Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wally

Started by (notOM)Rebel123, November 05, 2017, 05:45:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

(notOM)Rebel123

From today's column....

"Perhaps the biggest concern should be the leadership at the UA, and that means at the top. Who allowed a program that was in the Sugar Bowl after the 2010 season to slip to the point it has to charge back to slip by a visiting team that hasn't won a Sun Belt game?"

Way to catch on, Wally.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jgphillips3

At this point everyone but Long (and he isn't saying) knows the Bielema experiment is over.  It's time to put the heat and focus squarely on Long so that he makes the right call for our program after the Mizzou game. 

kodiakisland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 05, 2017, 05:48:40 am
At this point everyone but Long (and he isn’t saying) knows the Bielema experiment is over.  It’s time to put the heat and focus squarely on Long so that he makes the right call for our program after the Mizzou game. 

How do you know Long doesn't know it's over?  How do you know Long isn't talking to prospective new coaches every day?  How do you know Long doesn't have a plan in motion to hire someone soon after the end of the season?  My guess is he is doing what an AD should be and getting his ducks in a row so we don't end up with a situation like LSU.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

harrisburghog

How do we know Jeff Long doesn't know? Because it's Jeff Long.

parallaxpig

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 05:56:27 am
How do you know Long doesn't know it's over?  How do you know Long isn't talking to prospective new coaches every day?  How do you know Long doesn't have a plan in motion to hire someone soon after the end of the season?  My guess is he is doing what an AD should be and getting his ducks in a row so we don't end up with a situation like LSU.

Lets hope so..............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

atom hog

Quote from: harrisburghog on November 05, 2017, 06:05:25 am
Uh, let's see... (in no particular order)
1. John Pelphrey.
2. John L. Smith.
3. Bert Bielima.
4. Jimmy Dykes.
5. Bob Petrino.

You can choose either how he hired or fired them. Not stellar performances by any stretching the imagination..

jst01

Quote from: atom hog on November 05, 2017, 06:13:47 am
1. John Pelphrey.
2. John L. Smith.
3. Bert Bielima.
4. Jimmy Dykes.
5. Bob Petrino.

You can choose either how he hired or fired them. Not stellar performances by any stretching the imagination..

To be fair, all but Dykes and Smith were thought to be good hires at the time. Can't see the future, but Long's legacy here will be determined in less than 30 days

jgphillips3

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 05:56:27 am

Well, that's the problem.  We don't know and, as I noted, he isn't saying.  If, and I think we all hope you are right, he is making contacts and getting ready to make a change that's what he should be doing.  However, we don't know anything and can only go on past statements, past behaviors and what little we do hear which seems to be that he would like to keep CBB if he could find a way to do it.  Hopefully, he has seen enough by now.  Hopefully.  However, until we know that for sure, the torches and pitchforks need to muster outside of his manor so he is firmly aware that he either stands with us and does what's right to restore our program or that he can be next.  Personally, I think he is too smart not to see the handwriting on the wall and be doing exactly what you say. However, I guess we'll see in three weeks.

atom hog

Only by the search firms...take another look at the coverage outside Bo and Wally from those days

HardCore

1. John Pelphrey.
2. John L. Smith.
3. Bert Bielima.
4. Jimmy Dykes.
5. Bob Petrino.

That's pretty telling.  Long MUST go.  If he is so highly touted as the Longlovers seem to indicate, he should have a new job in a day or two.

If the BOT renews his contract, it may be the worst decision since the Iran-Nuclear deal.  I just hope Asa is watching all of this and realizes the importance of those nominations and the repercussions of not vetting it out carefully.  There is more to life than just solving Trigonometric Substitutions and Laplace Transformations.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Athog

That tells all one needs to know. Why there are leaders and then well .....this!

atom hog

1. John Pelphrey.
2. John L. Smith.
3. Bert Bielima.
4. Jimmy Dykes.
5. Bob Petrino.

I forgot to list Jeff's finest hire -- the lovely Jessica Dorrell. My bad.

jackflash

here a question you can answer how do any of us know jeff Long is talking to anyone

Hoggie17

Long is as much of the problem as CBB.  I would like an AD that wants to field a product that is on the equal with the rest of the SEC. 

hog911

It's time to cut ties with Mr Integrity!

jst01

Quote from: jackflash on November 05, 2017, 06:33:12 am
here a question you can answer how do any of us know jeff Long is talking to anyone

Nobody does. We have to hope he is bc the thought of seeing BB another year doing trrrible press conferences makes most of us ill

parallaxpig

This is from the Coaches Hot seat website about Jeff Long.

http://coacheshotseat.com/

Who knows and there's the problem with Arkansas Football today and it's our opinion that there are people working for the University of Arkansas right now that...

Burn Down the Entire State of Arkansas just to avoid having to admit they are WRONG!

Yes...there are Pompous Arrogant Asses and then there are folks like Arkansas AD Jeff Long who in our opinion believes that he spun up the Universe and everyone should get down on their knees and kiss his...

NEVER worked a day in his life in the Real World Precious Ass!

Most...no make that EVERY...company in America if you have hired...

Bobby Petrino – Damn Disaster
John L. Smith – Damn Disaster
Bret Bielema – Damn Disaster

...you are ass would have been fired long ago but then Jeff Long works for the University of Arkansas where...

We Are A Total Damn Disaster and Proud Of It!
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

sigpooie

Long gone to om and takes blimpena with him. I can dream can't i?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

GolfNut57

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 05, 2017, 05:45:15 am
From today's column....

"Perhaps the biggest concern should be the leadership at the UA, and that means at the top. Who allowed a program that was in the Sugar Bowl after the 2010 season to slip to the point it has to charge back to slip by a visiting team that hasn't won a Sun Belt game?"

Way to catch on, Wally.

Wally of the prediction that it was going to be a 63-10 final score Wally? hahaha
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

cypert2

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 05, 2017, 06:38:35 am
Wally of the prediction that it was going to be a 63-10 final score Wally? hahaha
I'm sure you predicted we'd win by one point.
Swinging on the two and the four.

GuvHog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on November 05, 2017, 06:38:35 am

That SHOULD have been the final score. There is no excuse for a team that hasn't won a Sunbelt football game getting within 1 point of the Razorbacks.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

RexMentor

Once again, Wally is being used to send a message by people who, if they had any influence, wouldn't need to send a message through Wally. Long is indeed stubborn, so he's going to have to be gently led to the decision that needs to be made and needs to be convinced it was his idea. We probably won't win another game. That should be enough to make the decision obvious, if it weren't all ready obvious. I think CBB is gone. The only question remaining is this: Does Long pull the trigger or does CBB? Long may be giving CBB enough rope to hang himself.

GuvHog

Quote from: RexMentor on November 05, 2017, 06:56:31 am
Once again, Wally is being used to send a message by people who, if they had any influence, wouldn't need to send a message through Wally. Long is indeed stubborn, so he's going to have to be gently led to the decision that needs to be made and needs to be convinced it was his idea. We probably won't win another game. That should be enough to make the decision obvious, if it weren't all ready obvious. I think CBB is gone. The only question remaining is this: Does Long pull the trigger or does CBB? Long may be giving CBB enough rope to hang himself.

I believe the BOT will pull the trigger on both Long and CBB.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Teddyhawgeddy

And. of course, his worst and longest lasting Bad Decision
Switching from Coke to Pepsi.

Grunt

Quote from: hog911 on November 05, 2017, 06:34:36 am
It’s time to cut ties with Mr Integrity!
I was done with him when his hypocrite self-righteous ass fired Petrino. Long doesn't care about winning and doesn't understand why we do. He's completely out of touch with the culture of Arkansas football.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 07:11:50 am

I would hope the BOT would convene an emergency meeting this afternoon involving the Chancellor and tomorrow morning at a 9:00 A.M. presser announce the dawning of a new day in Arkansas sports in general and football in particular. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

ricepig

Quote from: Teddyhawgeddy on November 05, 2017, 07:15:06 am
And. of course, his worst and longest lasting Bad Decision
Switching from Coke to Pepsi.

And making this Daylight Savings Time, I wish he would just leave it alone, just one universal time!!

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 07:11:50 am

Don't hold your breath.....

ricepig

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 05, 2017, 07:21:51 am
I would hope the BOT would convene an emergency meeting this afternoon involving the Chancellor and tomorrow morning at a 9:00 A.M. presser announce the dawning of a new day in Arkansas sports in general and football in particular. 

They meet in LR  on Tuesday and Wednesday, stop by and suggest that to them.

jst01

Rice, you've kinda become a sarcastic jerk and very combative. Not much substance, just arrogant quips and sarcasm.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:28:30 am

Maybe you could arrange for them to block out 5 minutes of their meeting time for me to voice my concerns? 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:28:30 am

I'm sure he could get on the agenda.😀

I'd bet the BOT is aware of the situation.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: jst01 on November 05, 2017, 07:31:06 am
Rice, you've kinda become a sarcastic jerk and very combative. Not much substance, just arrogant quips and sarcasm.

Yep

TexArkHogFan

Surely someone had to notice all those empty seats and when the camera focused on the crowd the look on their faces
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

RexMentor

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 05, 2017, 07:21:51 am

The BOT doesn't want to touch this situation in any public way. They hired Jeff Long to run the Athletic Department and anything that looks to undermine him is damaging. So, don't hold your breath waiting for the BOT. Meanwhile, fans and donors are sending a message, one that JL can't ignore. It's best for UA if CBB leaves on his own.

RexMentor

I also believe Long is sending messages:
1. I am not Frank Broyles and I won't meddle.
2. I don't make knee-jerk reactions.
3. It has to be obvious that coaches are given a fair chance to perform well at Arkansas.

All of which helps if you need to make a change.

DeltaBoy

The pattern is now complete, Bo and Wally are speaking out , this mess will be over by Christmas!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

grayhawg

Quote from: RexMentor on November 05, 2017, 07:40:32 am
I also believe Long is sending messages:
1. I am not Frank Broyles and I won't meddle.
2. I don't make knee-jerk reactions.
3. It has to be obvious that coaches are given a fair chance to perform well at Arkansas.

All of which helps if you need to make a change.
Do you believe 5 years is a knee jerk reaction?

ricepig

Quote from: jst01 on November 05, 2017, 07:31:06 am

Lol, I'm just providing him with the time and place of the next BOT meeting, seems he would like to know that, haha. My point is this, bitching and crying on HV will get you nothing, but an increase in your post count, try calling/talking to someone who makes those decisions, that's all.

RexMentor

No I do not. But CBB has been feeling the heat for two seasons. A lot of people wanted him fired after last year. A knee jerk reaction would be an in-season firing.

HogInThaGrove

1. John Pelphrey.
2. John L. Smith.
3. Bert Bielima.
4. Jimmy Dykes.
5. Bob Petrino.

You also forgot:

Mike Larabee - Softball
Robert Pulliza - Volleyball

Both abject disasters.

sigpooie

Jezzz anyone who gives long any credit on the good side, is in lala land.  Look at our records in all sports and we have goNE down hill from his start. Our football program is ranked 10 to 20 spots lower than asu  this year. That alone shows that long does not need the keys to this dept. Would someone please change the locks tonight?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

pigzcanfly

Somebody on here hopes Asa is watching? Like Asa Hutchinson? I'm sure he's got enough going on bailing his grown ass 40 plus year old son out of trouble. Fire Asa Huthinson!

ricepig

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 05, 2017, 07:31:43 am
Maybe you could arrange for them to block out 5 minutes of their meeting time for me to voice my concerns? 

Here's the agenda;

https://www.uasys.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/16/2017/11/2017-Nov-8-9-Board-Agenda.pdf

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:46:03 am
Lol, I'm just providing him with the time and place of the next BOT meeting, seems he would like to know that, haha. My point is this, bitching and crying on HV will get you nothing, but an increase in your post count, try calling/talking to someone who makes those decisions, that's all.

During the dark days of the hootie era I did just that.  I called, texted, emailed and snail-mailed everyone on the BOT including the Chancellor and President.  Numerous times.  Some, whose names would be recognized here, responded with return alls and mail.  They were polite but, as you'd expect, non-committal. 

At that time I told everybody that would listen I was through with all things Razorback (football).  No more season tickets, no Razorback Foundation donations, no travel or overnight stays, no memorabilia....nothing.  Until JFB was retired and hootie gone. 

I started my one person protest again last week. 

DeltaBoy

Break out the Brooms
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jgphillips3

Yesterday was an embarrassment not seen since the Danny Ford era.  I will guarantee that people with influence will be speaking their mind and making their thoughts known.  If, as can be reasonably expected, we get whipped two weeks in a row, I suspect Long won't have much choice come Thanksgiving...if he even still has any doubts himself at this point.

ricepig

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on November 05, 2017, 07:54:56 am
During the dark days of the hootie era I did just that.  I called, texted, emailed and snail-mailed everyone on the BOT including the Chancellor and President.  Numerous times.  Some, whose names would be recognized here, responded with return alls and mail.  They were polite but, as you'd expect, non-committal. 

At that time I told everybody that would listen I was through with all things Razorback (football).  No more season tickets, no Razorback Foundation donations, no travel or overnight stays, no memorabilia....nothing.  Until JFB was retired and hootie gone. 

I started my one person protest again last week. 

That's your prerogative, and goes further than posting on here, for sure.

ballz2thewall

my favorite line from wally this morning......
The rest of the frog.

code red

Quote from: GuvHog on November 05, 2017, 06:51:31 am
That SHOULD have been the final score. There is no excuse for a team that hasn't won a Sunbelt football game getting within 1 point of the Razorbacks.
It was hot-tub week.  The boys deserved a light week after beating an SEC team with an interim coach.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou