Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big recruits targeted?

Started by Trystran, November 19, 2016, 01:10:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Trystran

November 19, 2016, 01:10:32 am Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:54:19 am by Trystran
I usually do a pretty good job at keeping up with recruiting, but I have fell off this year some with life being busier. I was just curious what recruits we are still after that a) people are excited about and b) we actually have a chance at? I know people get defensive and butt-hurt about rankings, but we sure could use some upgraded raw tangibles to build on compared to what we have seen this year.

Bubba's Bruisers

I think the biggest names are DE Johnston and CB Calloway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Oklahawg

Still chasing Woods (S from AL, committed to Michigan), Filiala (OT from TX, uncommitted), two JUCO DL who are well thought of (can't recall the names right now), and Hayes (OT from MS JUCO).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

fullfan

Dalton Wagner can look Skipper eye to eye.   That's a Big recruit! :razorback:

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 19, 2016, 06:14:31 pm
Still chasing Woods (S from AL, committed to Michigan), Filiala (OT from TX, uncommitted), two JUCO DL who are well thought of (can't recall the names right now), and Hayes (OT from MS JUCO).

Clemmons a DE, probably a aTm lean, and Edwards is the guy, currently committed to Florida.

Trystran

Thank you all for the responses. It will at least give me some names to watch for and dig through. The only one I was aware of to any extent was Calloway.

Huds_HawgTide

Calloway,Thomas,Johnston, Clemons, and nances teammate star we from juco
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Oklahawg

Experts seem to think Jaidon Cole (ATH/S from LA) is a steal likely to commit to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 19, 2016, 06:14:31 pm

It's being reported elsewhere, that Woods is announcing Dec 2nd between Michigan, Arkansas, and Miss St.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2016, 04:48:05 pm
It's being reported elsewhere, that Woods is announcing Dec 2nd between Michigan, Arkansas, and Miss St.

A glimmer of hope! Two ready-to-go safeties in one class, a salve for our bruised defense. Might be three - I am a big Korey Hernandez fan.

jackflash

I can see one more Offense lineman and the rest being defensive players