Started by EulessHog, October 16, 2017, 07:35:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 10:59:20 pm
Quit avoiding the question.

This quote -

Is not in the article....

Where is it from?

Probably just the OP's opinion.....he just didn't post it with a correct grammatical format.....apparently that's a big deal on Hogville now.....The article's right there, and all Bert is admitting to is sucking at his job by blaming the players, not himself OR his O-line coach for that matter......so......."That's all I have to say about that"
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:06:11 pm
So last week there was a thread bashing CBB for splitting reps between CK and TS.  He clearly states that CK took all the reps with the first team O.

CBB states that all positions and coaches need to do better.

The quote about regrets is not in today's presser.

Here it is....

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-kurt-anderson-offensive-line

;D ;D ;D ;D

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:07:23 pm
Probably just the OP's opinion.....he just didn't post it with a correct grammatical format.....apparently that's a big deal on Hogville now.....The article's right there, and all Bert is admitting to is sucking at his job by blaming the players, not himself OR his O-line coach for that matter......so......."That's all I have to say about that"

Putting quotations around a statement in a post that is quoting CBB is deliberately misleading if its not a part of the actual article.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

factchecker

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:07:23 pm

All the OP had to do to avoid this confusion is:

1. Cite the article he was referencing.
2. Don't mix quotes with opinions - it's a pretty big deal to misquote people.
3. Realize that this press conference has already been discussed.

Here is the link for the previous discussion:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=639648.0
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 10:57:02 pm
"I think, obviously, a coach is only going to be allowed to coach at a level of what his personnel is," Bielema said. "It gets frustrating, but I think there's some guys we recruited three or four years ago that just haven't developed into what we want them to be."

"The only regret I had was probably three years ago, four years ago, if I would have signed two more guys in each class," Bielema said. "Just because the numbers we had used didn't give us the depth we need now, especially when some guys early departed."

"If they were the best opportunity for us to be in there, they would be in there," Bielema said.

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-kurt-anderson-offensive-line

This is all in the article, read it yourself......this reporter is from SEC country, they are a large, respected SEC media outlet, and they reported a story that has yet to be retracted or challenged......it's because Bielema said it, and it's not news because guys like Leach say crap like that all of the time....he's not the first and he won't be the last, but he did say it......don't blame me if you can't believe your own eyes......
Yes, the fine journalists at the well respected SEC Country... such as Eric Bolin.  Give me a break.

The press conference itself isn't there... only the snippet.  I'd like the know the context before jumping to conclusions on what is being said.

Roaringboar

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 16, 2017, 11:13:05 pm
Putting quotations around a statement in a post that is quoting CBB is deliberately misleading if its not a part of the actual article.

Actually the things that were his own opinion he left out of quotes, except the part in the middle he put an extra set on the end I think......WOW!!!!!! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT GRAMMAR MATTERED SO MUCH ON A FOOTBALL FORUM......THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:14:15 pm
Yes, the fine journalists at the well respected SEC Country... such as Eric Bolin.  Give me a break.

The press conference itself isn't there... only the snippet.  I'd like the know the context before jumping to conclusions on what is being said.

Whatever....again.....this is just ignorance.....we saw Bert bash his kicker.....why would it shock you that he bashed his O-linemen too unless you're a die-hard supporter.....whatever.....you have the evidence..........

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:15:34 pm
Actually the things that were his own opinion he left out of quotes, except the part in the middle he put an extra set on the end I think......WOW!!!!!! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT GRAMMAR MATTERED SO MUCH ON A FOOTBALL FORUM......THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!
"Roaringboar loves" to bash "CBB."
Quotes have always mattered... that's fairly elementary.

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:18:03 pm
"Roaringboar loves" to bash "CBB."
Quotes have always mattered... that's fairly elementary.

I guess so......but then again, you're still arguing for him despite the fact you now have evidence of two occasions where he bashed players.....so for someone who's always saying we should support the players.....seems ironic to be defending Bilemea.......just saying.....

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:17:57 pm
Whatever....again.....this is just ignorance.....we saw Bert bash his kicker.....why would it shock you that he bashed his O-linemen too unless you're a die-hard supporter.....whatever.....you have the evidence..........
Evidence.  A snippet from an online blog. The blog that has one of the worst "writers" imaginable that is a completely Mud slinger.  Again, I'd like to see the presser For myself.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:22:58 pm
I guess so......but then again, you're still arguing for him despite the fact you now have evidence of two occasions where he bashed players.....so for someone who's always saying we should support the players.....seems ironic to be defending Bilemea.......just saying.....
Keep moving those goalposts buddy!

greenEGnHAWGS

Ha ha ha...ya know, i have family members who can't hold normal conversations either when they are about differing opinions. They just start yelling and get super-sarcastic too.

ON another note, its late and you obviously hate CBB so much that you will read, see, hear anything he says as being the far side of idiocy. Things are easy to twist to sound horrible...at least I admit to understanding the hate. He is in charge of our team and he hasn't won. I'm frustrated to. But that still doesn't mean that everything he says is garbage.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 16, 2017, 11:17:57 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2017/oct/09/13700/

Listen to the question he is asked... a report point blank asks him if CBB thinks it's more of a personnel issue than coaching.  CBB's response isn't what it's being made out to be either. CBB continues into discussing the lack of depth, which is attributed to his recruiting and why he regrets not signing 2-3 more OL per class. 

Pig in the Pokey

FatBert Huggers are the worst
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 16, 2017, 11:34:57 pm
FatBert Huggers are the worst
Seems like everyone here agrees he needs to go...  but not everything he does is wrong.

factchecker

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:37:11 pm
Seems like everyone here agrees he needs to go...  but nothing everything he does is wrong.

Yep.  If you want proof that Bielema needs to be fired then simply post his record.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

JaketheSnake

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 11:37:54 pm
Yep.  If you want proof that Bielema needs to be fired then simply post his record.
No doubt!  His record is awful and we can do better.  A better coach would have 1 loss with this team.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:37:11 pm
Seems like everyone here agrees he needs to go...  but not everything he does is wrong.

Bert Worshipper!

Lol. Sorry...

JaketheSnake

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 16, 2017, 11:42:59 pm
Bert Worshipper!

Lol. Sorry...
Ha!  Time for me to go to bed on my CBB pillow.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: factchecker on October 16, 2017, 11:37:54 pm

Bingo.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:44:46 pm

Those are called bean bags 😅

Three and Snout

Yeah"  Who "cares where the" parentheses are "put when "quoting something\"  Grammar doesn't "matter when "trying "to get others to understand" your point}  Punctuation is stupid?"

Three and Snout

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:44:46 pm

Those aren't pillows!

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 16, 2017, 11:33:18 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2017/oct/09/13700/

Listen to the question he is asked... a report point blank asks him if CBB thinks it's more of a personnel issue than coaching.  CBB's response isn't what it's being made out to be either. CBB continues into discussing the lack of depth, which is attributed to his recruiting and why he regrets not signing 2-3 more OL per class.

Translation: "I suck at my job.....It's my job to recruit the talent I need, and I went and got the wrong talent.......And now I can't even coach the talent I have despite they were all part of a top 25 class....." I

It's the same ole B.S............all he's doing is blaming the players, not the coaches......otherwise he would've said instead, "It's our fault because we can't seem to get our players to the point we need them to be" rather than saying, "It's not the coaches fault, our players just haven't turned into the players we need them to be".....as if that just happens on its own or something.......this interview was just more evidence the Bert doesn't have a clue on how to do his job, without Alvarez at Wisconsin, Bert would've been a laughing-stock.......

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 10:32:57 am
Translation: "I suck at my job.....It's my job to recruit the talent I need, and I went and got the wrong talent.......And now I can't even coach the talent I have despite they were all part of a top 25 class....." I

It's the same ole B.S............all he's doing is blaming the players, not the coaches......otherwise he would've said instead, "It's our fault because we can't seem to get our players to the point we need them to be" rather than saying, "It's not the coaches fault, our players just haven't turned into the players we need them to be".....as if that just happens on its own or something.......this interview was just more evidence the Bert doesn't have a clue on how to do his job, without Alvarez at Wisconsin, Bert would've been a laughing-stock.......
Lies again.  Cannt just speak on the facts can you?  He didn't say "it's not the coaches fault."  He did talk about players leaving early, which I have said before makes the redshirt program more difficult.  Denver Kirkland, Dan skipper, and Reeve Koehler should be seniors this year. Reeve was highly sought after by schools like a Georgia, Tennessee, and Oregon.  He was never a factor.  Kirkland and Skipper had to play early bc we didn't have the OL left over.  That's huge!

It's still CBB's responsibility to see this issue and plan for it.  How do you recruit a kid like Kohler and plan ahead for him not panning out?  How do you plan ahead that kirkland takes bad advise and leaves for the NFL to not get drafted? 

3 OL in 2015 class?  That was a result of some whiffs by pittman, who according to many had quit recruiting since Chaney was out. Still should have picked up at least 2 more there.  That's on CBB.

3 on 2016 & 2017, which includes a couple Jucos?  What is CBB looking at?  Hard to recruit out of that problem with 3 per year at the position group that takes the most amount of players, longest time to get them playing at the level we need them to, etc.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 17, 2017, 01:18:35 pm
Lies again.  Cannt just speak on the facts can you?  He didn't say "it's not the coaches fault."  He did talk about players leaving early, which I have said before makes the redshirt program more difficult.  Denver Kirkland, Dan skipper, and Reeve Koehler should be seniors this year. Reeve was highly sought after by schools like a Georgia, Tennessee, and Oregon.  He was never a factor.  Kirkland and Skipper had to play early bc we didn't have the OL left over.  That's huge!

It's still CBB's responsibility to see this issue and plan for it.  How do you recruit a kid like Kohler and plan ahead for him not panning out?  How do you plan ahead that kirkland takes bad advise and leaves for the NFL to not get drafted? 

3 OL in 2015 class?  That was a result of some whiffs by pittman, who according to many had quit recruiting since Chaney was out. Still should have picked up at least 2 more there.  That's on CBB.

3 on 2016 & 2017, which includes a couple Jucos?  What is CBB looking at?  Hard to recruit out of that problem with 3 per year at the position group that takes the most amount of players, longest time to get them playing at the level we need them to, etc.

Lies again........ See, I can do it too.......

Look, you are overlooking a huge chunk of that article just to try and cover up for Bert's foolish B.S.........he did say he didn't feel it was the coaching staffs fault, and he was quoted directly as saying, "Some players have not developed into what we expected them too....." What is that saying......

Translation: It's not our faults we suck, it's the players who sucks fault even though I am getting paid millions to turn these players into a winning team...........

That is exactly what he's saying.....sure he admits that early exits hurt his program.....but isn't that part of his job to prepare for that.....and about your seniors you are WRONG!!!!! That's funny since you bashed me for not knowing the facts last night and still are......Dan Skipper played for us 4 years with us so he wasn't an early departure.......and Koehler was a graduate too.......if they leave after being redshirted or graduating, that's bad planning by the coach as it's his job to be prepared for worst-case scenarios......besides, Koehler was never a major part of Bielemas plan anyways.......so maybe you should get your facts straight for once.....

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 01:46:37 pm

Look, you are overlooking a huge chunk of that article just to try and cover up for Bert's foolish B.S.........he did say he didn't feel it was the coaching staffs fault, and he was quoted directly as saying, "Some players have not developed into what we expected them too....." What is that saying......

Translation: It's not our faults we suck, it's the players who sucks fault even though I am getting paid millions to turn these players into a winning team...........

That is exactly what he's saying.....sure he admits that early exits hurt his program.....but isn't that part of his job to prepare for that.....and about your seniors you are WRONG!!!!! That's funny since you bashed me for not knowing the facts last night and still are......Dan Skipper played for us 4 years with us so he wasn't an early departure.......and Koehler was a graduate too.......if they leave after being redshirted or graduating, that's bad planning by the coach as it's his job to be prepared for worst-case scenarios......besides, Koehler was never a major part of Bielemas plan anyways.......so maybe you should get your facts straight for once.....
Lol at you telling someone to "get your facts straight for once".
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Roaringboar

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 17, 2017, 02:08:46 pm
Lol at you telling someone to "get your facts straight for once".

Where am I wrong.......the article speaks for itself......or rather.....BERT does......as for Skipper, four year player, was a senior, should've been preparing for his departure no later than his third year...........same thing for Kirkland.....there were fears early on at the end of his sophmore year he might leave early after his junior year, and we did nothing to prepare......it's just more lame-@$$ excuses Bielema and his supporters keep trying to spit out, hoping it will save his job somehow.....it's like this latest comment about, "This is a rebuilding season".........Considering everything he said in the preseason, how this team "Was just one step away from being exactly right", it sounds to me like he was full of it the whole time.....seriously.....This article was him bashing him players, nothing more, nothing less.....it's the same thing he always does......he bashed our kicking game at the begining of the season, ran our kicker out of town....and where are we now......still missing PAT's in Tuscaloosa in front of a live audience of 100,000 screaming Tide fans and a national television audience who just couldn't stop laughing......that's why many of us are ticked, it's the same excuses over and over again with no results while not taking any responsiblity on himself and shrugging it off onto whoever the poor unit of the week was......

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 01:46:37 pm

Lies again!

You ignored the fact I was talking about the redshirt program.  That entire thing was about not being able to redshirt Kirkland and Skipper.  A redshirt OL program was a key to CBB winning at Wiscy.

How anyone says that a player as highly rated/sought after as Kohler "wasn't part of his plan" is just straight idiotic.  Guv level.

And read my response!  Just try reading... have you read before? Do you know how to read?  You ask me if that isn't CBB's job to prepare for that... I said that it is CBBs responsibility.  Maybe the word responsibility is too big for you.

He has mentioned, even in yesterday's presser, that the coaches hold the responsibility too. 

You cannt come up with a decent view point besides "Bert Bert Bert" so you continue to claim we are trying to save CBB's job.  Again, lies.  Anyone with a pulse knew this would be a rebuilding season.  We lost our best RB, LT, best corner, etc.

We lost over 50% of our rushing yards to injury/graduation.

We lost 4 of our top 5 tacklers.

We lost 3 of our top 5 returners.

We lost 5 of our top 8 receivers/TEs.

We have since lost our top WR and best corner.

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 17, 2017, 03:00:37 pm
Lies again!

You ignored the fact I was talking about the redshirt program.  That entire thing was about not being able to redshirt Kirkland and Skipper.  A redshirt OL program was a key to CBB winning at Wiscy.

How anyone says that a player as highly rated/sought after as Kohler "wasn't part of his plan" is just straight idiotic.  Guv level.

And read my response!  Just try reading... have you read before? Do you know how to read? You ask me if that isn't CBB's job to prepare for that... I said that it is CBBs responsibility.  Maybe the word responsibility is too big for you.

He has mentioned, even in yesterday's presser, that the coaches hold the responsibility too. 

You cannt come up with a decent view point besides "Bert Bert Bert" so you continue to claim we are trying to save CBB's job.  Again, lies.  Anyone with a pulse knew this would be a rebuilding season.  We lost our best RB, LT, best corner, etc.

We lost over 50% of our rushing yards to injury/graduation.

We lost 4 of our top 5 tacklers.

We lost 3 of our top 5 returners.

We lost 5 of our top 8 receivers/TEs.

We have since lost our top WR and best corner.

Look Jakie, I'm really tired of going circles with you because now you are just quoting Bielema's same B.S. lines.........cannt should be "cannot"......you mention "responsibility" and yet you lay none on the coach because Bielema has yet to say, "We have really screwed up this season".......All he says is, "We must do better" which to that I say, "NO S _ _ _ COACH!!!!"..........You're funny, asking the guy typing on a message board if he's ever read before.....how very two of you.......and as for KOEHLER.....that's why he became one of our primary starters right?????? Oh wait, he didn't.....really??? And lastly, the part about his Wisky success, uh NO, that happened because of Alvarez......that's why Wisconsin is still a top 10 team even without Bielema......

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 03:12:57 pm
Look Jakie, I'm really tired of going circles with you because now you are just quoting Bielema's same B.S. lines.........cannt should be "cannot"......you mention "responsibility" and yet you lay none on the coach because Bielema has yet to say, "We have really screwed up this season".......All he says is, "We must do better" which to that I say, "NO S _ _ _ COACH!!!!"..........You're funny, asking the guy typing on a message board if he's ever read before.....how very two of you.......and as for KOEHLER.....that's why he became one of our primary starters right?????? Oh wait, he didn't.....really??? And lastly, the part about his Wisky success, uh NO, that happened because of Alvarez......that's why Wisconsin is still a top 10 team even without Bielema......
You actually want the coach to come out and say the season is screwed after 6 games in a 12 games season. That's laughable.  I love how the AD gets al the credit for a Wiscy program that's been successful.  Why do we need a different coach then?

Good job catching that extra n from my phone typing.  You've been working on the alphabet again, haven't you?

Again, you're an idiot if you think we brought in a kid and didn't have a plan for him to contribute.

Now we need to work on reading comprehension...  look at my previous posts stating it was CBB's responsibility.  Actually, look at the sentence before where you highlighted the word "responsibility."  Where do I say that responsibility falls???

Schools out, what's your mom making you for a snack?

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 17, 2017, 04:05:05 pm
You actually want the coach to come out and say the season is screwed after 6 games in a 12 games season. That's laughable.  I love how the AD gets al the credit for a Wiscy program that's been successful.  Why do we need a different coach then?

Good job catching that extra n from my phone typing.  You've been working on the alphabet again, haven't you?

Again, you're an idiot if you think we brought in a kid and didn't have a plan for him to contribute.

Now we need to work on reading comprehension...  look at my previous posts stating it was CBB's responsibility.  Actually, look at the sentence before where you highlighted the word "responsibility."  Where do I say that responsibility falls???

Schools out, what's your mom making you for a snack?

Why do we need a new head coach?  Um....because we suck and aren't winning games like we should considering we're paying the coach over $4 million a year.....uh....duh........As for Wisconsin's success......Obviously you don't know anything about college football or you'd know Wisconsin's athletic director was a successful head coach before Bielema showed up........which means he was on Bielema's @$$ about doing his job right.....And as for the ole KOEHLER (hey you forgot you didn't spell this one right either Jake) B.S....show me where he contributed......show me one stat........

As for school, well, it's not over yet, because I just dragged you through after-school tutoring it would seem since you know so much less about college football than you think you do, but would insist otherwise if others don't agree with your false statements and blind support of ole Bert..........

greenEGnHAWGS

Oh good...I thought this thread died last night. Good to see it's still kicking.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 04:18:58 pm
Why do we need a new head coach?  Um....because we suck and aren't winning games like we should considering we're paying the coach over $4 million a year.....uh....duh........As for Wisconsin's success......Obviously you don't know anything about college football or you'd know Wisconsin's athletic director was a successful head coach before Bielema showed up........which means he was on Bielema's @$$ about doing his job right.....And as for the ole KOEHLER (hey you forgot you didn't spell this one right either Jake) B.S....show me where he contributed......show me one stat........

As for school, well, it's not over yet, because I just dragged you through after-school tutoring it would seem since you know so much less about college football than you think you do, but would insist otherwise if others don't agree with your false statements and blind support of ole Bert..........
You confuse easily AND have terrible reading comprehension. 

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 01:46:37 pmbesides, Koehler was never a major part of Bielemas plan anyways.......so maybe you should get your facts straight for once.....
So again, why would any coach give a scholarship to any player they did not have a plan for?  You said it, not me.

And you skipped the actual question about Alvarez.  You gave all the credit for Wiscy's success to Alvarez and none to CBB, but you want CBB fired here.  See where i'm going with this???

You also dodged all the factual information about the production lost from last season.  Just curious as to your thoughts on that.  Pretend you are writing the response as an attempt to get hired at SEC Country.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 17, 2017, 05:04:25 pm
Oh good...I thought this thread died last night. Good to see it's still kicking.
Leon Phelps says to come on in, the water is fine!

It's a trainwreck of stupidity.  What's that quote about arguing with idiots?  I need to find that.

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 17, 2017, 05:14:01 pm
You confuse easily AND have terrible reading comprehension. 

Look at you stoop down to name calling again......that just tells me you've run out of any facts to back your argument up and no matter what I say you'll just call me a name, say I'm some dumb hick who apparently can't read, and that I just get confused to easily........sounds like you're the one who's confused Jakie.....you want to keep defending Bert, that's cool, you just use this thread up all you want.......because it started out being about an article were Bert bashed his players, and you've tried spinning it to another topic entirely.....so with that being said.....I think I'm done with this thread......but you keep spewing your Bert-love crap if you want.....

JaketheSnake

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 17, 2017, 11:12:14 pm
Look at you stoop down to name calling again......that just tells me you've run out of any facts to back your argument up and no matter what I say you'll just call me a name, say I'm some dumb hick who apparently can't read, and that I just get confused to easily........sounds like you're the one who's confused Jakie.....you want to keep defending Bert, that's cool, you just use this thread up all you want.......because it started out being about an article were Bert bashed his players, and you've tried spinning it to another topic entirely.....so with that being said.....I think I'm done with this thread......but you keep spewing your Bert-love crap if you want.....