Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 07:58:00 pm

Eric Bolin et al

Started by WalHog2018, November 04, 2017, 11:23:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WalHog2018

Anyone else notice that Eric Bolin deleted his Twitter. Guess that's what happens when you defend one man's failures too much. Can't take the heat.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

WalHog2018

Agreed. Absolutely amazing he gets published.

Medic821

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: WalHog2018 on November 04, 2017, 11:23:46 pm
Anyone else notice that Eric Bolin deleted his Twitter. Guess that's what happens when you defend one man's failures too much. Can't take the heat.

Deleted his Twitter?  That's extreme. 

GoHogs1091

It doesn't matter.

Twitter is a black hole of uneducated thought.

widespreadsooie

kodiakisland

I don't have twitter, so who is Eric Bolin and why do I care if he's gone off the grid?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jst01

harrisburghog

HardCore

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 06:44:20 am
department a new one and says that it is time to clean house.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/shame-on-arkansas-jeff-long-bret-bielema?utm_campaign=SF_SECCountryHogs&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Bielema is not the root problem here. Actually, this is only barely about him at all. The culture is the problem. Perhaps Bielema is a product of that culture. Any arguments stating as much, I won't dispute. Nor will I defend his 29-31 record in four-plus seasons.

Perfectly said in the article.  Bielema is just the by-product of the real issue.  The problem starts at the top.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

mlloyd4

The media now knows it has a free pass to bash BB or Long for any reason whatsoever.
Don't expect any type of substance, just a bunch of quick and dirty pieces on why they are bad.
The feeding frenzy is in full gear at this point.
WPS

twistitup

We are a joke - it's obvious to everyone but those who don't want to see it
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Pig Worshipper

His viewpoint is much needed and appreciated. Things have gone off the rails in the athletic department and sweeping change is needed.

HardCore

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on November 05, 2017, 07:01:52 am
His viewpoint is much needed and appreciated. Things have gone off the rails in the athletic department and sweeping change is needed.

MAJOR SWEEPING!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

NuttinItUp

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 05, 2017, 01:46:17 am
I don't have twitter, so who is Eric Bolin and why do I care if he's gone off the grid?

I never talked to him on Twitter, but his articles are always hilarious in their defense of the big man:
https://www.seccountry.com/author/ericbolin

Farmer Hogget

That was nothing more than what one might read in the National Enquirer.  It was a personal attack filled with rumors. 

HardCore

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 05, 2017, 07:26:38 am
That was nothing more than what one might read in the National Enquirer.  It was a personal attack filled with rumors. 

Rumor has it, we are barely defeating Sunbelt teams in the cellar.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on November 05, 2017, 07:26:38 am

Your defense of BB is comical and just pointless. The product on the field has shown his ability. Injuries be darned, there is no excuse to not be prepared and ready to play. The man is a terrible coach.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Dark Helmet Hog

May be the best thing Bolin has written, and he is still an idiot.

fakenews

The biggest problem is Arkansas media NEVER keeps the administration or coach's feet to the fire. When someone writes something negative in good times they are taken to task so no one ever does it. Almost no one anyway. So when things finally do go bad and all the suck ups have had enough the floodgates open, when the truth is if local media held them more accountable every single day Arkansas sports would not in this mess

code red

"Arkansas basketball may be good this year. Arkansas baseball certainly will be. Track and field and cross country are dominant. But Arkansas, like a lot of other places, is college football. And between the on-field product and the off-field conceit, it's time.  Time for Arkansas to start over."

Nailed it......if our AD is afraid to pull the trigger on CBB then adios. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ricepig

So, now Bolin knows something, last week when he said we could do worse than Bielema, he was an idiot, lol.....

Carl Lazlo

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 07:58:15 am
So, now Bolin knows something, last week when he said we could do worse than Bielema, he was an idiot, lol.....

Well he still is if that helps you figure things out.

Ironhawg

Look at the photo of Bielema with this article and look at the one from after the game yesterday.  Quite a change in the man in five years.

jst01

Haha, you and some mod are having an epic "merged thread battle"

DeltaBoy

Woo Pig 🐖 Bust out the Broom and Pine Tops!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgdavis

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 05, 2017, 08:16:35 am
Look at the photo of Bielema with this article and look at the one from after the game yesterday.  Quite a change in the man in five years.

You can tell he has mailed it in

Ironhawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 05, 2017, 08:17:46 am
You can tell he has mailed it in

I thought he looked really, really bad yesterday.  He looked completely exhausted.

Kevin

plus, he is angry. but angry at the media & fans. wrong place coach.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22