I don't care.

Unfortunately, to get top players you have to deal with them visiting other top schools

The real Hogules

I don't know how correct this is, but I read that Patton was wanting to enroll early and the SEC has higher standards (requires more college hours/credits?) than do other conferences.
According to the article that I read it sounded as if he "might" not be able to enroll early at an SEC school and was weighing his options.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

King Kong

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 23, 2016, 04:19:32 pm
I don't know how correct this is, but I read that Patton was wanting to enroll early and the SEC has higher standards (requires more college hours/credits?) than do other conferences.
According to the article that I read it sounded as if he "might" not be able to enroll early at an SEC school and was weighing his options.

The SEC requires a math course that the Big 12 does not. If he is visiting USC I doubt grades are the issue.

But hey I could be wrong

trashcan maN

He's visiting USC in case he cannot get accepted to an SEC school due to more stringent transfer requirements.

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Rockhawg

OK'd by CBB, taking a trip with his family is the story from RD the recruiting Guy. Solid to the Hogs.

razorbackfan4life

Judging by his film he would step in immediately next year.  That's got to be encouraging for him.  Hopefully he stays all hog. 

jackflash

him needing to take more course to be hog. Don't like the sound of that

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jackflash on November 25, 2016, 10:13:59 am
him needing to take more course to be hog. Don't like the sound of that

Par for the course, though, when we pursue JUCO's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Pig in the Pokey

want Patton bad, but, we are loaded at TE.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

greenie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 25, 2016, 02:39:54 pm

Agreed.  At this point, give me a LB, DB, DL, or OL.  Any of those.

fullfan

I do not see another TE on the commit list.   If we start hearing of another TE offer or sudden interest then we may know something on Patton.

lumphog

Well , after this Mizzou BS , he's GONE!!!!

HardingHog

We have a lot of TEs, but not a lot of experience

ricepig

Quote from: lumphog on November 25, 2016, 05:07:07 pm

Why, should seem like early playing time. If there is any truth to his class situation, that he may choose to go elsewhere. I haven't read anywhere else that it's a foregone conclusion on the class.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: ricepig on November 25, 2016, 08:02:42 pm
Why, should seem like early playing time. If there is any truth to his class situation, that he may choose to go elsewhere. I haven't read anywhere else that it's a foregone conclusion on the class.
In the last two games we seemed to be playing our younger TE's more, so he may not see the immediate playing time. I hope we get him, but this visit worries me, especially if he really can't enroll early.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Richard Davenport

Quote from: lumphog on November 25, 2016, 05:07:07 pm

His Twitter says otherwise. If I had a dollar for every time Arkansas lost and a fans started saying some commitments will bail I would be one rich dude.

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 28, 2016, 02:21:29 pm
His Twitter says otherwise. If I had a dollar for every time Arkansas lost and a fans started saying some commitments will bail I would be one rich dude.

You aren't??

Richard Davenport

If Patton does what's asked of him he'll be in the league in two years. It's way too early to say that about Arkansas' other TEs. Cantrell is the only one that saw a lot of playing time.

Richard Davenport

ricepig

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 28, 2016, 02:24:27 pm
If Patton does what's asked of him he'll be in the league in two years. It's way too early to say that about Arkansas' other TEs. Cantrell is the only one that saw a lot of playing time.

So, it's confirmed he won't be a mid-term enrollee?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

outlawhogeywells

This is why I hate the holier than thou rule that the SEC has on JUCO transfers.  Does not hurt a team like Bama as much since they get the cream of the crop in recruits and if one can't get in because of the rule they just go next.  But a program like Arkansas has a guy that could really help and he can't get into school. 
Didn't we loose a recruit last year to Cal because of this rule?  a lineman I think

ricepig

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 29, 2016, 08:55:36 am
This is why I hate the holier than thou rule that the SEC has on JUCO transfers.  Does not hurt a team like Bama as much since they get the cream of the crop in recruits and if one can't get in because of the rule they just go next.  But a program like Arkansas has a guy that could really help and he can't get into school. 
Didn't we loose a recruit last year to Cal because of this rule?  a lineman I think

Yeah, but seriously, isn't it College Algebra?? Half of our high school takes the AP course in the 11th grade if they aren't taking Calculus.

lumphog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on November 28, 2016, 02:21:29 pm
Well, you nailed it RD.......that was a PISSED POST..... Hope we get him

RazorPiggie

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on November 29, 2016, 08:55:36 am

Yep. Lost him to Cal. CAL Berkeley one of the top academic universities in the country.

Bacon_Bitz

Are there any reports of how the USC visit went?

Did his twitter used to say U of A commit? Bc it don't now

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 29, 2016, 10:39:52 am
Are there any reports of how the USC visit went?

Did his twitter used to say U of A commit? Bc it don't now

Not sure but he still has his commitment tweet pinned at the top.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 29, 2016, 11:03:08 am
Not sure but he still has his commitment tweet pinned at the top.

Yeah I don't see any pinned tweet either. Nbd though it's just twitter

Hogdomer

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 29, 2016, 11:09:58 am
Yeah I don't see any pinned tweet either. Nbd though it's just twitter

His commitment tweet is still pinned.

ricepig

Bacon_Bitz

Didn't load on my phone browser. I see it on my comp. we will be running more two TE sets than ever next year with Patton. Will be able to split him out wide coming out of the huddle, get a real mismatch on the outside.