Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Columnist: SEC FOOTBALL: SUPER EARLY CONFERENCE RANKINGS FOR 2017

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 05, 2017, 12:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snouty

Sounds just like HDN.  Take away the big plays and we win.  Take away D-Day and the Germans win WWII. 

NoogaHog

Serious question: I know that LSU has a lot of talent, but are they going to be world beaters with Ed O? He has been good, but not great in his 2 interim stints and was terrible at OM. They may very well beat us next year with talent, but is it sustainable for the next few years?
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

bennyl08

Quote from: Snouty on March 21, 2017, 02:11:15 pm
Sounds just like HDN.  Take away the big plays and we win.  Take away D-Day and the Russians win WWII.

FIFY, though one can make a decent argument that you don't even need to take away D-Day to claim that.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

fullfan

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 06, 2017, 07:21:32 am
Not me, I think we were a good defense away from 10-11 wins last year (A&M, Mizzou and VT).  Other than Alabama, I do not really see anyone that we could not beat.

1-0 W Florida A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)
2-0 W TCU
3-0 W Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas)
4-0 W New Mexico State
5-0 W South Carolina*
5-1 L Alabama*
6-1 W Auburn
7-1 W Ole Miss*
8-1 W Coastal Carolina
8-2 L LSU*
9-2 W Mississippi State
10-2 W Missouri

* Away

8-4 with this schedule. 

flynhog

Or the LSU love...........
I'm so glad Ed's back in Baton Rouge
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 06, 2017, 12:04:21 pm
Oh I am not saying those losses are all on the defense but if there were not repeated second half defensive collapses, who knows it the offense continues to come out loose and ready to hammer it home vs tight and thinking they have to score on every drive.

Strongly agree.
People don't seem to understand the pressure aspect to sports sometimes.

For some reason they seem to think each side of the ball is played in a vacuum.
I think the pressure was painfully obvious our last two games after our defense imitated a Chinese Fire Drill all season long.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 22, 2017, 12:20:32 am
Strongly agree.
People don't seem to understand the pressure aspect to sports sometimes.

For some reason they seem to think each side of the ball is played in a vacuum.
I think the pressure was painfully obvious our last two games after our defense imitated a Chinese Fire Drill all season long.

That's being pretty rough on Chinese fire drills, buddy.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 21, 2017, 02:26:58 pm
Serious question: I know that LSU has a lot of talent, but are they going to be world beaters with Ed O? He has been good, but not great in his 2 interim stints and was terrible at OM. They may very well beat us next year with talent, but is it sustainable for the next few years?

He comes off as a chucklehead.  And by that, I mean not very bright.  He also seems like the older, drunken uncle type that would try to use trendy catch phrases with the younger crowd.  "That's pretty fly.", "You're the bomb dot com", "Catch you on the flip side homey"...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: NoogaHog on March 21, 2017, 02:26:58 pm

I think that could be a tough call right now. He didn't do well as the HC at Ole Miss, but when he took over the USC program after the firing of Kiffin, he took a team that was sitting at 3-2 to that point of the season and went 6-2 the rest of the way. Of course he had a lot of talent at his disposal, but the same thing happened at LSU where he took over a team whose HC had been fired, had a record of 3-2 and he managed to coach them to a 5-2 record during the remainder of the season. And again, coaching another team who probably banded together feeling that they had their backs to the wall after losing their HC in the middle of a season.

So, Orgeron has proven himself to be a pretty good pinch-hitter as an Interim HC, but not so much of a great HC when it is officially his baby, at least to this point. He isn't going to have the benefit of a team that is filled with motivation to band together under difficult circumstances this season. LSU has a ton of talent, we will just have to sit back and see what he does with that talent. I'd be happy to see them go 8-4.
Go Hogs Go!

azhog10

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 06, 2017, 07:21:32 am
Not me, I think we were a good defense away from 10-11 wins last year (A&M, Mizzou and VT).  Other than Alabama, I do not really see anyone that we could not beat.

1-0 W Florida A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)
2-0 W TCU
2-1 L Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas)
3-1 W New Mexico State
4-1 W South Carolina*
4-2 L Alabama*
4-3 L Auburn
5-3 W Ole Miss*
6-3 W Coastal Carolina
6-4 L LSU*
7-4 W Mississippi State
8-4 W Missouri

* Away
Adjusted a few things. CBB hasn't shown the ability to beat TAMU, we know Bama is an L, Auburn is a toss up, and we always drop one of those last two so I wouldn't be shocked to see us win 7 and at best 8.