Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Citrus Bowl

Started by Paulsooie, August 17, 2017, 12:40:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulsooie

Watching the Citrus Bowl on ESPN Classic.  Man they were fun to watch that year!  Our defense was really salty, and Stoeener was such a gun slinger!
If it ain't broke, break it and see what happens!

GoHogs1091

A game that we should have won.  A win against Michigan would have given our program a lift.

Just one of several games that Nutt lost that were winnable games.

Paulsooie

Brady and company were pretty good though.

Bacons Rebellion

The would run out Tai Streets, and max protect. Brady would hit Streets in double coverage first down. They would run a counter and we couldn't stop that. Rinse repeat. Completely wore out our defense.

We could have won but they were better than us.

rljjr

It was a good game, but dang, yet another 4th quarter collapse. That won't happen any longer -- I hope.

DeltaBoy

Nutt got outcoached again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FANONTHEHILL

Worth noting.  #71 on that Michigan roster was a center named Kurt Anderson.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 17, 2017, 02:28:29 am
A game that we should have won.  A win against Michigan would have given our program a lift.

True. But Nutt wasn't the only coach who lost way too many bowl games...even Holtz. And I HATE losing bowl games.

The list of teams who defeated us is too long (and this is just in my football-watching lifetime)...North Carolina, Minnesota, Auburn, UCLA, Tennessee, UNLV (remember that one?), Wisconsin (to finish the 2006 season with a painful 3-game losing steak), and more recently Ohio State and Virginia Tech. Awful. So yeah, wins against any of those teams—except UNLV, and who cares about them?—would have given Arkansas some big season-ending credibility. That's one reason we've been stuck with that 'middle-of-the-pack' perception.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on August 17, 2017, 02:28:29 am

Well, Florida has lost to Michigan twice since 2007. "Winnable"? Maybe...they were just better than us. Plus, Michigan was favored.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razor1997

That Michigan QB was pretty good.  I wonder what he ended up doing after college football.

Headhog32

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 17, 2017, 08:50:17 pm
Well, Florida has lost to Michigan twice since 2007. "Winnable"? Maybe...they were just better than us. Plus, Michigan was favored.
Nutt lost a lot of games that were winnable. and he had so much talent. never was a huge fan

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 17, 2017, 09:33:10 pm
Nutt lost a lot of games that were winnable. and he had so much talent. never was a huge fan
Never was a huge fan either...but he also won a lot of games.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Headhog32

I just feel like with hillis/mcfadden/jones we should have won the SEC at least 1 year thats to much talent not to mention the other guys we had on that years team

Paulsooie

98 was the year I really started following the Hogs, and started going to every game in the state.  I always liked Nutt, but I admit, when he left it was time for him to go.  Nonetheless, his teams entertained me for years.  Nothing comes close to that first season though.  We were a crazy "fumble" at Tennessee, and a suspended field goal kicker at Miss State away from playing for it all.  I'll start off this year jokingly calling that we go 15-0, then adjust expectations accordingly.  LOL

Headhog32

Quote from: Paulsooie on August 17, 2017, 10:43:04 pm
98 was the year I really started following the Hogs, and started going to every game in the state.  I always liked Nutt, but I admit, when he left it was time for him to go.  Nonetheless, his teams entertained me for years.  Nothing comes close to that first season though.  We were a crazy "fumble" at Tennessee, and a suspended field goal kicker at Miss State away from playing for it all.  I'll start off this year jokingly calling that we go 15-0, then adjust expectations accordingly.  LOL
LOL I like your logic, wish every razorback fan would do that haha. and By the way there is a chance for 15-0?? why would we play every game if there wasn't! haha