Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Style Council

Started by jbcarol, May 25, 2016, 07:45:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Salty spork

Weird choice. First because he never went to college and its weird to profit off a game you spurned. But also because he said if he had gone it would have been Duke or UNC.

https://www.basketballnetwork.net/old-school/kobe-reveals-where-he-would-have-played-if-he-went-to-college

jbcarol

Air Force to honor mission with uniforms

QuoteAir Force travels to rival Navy this season, the Falcons will be decked out in some epic threads.

Air Force revealed in a video that it will be honoring the Doolittle Raid mission with these incredible uniforms for the Oct. 21 contest.

Air Force to honor Doolittle Raiders with Air Power Legacy Series in 2023
8/15/2023

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Josh Heupel finally explains benefit of wearing 'Dark Mode' uniforms
Andrew Peters | 1 MINUTE AGO

QuoteTennessee's "Dark Mode" uniforms, which feature all black jerseys and pants along with black helmets, have been fan favorites for the past few seasons, and the Vols will be breaking them out again this week against South Carolina.

While the uniforms certainly give the Vols a little more swagger on the field, they have some underlying benefits:

"Our guys love it, first of all we love wearing the orange and white, but to be able to twist it up a little bit, let these guys have some fun with it, they do enjoy it. Again, it's a part of recruiting too for us."

--Josh Heupel

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Army unveils Dogface Soldiers uniform ahead of Navy game
Andrew Peters |

QuoteArmy will honor the legacy of the Dogface Soldiers with its uniforms, which feature an all-tan look, that are inspired by the 3rd Infantry Division.

Navy will also be rocking some special uniforms for the game, honoring the U.S. Submarine Force

jbcarol

FSU wears new shirts honoring Jordan Travis for ACC title game

Wade Peery

QuoteSeminoles suffered one of the biggest losses of the 2023 season a few weeks ago, when their star quarterback, Jordan Travis, suffered a gruesome season-ending leg injury.

jbcarol

Jayden Daniels and his clothier

Lawrence Specker

QuoteThe sharp suit Daniels wore to the Saturday night ceremony was the work of Pearce Bespoke, a company founded in Baton Rouge by Nathan Pearce, who's originally from Alabaster. The stylish three-piece was a mix of classic elements with a little hidden flash: According to www.lsureveille.com, the lining of the coat was patterned with an image of Daniels "hitting the Heisman pose against Florida." (Daniels showed off the liner in a photo shared on Twitter by LSU Football.)

jbcarol

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247
Whoever designed those Kentucky shorts should be imprisoned.
8:42 PM · Feb 6, 2024
·

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Should the Tide finally ditch the Script A for this classic?

By Ben Flanagan |

QuoteWhat is the definitive Alabama logo? We're talking sports, obviously. Since 2004, the Script A, which bares a near-identical resemblance to the distinctive Atlanta Braves logo (sans the little curly hat on top), has become synonymous with the Alabama brand, both in athletics and academics. It's safe yet perhaps a little bland.

Vault A is one of the greatest sports logos of all time. Why they bothered to change it up in the late 1990s, as Mike DuBose ushered in a new era, I'll never know. Would you offer alternatives to the New York Yankees logo? The Green Bay Packers? The Detroit Red Wings?

Let' not overthink it: That crimson block A with the elephant bursting through it is logo perfection, and somebody in the men's basketball program knows it. "I do like the old 'A,'" head basketball coach Nate Oats said during a press conference while commenting on the team's alternate uniforms that featured the classic logo on the shorts.

One thing is certain: Few fans like the angry elephant logo (but those who do really love it). Ushered in circa 2000, it marked a transition for the Tide, with DuBose in his fourth season leading Bama.

Where fans are more split is the battle between the Script A and the Vault A. One is plain, simple, and globally recognized, representing the University of Alabama as a whole as well as the entirety of the Saban era, arguably the greatest run in college football.

The Vault A, on the other hand, is classic Crimson Tide. The elephant bursting through the block crimson letter stands apart from the other pretenders. That's why you've seen the logo creep back into the Bama zeitgeist on various apparel like gameday polos or the aforementioned special basketball uniforms. Plus, it has the nostalgia factor --

jbcarol

Auburn sports logo: Which is the best?

By Ben Flanagan |

Interlocking AU (1966-present)

Tiger Eyes (2004-present)

Leaping Tiger (1983-1997

Eagle A (1975-1997)

Sailor Aubie (1945-1983)

jbcarol

jbcarol

Texas shows off new SEC patches on football uniforms

by:
Thomas Goldkamp

QuoteTexas football program is getting ready for its first season in the SEC and a significant chunk of the equation is simply looking the part. The Longhorns will do just that.

In fact, the alterations to jerseys are already being made in Austin.

On Wednesday afternoon, Nick Harris, who covers the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL Draft for DallasCowboys.com, posted a picture of the new Texas football uniforms, which now include an SEC patch on the breastplate.

jbcarol

Could Auburn finally be leaving Under Armour :hmmm: 

AD John Cohen gives an update

By Matt Cohen

QuoteAuburn may be nearing a final decision on its next apparel deal, Athletic Director John Cohen suggested on a Tuesday appearance on Next Round Live.

"We feel like we're in a very, very positive place right now," Cohen said on the show broadcast live from Auburn's campus Tuesday. "I think our fanbase, everyone connected with Auburn is going to be very pleased with where we are. Just not ready to release because not all the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed."

Cohen kept his statements vague and did not share details on who he had negotiated with. Auburn has been in deals with Under Armour as its apparel provider since 2006. It signed an extension with Under Armour in 2015.

But with Under Armour in significant financial trouble, it has been suggested Auburn could be on its way out and Nike appears the new suitor. As of Sept. 1, 2023, Auburn was free to negotiate with other companies. Whichever company Auburn signs with, the new deal will begin after the current deal expires in June 2025.

Auburn signed a nine-year extension with Under Armour in 2015 worth just over $78 million that included stock in the company.

Yet the value of that stock has declined considerably.

jbcarol

Goodman: Travis Scott sends Alabama basketball players retro Tide gear

QuoteAlabama basketball is here in Arizona for the Final Four and the team had an open locker room for reporters before Friday's practice. Something caught my eye. It was the T-shirt worn by Alabama player Latrell Wrightsell, Jr. It looked like it was drawn by hand from the 1980s. Great shirt. Did Wrightsell find it in a thrift store in Tuscaloosa before he left for the Final Four? Did Latrell Sprewell wear the shirt in college?

The shirt wasn't an accident after all. It was product placement for famous rapper and fashion designer Travis Scott. As a middle-aged guy, I didn't know Scott even made clothes before this weekend. To my credit, I did know that Scott was an extremely talented individual from Texas who makes great songs and plays golf sometimes with Nick Saban.

jbcarol

Dawn Staley sports nice coat for National Championship Game vs. Iowa

by: Grant Grubbs

QuoteDawn Staley broke out her Sunday best. For the national championship game, the South Carolina head coach donned a $5,370 Louis Vuitton jacket, according to Front Office Sports.

The sporty silver zip-up boasts two front pockets and a stylish collar. Look good, coach good.

jbcarol

Ainslie: Auburn athletics officially announces new partnership with Nike

Here are details

QuoteBeginning in July of 2025, Auburn's athletic uniforms will have a new badge affixed to their chest as the school officially announced their partnership with Nike Tuesday morning.

𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁.
July 2025.

#WarEagle

Auburn's announcement put to bed months of speculation about whether the Tigers would be leaving Under Armour with the two parties' contract coming to a swift end of the 2024-25 academic year and as of Sept. 1, 2023, Auburn became free agents in the apparel market.

And with Tuesday's news, it seems Nike and its famous swoosh branding won over athletic director John Cohen.

"We are excited to enter this new partnership with Nike, a brand that consistently champions athletes and sport around the world," Cohen said in a release Tuesday morning. "We are appreciative of their strong support throughout this process."

Cohen revealed in his statement that Auburn would be entering into a 10-year agreement with Nike.

"We believe that our 10-year agreement, beginning in July 2025, will continue to elevate Auburn and best serve our student-athletes and our university moving forward," Cohen said.

"Those shoes you put on — they're not just a uniform. They're part of the anatomy," Cohen said. "We've gotten a lot of input from student-athletes, from fans, from our coaches and staff members, all the stakeholders of Auburn University. And we listened." 

News of the impending partnership marks the end of UA's 18-year arrangement with UA.

jbcarol

Pope wants Kentucky fans to vote on jerseys

by: Matt Connolly

Quote"I actually, if you ask me, think that we should put it in the hands of BBN and we should put the uniforms out there, the potential uniforms, and let you guys vote on them," Mark Pope said Monday night during his radio show. "I would dig that. That would be awesome."

Mark Pope was asked about bringing back the denim jerseys that his Wildcats team wore when he was a player in 1996.

The jerseys were later named the worst in sports history.

Pope didn't commit to bringing back the denim, but he does want fans to be able to voice their opinions when it comes to what Kentucky should wear in this new era of Wildcats basketball.

"The denim, you know, I don't know," Pope said. "I love the denim uniforms but I was not a huge fan of the denim Converse shoes. That was a little stretch for me."

jbcarol

'96 Converse denim uniforms need a comeback

We have the perfect game

by: Drew Franklin

QuoteThe early excitement behind the Mark Pope era of Kentucky Basketball is fueled by nostalgia. From recreating the bus entrance into Rupp Arena to the spotlight on the 1996 banner, all of the vintage t-shirts and memorabilia, the throwback videos on social media, and much more, the Big Blue Nation is enjoying the stroll down memory lane as Kentucky begins its future with a past player as head coach.

Looking toward that future, Kentucky should continue to play up its history and tradition with Pope, the captain of the 1996 national championship team. Fans can expect to see Pope's UK teammates around the program much more; some may even lend a hand behind the scenes when asked. And, yes, Rick Pitino will be back, too. A home-and-home with St. John's is in the works.

Another way to stay nostalgic is to wear throwback uniforms. Kentucky rarely mixed up its uniforms until the 1993 look was brought out of the closet in 2023 for its 30th anniversary and again in 2024. Pope's teams wore some of the most iconic threads in UK Basketball history, including my personal favorite, the Converse 1996 denim blues. Pope and the Untouchables won the '96 title in the home whites. Pope brought his #41 to his first Kentucky press conference:

...OK, according to several places on the internet, Kentucky first wore the denim uniforms on February 11, 1996, in a home game in Rupp Arena against... oh... Arkansas.

jbcarol

Sam Pittman describes his planned outfit for Kentucky Derby

by: Barkley Truax

Quote"They're going to say, 'Do you own one of the horses?' That's how good I'm going to look, Paul," Pittman told Finebaum. "But I know I'm going to have a linen suit on and try to look as good as old 62 (year old) me can look but yeah. And my wife, Jamie, man, she's, she showed me her outfit last night, actually. And she's gonna look great.

"It's just a lot of fun and certainly there to celebrate with the Hamby's (Dan and Scott, owners of Mystic Dan) and for all their horse has done. [The horse] has a really cool name, it is Mystic Dan. He's the number three horse named after their father. And so that's obviously the one I will be rooting for."

Arkansas RB Dominique Johnson enters NCAA transfer portal