Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Treylon Burks

Started by Trey1981, August 03, 2016, 12:26:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trey1981

Just saw where 247 released their way too early Top 247 for 2019 and Treylon Burks is listed at #32 overall.

Should be an interesting recruitment to follow over the next two years.  Happy to see that the Hogs are out in front of this one with an offer.

Link - http://247sports.com/Article/Football-recruiting-The-Top100-for-2019-46563711

greenie

Brian Williams, who I believe is RWIII's brother, is #3 on the list.  247 currently has a rating of 96 for him.
That is also very interesting to me.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brian-Williams-91902

Trey1981

Quote from: greenie on August 03, 2016, 12:49:00 pm
Brian Williams, who I believe is RWIII's brother, is #3 on the list.  247 currently has a rating of 96 for him.

Nice catch. I didn't realize that.  He doesn't show an offer from the Hogs but I've gotta think with a rating like that he has caught the coaching staff's attention.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: greenie on August 03, 2016, 12:49:00 pm

I noticed that we not on his list

ARtillahog

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on August 03, 2016, 01:02:45 pm
I noticed that we not on his list

He has visited and I believe is high on the Hogs.

greenie

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 03, 2016, 12:58:30 pm
Nice catch. I didn't realize that.  He doesn't show an offer from the Hogs but I've gotta think with a rating like that he has caught the coaching staff's attention.

Hogs have already started building a relationship.  Don't worry, they'll get after him hard when the time is right.  As we all know, he comes from a 5* family, and that family appears to love the discipline that permeates CBB's program.

Back to Treylon Burks...I love seeing an Arkansas kid on the list, and am amazed at the talent that comes out of a town the size of Warren. 

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: greenie on August 03, 2016, 02:23:03 pm
Hogs have already started building a relationship.  Don't worry, they'll get after him hard when the time is right.  As we all know, he comes from a 5* family, and that family appears to love the discipline that permeates CBB's program.

Back to Treylon Burks...I love seeing an Arkansas kid on the list, and am amazed at the talent that comes out of a town the size of Warren.
Agree, it is amazing to see. We think Burks will be a Hog?

hawgmasta

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on August 03, 2016, 02:54:27 pm

I assume 90% of all kids in Arkansas with a hog offer will be one. That's a pretty high probability; and its  90% accurate.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on August 03, 2016, 02:54:27 pm
I hope he is. The folks I talk to in Warren say he's the real deal.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

AirWarren

I saw Burks for the first time at a game. Kid is a legit 6'2 and fast. If you have a chance look him up on HUDL.  He is a hybrid of Bret smith and Greg childs but bigger. His parents, both superb athletes at Warren. I feel like, as a hog and warren fan, he is a solid chance of wearing hog red. He is also a class act citizen too. Good grades.

MissippHog

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 03, 2016, 12:58:30 pm
I would be shocked if our coaches weren't aware of him.  I mean, they've been in their home, the Williams family has been to the Hill, etc.

tophawg19

He knows our staff well
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

#1 STUNNA

Burks will be the best overall athlete to come from Warren since kemp and wright. He excels in every sport he plays!!

The_Boot_stops_here

Hopefully we can hang onto Enos and attract guys like this. It's obvious the influence he's had on the offense in making it much more attractive to WR's

#1 STUNNA

must get for Class of 2019... He is light years ahead of most as a sophomore... had 5 catches for 125 yds and 2 tds last night.

31to6

Looks like a great prospect.

Whatever Warren puts in the water... they need to bottle up and ship it to the rest of the state.

Amazing the athletes that come out of that place.

HardingHog

Hope he's a Hog one day! Keep the board updated on his stats this season if you can, Stunna

AirWarren

No question after seeing this kid again Tuesday night. D1 material.

yraciv

Quote from: AP85 on September 01, 2016, 08:59:01 am
No question after seeing this kid again Tuesday night. D1 material.

No question SEC material.

AirWarren

Burks had two touchdown catches, a sack, and multiple tackles tonight.

With a club cast on his right hand.

#1 STUNNA

might be the best receiver in the state as a sophomore right now...

ricepig

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on September 17, 2016, 07:33:12 am
might be the best receiver in the state as a sophomore right now...

Might, might not...he's earned an offer as a sophomore, so that speaks a lot.

trashcan maN

Quote from: ricepig on September 17, 2016, 07:52:36 am
Might, might not...he's earned an offer as a sophomore, so that speaks a lot.
If someone says 'might', it's implied that they might not.

jgphillips3

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 17, 2016, 08:56:02 am
If someone says 'might', it's implied that they might not.

Sure, because there "might" be a junior or senior for whom an argument could be made regarding technique and such.  Talent wise, take the "might" away and make it an "is".

LRrazorback

Koilan Jackson says not so fast my friend. 

hhicNaychaBoi

Johnathan Lewis Adams from Jonesboro says hi

#1 STUNNA

Those guys are all nice... but we are talking abt a top level talent in the nation player. There is a reason he is considered a borderline 5* player. I personally think he will end up being the best to come out of Warren!

BigSexyHog

He is a must get.  Also keep your eye out on #53 on the list.  Long shot at the moment but you never know
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

tophawg19

we have got to get a stronger presence in Georgia and Tennessee, especially Memphis
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

AirWarren

Treylon had 3 catches for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns last week against Dumas.

jj202020

Hogs need to step up recruiting.  Other schools are stepping up a great deal, but not hearing much from Hogs.........

navyhog24

Quote from: jj202020 on October 14, 2016, 08:18:15 am
Hogs need to step up recruiting.  Other schools are stepping up a great deal, but not hearing much from Hogs.........

Step away from the ledge

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: jj202020 on October 14, 2016, 08:18:15 am

What exactly are the other schools doing in "stepping up"?  I believe in the Freshman/Sophomore year they are only allowed the following recruiting materials: Questionnaires, camp brochures, nonathletic institutional publications, and NCAA Educational Material published by the NCAA only.

https://www.monsterpreps.com/resources/sophomore-ncaa-recruiting-rules.htm

AirWarren

9 catches 181 yards. 2 touchdowns last night.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 18, 2016, 03:48:14 pm
we have got to get a stronger presence in Georgia and Tennessee, especially Memphis

Surprisingly Memphis just doesn't produce that much talent . Ton of bball talent but not that much Football. Nashville as most of Tennessees talent 

LA Football fan

Treylon will be the #1 recruit in Arkansas his senior year barring injury.  He is the type difference maker at wr that can take over games no matter the competition level.  He is ALWAYS open, even if covered, due to his athletic ability.  Can jump with the best of them and with his height, will already have an advantage over a db.  Has the distinct possibility of being rated a 5 star player at his position.  Will be coveted and recruited hard by every elite program in the country.  His physical tools as a sophomore are unreal as a wr.   He doesn't mind blocking as a wr.  He is the complete package, size, speed, hands, etc.  He could play at the D1 SEC level right now.  Would not be as good as he will be after his senior year but he is talented enough to get on the field and make plays.  He is a legit 6'3" or taller and could still grow some.   A special player that does not come along often in Arkansas.

Jim Harris

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 18, 2016, 03:48:14 pm

Tennessee doesn't even recruit many players out of Tennessee.

Georgia/Florida are still areas that need recruiting focus, but Arkansas needs to be getting something, anything out of spending all this time in the DFW Metroplex every season. There are enough players in that area who want to play in the SEC and don't want to go or can't go to A&M. Baylor dressed some mighty fine looking athletes the other day vs. Texas, it's no accident they were undefeated until Saturday with all the off-the-field problems they've endured. Ole Miss and Alabama are going into Texas successfully year after year for as many or more players than Arkansas has been getting.
If you can land a Patrick Willis from the western third of Tennessee, it's worth it but there are not the numbers to devote as much time there or anywhere in Tennessee as you would get in Louisana, Texas and picking off a handful in Florida and Georgia. You can also still find a Trey Flowers who goes unrecruited by Bama or Auburn in the state of Alabama, but you are not going to get a kid out of there if he has a choice of one or the other. Danny Ford, among any Arkansas coach since joining the SEC, did the best job of getting some northern Louisiana players along the I-20 corridor (and even a few good Mississippi ones), and it would be nice if Arkansas could reestablish that nearby territory, although Saban is unfortunately hitting that area hard too now. Saban doesn't seem to leave many leftovers. However, TCU and Louisiana Tech have gotten a few guys from there that could start for Arkansas and bring the added dimension of speed that is so sorely missing.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Richard Davenport

Quote from: AP85 on October 29, 2016, 10:09:06 pm
9 catches 181 yards. 2 touchdowns last night.

He also had 12 tackles and 3 sacks at LB.

AirWarren

Quote from: Richard Davenport on October 31, 2016, 07:34:33 pm
He also had 12 tackles and 3 sacks at LB.

Thanks for that. In in the bigger games he as has played significant defense time.

jj202020

Getting interest from Ohio St, Notre Dame and Texas A&M now.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: jj202020 on November 08, 2016, 08:10:50 am
Getting interest from Ohio St, Notre Dame and Texas A&M now.

he will have offers from all when all said and done

jj202020

Visit to the Hill went very well this past weekend.  Things are looking up for the Hogs!

colbs

Quote from: jj202020 on November 18, 2016, 11:25:00 am
Visit to the Hill went very well this past weekend.  Things are looking up for the Hogs!
Good to hear!