Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are we really this bad?

Started by fourpeat, September 09, 2017, 05:48:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTrough

We have good pass blockers, terrible run blockers. Receivers that aren't capable of getting open lets the defense commit more to the run. We're gonna waste a nice stable of RBs and a veteran QB.

Rhoads has done a nice job of implementing the 3-4 and we seem to be better for it. We were getting "out athleted" at the point of attack. However, we were cutting down on the big plays. The defense played well enough to win the game.

Unless something clicks with the offense, this season is a waste.
WPS

Youngsta71701

Are we really this bad? We were on Saturday.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Mo_Better_Hogs

As they say "you are what you are." I still can't believe what I saw on Saturday. The lack of spark on offense, from our running game, from Austin, I could never imagine.

I didn't think TCU looked that great either. But maybe their D did some things to us others won't. Just don't know.

HawgTrough

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on September 11, 2017, 02:26:52 pm
As they say "you are what you are." I still can't believe what I saw on Saturday. The lack of spark on offense, from our running game, from Austin, I could never imagine.

I didn't think TCU looked that great either. But maybe their D did some things to us others won't. Just don't know.

We looked slow against FAMU and slow against TCU. Does that mean that we're slow?
WPS

goneal

Quote from: Llanowan on September 09, 2017, 06:30:17 pm
I'm as upset as anyone with the performance today, but I'm not sure which game you were watching.  Our secondary was NOT poor - they were outstanding, especially considering Pulley was out.  There were a couple of times where guys got beat, but they played very well on the whole.

Kenny Hill was kept on a short leash and didn't affect us nearly as badly as he did last year. Had at least a couple of wide open receivers that he over threw. I might meet somewhere in the middle, but "outstanding" is one of the sillier descriptions I've heard.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

acey33

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 09, 2017, 06:27:33 pm
We will not win an SEC game this year. Write it down.

Been there Done that  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Pecos Hog

Quote from: jgphillips3 on September 11, 2017, 07:35:34 am
The defense is improved.  The offensive scheme is fine but the offense itself is a disaster.  We have one quality lineman, three quality backs and a quality QB...currently.  A couple of linemen might get there and a few receivers might get there.  However, if TCU can run on us like they did and throttle us at the point of attack, we will be lucky to beat anyone other than A&M in the SEC.  there is so much wrong with the offensive side of the ball, I can't see it getting fixed anytime soon.  Maybe by next year but I sure don't see it happening in season since it basically looks like our line play is barely improved over last year and the receivers are so bad TCU covered them with ease.

Yep.    With the right attitude and effort (and coaching) we might be able to raise our level of play a bit, but our overall level of talent is our largest adversity.    If a player has no speed, he sure isn't going to find that new gear in one week.   

yocdaddy

Our offense is way down.  Our defense way up.  Translation, we are going to be about the same when it is all said and done.  Our offensive line has been focusing on pass protection most of fall camp because we weren't good at it last year.  So, our run blocking is now suspect as well, especially with 8 men in the box.  That is compounded by inexperienced WR's who can't create separation and beat a defense with 8 in the box.

So, Dan Enos has his work cut out for him.  Our young WR's should improve enough to be a threat.  The biggest issue might be a lack of identity.  They say we are a power running team, but we aren't if we are working on pass protection all spring and fall.  We aren't a power running team if we throw a 5 yard out on the first play. 

I don't think our coaches are on the same page.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

gbaurnett

We are officially in the "pit of misery".....dilly dilly

goneal

Quote from: Llanowan on September 09, 2017, 06:30:17 pm
I'm as upset as anyone with the performance today, but I'm not sure which game you were watching.  Our secondary was NOT poor - they were outstanding, especially considering Pulley was out.  There were a couple of times where guys got beat, but they played very well on the whole.

Hmmm. Last week Fitz Hill was asked by Randy Rainwater what his biggest surprise was so far this season. His response? How poorly the secondary was playing.
To all the BA haters; just so you know, only HALF his helmet stickers are for participation. The other half is for throwing the ball into the stands.

Youngsta71701

Yep, in the famous words of Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are"
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: fourpeat on September 09, 2017, 05:48:09 pm
I am dumb-founded!

It is apparent that our team has a lot of shortcomings that we should not have after 5 years with Mr. Bielema in charge.  That leads me to ask why Mr. Bielema is still here...... (Oh, I know all about the $12 Million buy out)  So I guees that we sill just suffer through this until the end of his contract.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

AirWarren

I thinks it's QB play.

We don't have a leader. We have a tit.

Kevin

our o line is so bad, who knows if we have playmakers on offense. I think our wr's are getting better.  it is hard to pass when either you are running for your life, or cannot read the defense to see who is open. 

our rb's have no chance, their is always someone in the backfield immediately after the snap.

we are about to get beat by a combined score of 170-30 over the next 3 games. i don't think you get a team back after that. 3-9, here we come.

time to move on, get someone who runs a modern offense, and will put a mean, disciplined, never quit team on the field.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogwild

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 07, 2017, 09:19:40 pm
Yep, in the famous words of Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are"

0-5  against Power 5 schools

Missouri, Virginia Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, South Carolina

leroyhawg

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 09, 2017, 06:27:33 pm
We will not win an SEC game this year. Write it down.

Our O-line is not as bad as some on here believe, when you have a QB that is conditioned to fear for his life, the o-line can't keep him in bubble wrap, time for a fresh QB.....
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

GoHogs1091

It appears we are.

Poor head coaching and poor OL coaching.

The OL is a sieve.

The DL is subpar (except for Agim)

The Special Teams play is perhaps not even high school level.

Pigsknuckles

Yes Virginia, there is a Babadook.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Wild Bill Hog

One month after the original post it is quite apparent that we are indeed that bad.

Redhogs

Quote from: goneal on September 09, 2017, 06:25:28 pm
Yes we are. Just my thoughts. TCU is not a great team, although we made them appear to be better than they are. We have no special teams again! We have no experienced recievers. We've consistently lost key players to freak foot injuries. Secondary is (again) poor. Linebackers (again) are poor. O line is big, slow, timid and constantly over-matched.
I'm not sure about the backfield. They may be pretty good, but with the o line, they're likely to never reach their potential. Allen is adequate to good, but he doesn't have much of a chance with that line and reciever corps. On top of all this, how confidant can you be with this many true freshmen playing this much? To me this indicates how badly these guys have evaluated and recruited. It's year 6, and the program  has shown zero improvement, but indeed, is regressing. Amazingly, Long has gotten us into this rediculous buyout situation. He and Beilema are entirely too comfortable to be at this level of performance. I'm totally at a loss as to what can be done at this point. I do know that the LR Touchdown Club needs to absolutely roast Jeff Long's ass on Monday. He needs to made very very uncomfortable.
Pretty much..great summation.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Redhogs

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 09, 2017, 09:30:03 pm
No, this team isn't bad. Our fans OTOH are darn...
Yea...love watching those fans down on the field...you idiot. Just love to watch Bert's well oiled machine compete.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?