Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does the recent success of MA bode good or bad for BB?

Started by Sportster365, March 01, 2017, 03:04:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gchamblee

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 03, 2017, 08:59:34 am
Anderson's success is not what puts pressure on CBB. Petrino's is another matter. Bobby had the team balling in year three. CBB on the other hand still hasn't figured it out. Apparently he needs twice the time. In my opinion that makes him half the coach.

In my opinion, CBB is twice the coach CBP is. However, CBP is infinitely more gifted at running an offense than CBB is. Fortunately, he hired a hell of an OC in Dan Enos to make up the difference. There is more to being a head coach than executing an excellent offensive game plan.

logic

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 02, 2017, 08:43:03 am
Oh and in case you haven't figured it out. I feel like firing Petrino was boneheaded, arrogant and stupid. Jeff is the one who should have gone. Then we could have hired an AD with thicker skin.
Certainly I agree with you. What Petrino did was insignificant.  Extramarital sex is common enough and denying it to protect and avoid conflict with a wife and children is even more common.  The only real issue was hiring the girl and that could have been rectified by Petrino reimbursing the UofA the amount of the salary they paid her--a piddling amount  compared to what Petrino was earning.

Don't worry folks about Mike putting pressure on Bret with a good to great season.  Isn't likely Mike can sustain good for very long and, speaking of Long, isn't likely either coach has one little thing to worry about.  Bret I believe will bring it here in season 5 cause he's looking at a year where he can solidify his compensation package for a good many years if he will just work hard enough to maybe reach 9 wins with a bowl win.  Then he can go back to sleep for a few years with a big fat buyout.

southeasthog

Quote from: 12247 on March 03, 2017, 02:37:18 pm
Don't worry folks about Mike putting pressure on Bret with a good to great season.  Isn't likely Mike can sustain good for very long and, speaking of Long, isn't likely either coach has one little thing to worry about.  Bret I believe will bring it here in season 5 cause he's looking at a year where he can solidify his compensation package for a good many years if he will just work hard enough to maybe reach 9 wins with a bowl win.  Then he can go back to sleep for a few years with a big fat buyout.
To be an older fella you sure post some stupid stuff. Gonna coach harder and have a good year just so he can sit back and goof off for a few years. Ignorant.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: hogsanity on March 03, 2017, 11:14:31 am
The recent success of MA? Do you mean the recent 5 game win streak that followed losing 3 of 4 in humiliating fashion? Or do you mean making the ncaat twice ( probably ) in 6 season? MA has had less success in a much weaker SEC than BB has had in a conference that is much better in football than basketball.
This whole thread from the false title on down has been a real fail if the intent was to prop up MA by criticizing CBB.

Sportster365

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on March 03, 2017, 03:25:18 pm
This whole thread from the false title on down has been a real fail if the intent was to prop up MA by criticizing CBB.

The intent was to have a legitimate discussion. As of now the BB program seems to be on the uptick and any Razorback fan whose been paying enough attention can feel a little momentum brewing in the life of this program.

And well before the BB season started this year plenty of fans were and have been ready to run Coach B out of the state since the Mizzou and VTech games. The razorback BB program had nothing to do with that.

For some of the fans that feel the BB program may finally be moving in the right direction that enthusiasm can easily trickle over to the football program and for some fans cause them to get antsy about Razorback football and for others it might cause them to say hey we'll get there.... just look at what time has given Anderson.

This is the pulse of Razorback athletics right now this isn't some indictment on Coach B. Over in jump ball we have threads with fans discussing the possibility of Arkansas giving Anderson a raise just weeks after a two tumultuous losses. Here in MMQB we've got multiple page threads about the upcoming season being a "do or die" year for coach B... as of now I believe its all relevant.

Vantage 8 dude

March 03, 2017, 04:33:43 pm #56 Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 05:00:39 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Sportster365 on March 03, 2017, 04:26:57 pm
The intent was to have a legitimate discussion. As of now the BB program seems to be on the uptick and any Razorback fan whose been paying enough attention can feel a little momentum brewing in the life of this program.

And well before the BB season started this year plenty of fans were and have been ready to run Coach B out of the state since the Mizzou and VTech games. The razorback BB program had nothing to do with that.

For some of the fans that feel the BB program may finally be moving in the right direction that enthusiasm can easily trickle over to the football program and for some fans cause them to get antsy about Razorback football and for others it might cause them to say hey we'll get there.... just look at what time has given Anderson.

This is the pulse of Razorback athletics right now this isn't some indictment on Coach B. Over in jump ball we have threads with fans discussing the possibility of Arkansas giving Anderson a raise just weeks after a two tumultuous losses. Here in MMQB we've got multiple page threads about the upcoming season being a "do or die" year for coach B... as of now I believe its all relevant.
While our possibility of making the NCAA tourney seems to be pretty solid at the moment, in taking a look at the entire body of CMA's work over the years any possible raise in salary after the season should be minimal unless we go FAR into the playoffs. Sorry, but finally getting to a level I feel we should have been capable of achieving before now is NOT a cause for a major bonus. BTW my personal opinion has nothing to do with any personal feelings I have about Mike. Strictly business. 

Sportster365

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on March 03, 2017, 04:33:43 pm
While our possibility of making the NCAA tourney seems to pretty solid at the moment, in taking a look at the entire body of CMA's work over the years any possible raise in salary after the season should be minimal unless we go FAR into the playoffs. Sorry, but finally getting to a level I feel we should have been capable of achieving before now is NOT a cause for a major bonus. BTW my personal opinion has nothing to do with any personal feelings I have about Mike. Strictly business.

I agree, I don't think his resume up to now warrants a pay raise. I mentioned it because its a fairly popular discussion in Jump Ball. 

nwahogfan1

Mike and Bret are good coaches and good people but neither are great Coaches.  They will both be here for as long as the big money boosters and the fans keep coming to games.   

I think for the most part the boosters are happy but they both need to show progress.  Maybe not in a straight line but show the team is getting better through recruiting and winning games.  Bret needs to win 8+ games to really show the program is going in the right direction.  While Mike needs to keep his program winning 20+ games a year and I think fans for the most part will accept it. 

Both Coaches have done a great job of cleaning up their program and with the graduation issue. 

hamARchy in the USA

In a more apples to apples context, it could be asked if Mike Anderson should feel any pressure to resign now that Jimmy Dykes has demonstrated how best to handle his own lack of coaching prowess. 

In 3 years Dykes led one team to the NCAA tourney.  IF MA's team goes this year it will only be the second time in 6 years.   Dykes obviously saw in his limited time that he couldn't build an SEC championship program.  In a much weaker men's league, MA hasn't come close to winning the SEC title in twice the time.  Dykes' showed his regard for the Razorback program by stepping aside.

ricepig

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 03, 2017, 07:19:54 pm
In a more apples to apples context, it could be asked if Mike Anderson should feel any pressure to resign now that Jimmy Dykes has demonstrated how best to handle his own lack of coaching prowess. 

In 3 years Dykes led one team to the NCAA tourney.  IF MA's team goes this year it will only be the second time in 6 years.   Dykes obviously saw in his limited time that he couldn't build an SEC championship program.  In a much weaker men's league, MA hasn't come close to winning the SEC title in twice the time.  Dykes' showed his regard for the Razorback program by stepping aside.

https://twitter.com/BobHoltADG/status/837788281429450752

PonderinHog

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on March 03, 2017, 07:19:54 pm

Dykes was "shown" the door.

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 03, 2017, 07:51:50 pm
Dykes was "shown" the door.

wonder why he got Pelphried or Heathed but Mike gets to continue in mediocrity?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: hogsanity on March 03, 2017, 07:55:11 pm

Because basketball still pays for itself, Women's BB was quickly going in the wrong direction. The problem is, to truly turn it around, is going to cost $750,000/yr+ for a top line coach. And even then, it's a 2-3 year rebuild of the roster, assuming no more leave.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on March 03, 2017, 01:57:21 pm
In my opinion, CBB is twice the coach CBP is. However, CBP is infinitely more gifted at running an offense than CBB is. Fortunately, he hired a hell of an OC in Dan Enos to make up the difference. There is more to being a head coach than executing an excellent offensive game plan.

Yeah. It is called finding a second half game plan.  He does good for a half then craps the bed in the second half. He has done that a couple of times every year he has been here now.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Sivad

Because Mike sat on the bench beside Nolan.
He is "NolAnderson".

hamARchy in the USA

If it's true that Dykes was resigned then it makes an even more compelling case that MA should be resigned as well.

The women's basketball program has always struggled.  Even for Gary Blair, who went on to win a national title at A&M, success was fleeting.  The men's basketball program, on the other hand, has proven that it belongs with the elite as it was under two successive great coaches.    Dykes gets canned from a lower potential program after only 3 years while MA leads an also ran with championship potential into a 6th year of worthlessness.    Of course, the men's season isn't over yet but even if MA gets canned he still got twice as many years as Dykes.

HiggiePiggy

First of all. Mike Anderson has had one season of his 6 that he had less than .500 in SEC play.  His first season was 6 and 10 in conference after that he was 10-8, 10-8, 13-5, 9-9, and currently 11-6 probably finish 12-6.

Pelphrey his first year he was 9-7. Followed that up with 3 bad seasons and then was fired. 2-14, 7-9, and 7-9.

Heath also had only one winning season in the sec. He was 4-12, 4-12, 6-10 then he had his first winning season in the sec with 10-6. He followed that up with going 7-9 then was fired. 

So saying he is anything like those 2 is just not fact and showing that you just don't like him.  He is taking us back to the tournament again so might as well get used to him being here awhile.

People saying that because Dykes is leaving so mike should also leave.  I am sure if mike had 3 seasons of losing in the sec followed up with his last season being 2-14 he too would be forced to leave. There is no comparison. Dykes did a terrible job and realized he can't coach. 6-10, 7-9, and 2-14 will get you fired just about anywhere. 

gchamblee

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 03, 2017, 08:38:31 pm
Yeah. It is called finding a second half game plan.  He does good for a half then craps the bed in the second half. He has done that a couple of times every year he has been here now.

I think you were trying to make a point and got side tracked. What was it again? Are you trying to say that the couple of times the team fell apart in the second half is standard for CBB, and the many times they didn't was just a fluke?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on March 04, 2017, 02:59:44 am
I think you were trying to make a point and got side tracked. What was it again? Are you trying to say that the couple of times the team fell apart in the second half is standard for CBB, and the many times they didn't was just a fluke?

Couple of times?  Try a couple of times each year he has been here. That needs to be corrected if Arkansas wants to see another 10 win season. 

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 03, 2017, 10:09:24 pm
First of all. Mike Anderson has had one season of his 6 that he had less than .500 in SEC play.  His first season was 6 and 10 in conference after that he was 10-8, 10-8, 13-5, 9-9, and currently 11-6 probably finish 12-6.

Pelphrey his first year he was 9-7. Followed that up with 3 bad seasons and then was fired. 2-14, 7-9, and 7-9.

Heath also had only one winning season in the sec. He was 4-12, 4-12, 6-10 then he had his first winning season in the sec with 10-6. He followed that up with going 7-9 then was fired. 

So saying he is anything like those 2 is just not fact and showing that you just don't like him.  He is taking us back to the tournament again so might as well get used to him being here awhile.

People saying that because Dykes is leaving so mike should also leave.  I am sure if mike had 3 seasons of losing in the sec followed up with his last season being 2-14 he too would be forced to leave. There is no comparison. Dykes did a terrible job and realized he can't coach. 6-10, 7-9, and 2-14 will get you fired just about anywhere. 

The standard MA should be held up to are Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson. Not Heath and Pelphrey. And I would love to get used to being in the NCAA tournament every year as you stated, but MA has not shown he is capable of recruiting enough good players to do that yet.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 04, 2017, 09:37:40 am
The standard MA should be held up to are Eddie Sutton and Nolan Richardson. Not Heath and Pelphrey. And I would love to get used to being in the NCAA tournament every year as you stated, but MA has not shown he is capable of recruiting enough good players to do that yet.

his record here so far has blown away the last 2 coaches here. Yes it's upsetting he hasn't been in more NCAA tournaments, but people trying to compare him to any of those coaches are not looking at facts of his career here so far. 

Vantage 8 dude

March 04, 2017, 10:18:24 am #72 Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 10:31:40 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 04, 2017, 09:49:18 am
his record here so far has blown away the last 2 coaches here. Yes it's upsetting he hasn't been in more NCAA tournaments, but people trying to compare him to any of those coaches are not looking at facts of his career here so far.
So what you're obviously saying is that one can choose to compare Mike's record against whatever previous HC's we've had in the past. And while that option may be open, why would one want to compare his record against substandard coaches rather than someone like Sutton or Richardson? I mean a ton of folks want to compare CBB against the likes of Holtz or Broyles. Why not use the same standards to determine whether or not CMA is getting the job done properly ??? ::) :-\ In the end the record of any coach should be taken on its own merit(s). You seem to want some sort of "double standard" to be the rule of the day. Then again, why should any of us be surprised?

HiggiePiggy

No. I am just saying many are bringing up those 2 as mediocrity.  No they were worse than mediocrity. Right now what we have is a little better than mediocrity.  I would love to see a Sutton or Richardson type success again. As of right now though mike Anderson isn't going anywhere so why bother comparing him to coaches that were fired when he has far better success than either of them.  The only way we are going to see MA fired is if he starts to have the type of failure seasons that the previous coaches had to get fired for.

It's just like the football program.  As long as beliema doesn't drop off the face of the earth he will be here for as long as he wants. In my opinion he never has to have a 10 win season here.

logic

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on March 04, 2017, 09:37:40 am
Without Frank Broyles' superior talent at finding and hiring superior head coaches, where in blazes is Jeff Long going to find a coach like Sutton or Nolan?  On a good day, Jeff Long may luck out; but, far more likely, his choice will be sub-par for the SEC. I am not in favor of exchanging a good coach to one that will be the bottom of the pack.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: logic on March 04, 2017, 12:25:28 pm
Without Frank Broyles' superior talent at finding and hiring superior head coaches, where in blazes is Jeff Long going to find a coach like Sutton or Nolan?  On a good day, Jeff Long may luck out; but, far more likely, his choice will be sub-par for the SEC. I am not in favor of exchanging a good coach to one that will be the bottom of the pack.

Superior coaches like Heath and Pelphrey? And lets not forget, Dana Altman was undefeated at Arkansas!
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: logic on March 04, 2017, 12:25:28 pm

Yeah sorry. Houston Nutt was just an awesome find for Broyles.....

Southeasthog, We both have opinions in our posts.  Big difference is that I respect your posted opinion and value your right to offer it, while you are disrespectful toward mine.  Try and think that through.  Look at who is ignorant.

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 04, 2017, 03:51:46 pm
Yeah sorry. Houston Nutt was just an awesome find for Broyles.....

you do know that JFB DID NOT WANT HDN. He was ready to sign Tubberville, when John White intervened and fouled it up.

The last coach JFB was allowed to go hire all on his own was DVH and that has worked out pretty well.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

logic

Quote from: hogsanity on March 04, 2017, 09:40:47 pm
you do know that JFB DID NOT WANT HDN. He was ready to sign Tubberville, when John White intervened and fouled it up.

The last coach JFB was allowed to go hire all on his own was DVH and that has worked out pretty well.

John White also sabotaged the  Dana Altman hire. John White was determined  that Frank was not going to select the next basketball coach and it wasn't until after the meeting between John White and Dana Altman that Altman left.

John White has been a cancer on the Athletic Department and we are still suffering the lingering effects in basketball, perhaps football, and especially the ladies basketball.

LZH

There is some truth to that...but not 100%.

HiggiePiggy

So you are telling me he had no say in who was hired and our current ad has all of the say?  Yes Broyles was just a victim of others choices.

LZH

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 05, 2017, 07:57:21 am
So you are telling me he had no say in who was hired and our current ad has all of the say?  Yes Broyles was just a victim of others choices.

Our current AD has total autonomy....

hogsanity

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 05, 2017, 07:57:21 am

For two decades JFB was allowed to go out with a check and a pen and find coaches. He hired Sutton, Richardson, Holtz, Hatfield and DVH that way along with others like McDonald, Blair. There were a couple ad hires, Crowe comes to mind. However, once John White got in a position of power, JFB was no longer allowed o operate that way, and neither was Long until white retired.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 03, 2017, 10:07:44 am
If you are still not understanding the difference between those two situations...

Yes it's a big difference between the two. Bobby got the hogs to the Sugar bowl and Bret is ecstatic about winning the Texas Bowl. Bobby took the program to a elite level and Bret just look at the numbers.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 06, 2017, 06:23:09 am
Yes it's a big difference between the two. Bobby got the hogs to the Sugar bowl and Bret is ecstatic about winning the Texas Bowl. Bobby took the program to a elite level and Bret just look at the numbers.

Yes, BP's offense was exciting and for two seasons the Hog fans rejoiced. The overall quality of the program wasn't as good at that time, kids weren't making their grades and overall discipline within the program wasn't what it is now, but we were winning more games. There is a far different approach to recruiting now that involves higher standards than just being a player. But if all we care about is winning for the short term, maybe we should take a page from the Ole Miss playbook?
Go Hogs Go!

gchamblee

This is funny. CBP did not get us to an elite level. He could hardly ever beat the really good teams. He never beat bama. He got to beat up on a weak aTm team pre manziel, pre sec and pre sumlin. He nearly lost and did lose to some really bad teams. The sugar bowl loss was the height of his career. I loved our offense under CBP and I was sad to see him go, but your view of his accomplishments is a real stretch away from reality. CBB has gotten closer to beating saban than CBP did.

gchamblee

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2017, 06:45:46 am
Yes, BP's offense was exciting and for two seasons the Hog fans rejoiced. The overall quality of the program wasn't as good at that time, kids weren't making their grades and overall discipline within the program wasn't what it is now, but we were winning more games. There is a far different approach to recruiting now that involves higher standards than just being a player. But if all we care about is winning for the short term, maybe we should take a page from the Ole Miss playbook?

Be careful with that. There are a few here that would welcome cheating for the short term glory regardless of the long term penalties. We have fans that mock integrity and get upset about our improved GPA.

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 06, 2017, 06:45:46 am

Yepper....cheat and win!  ;D

As for White, I never really understood why FB didn't put his foot down and call him out. Broyles surely had more support from the $ crowd. I thought I was in the know on a few things but this certainly wasn't one of them.

Pork Twain

It would have been easier to just type, "You are right, I still cannot comprehend the vast difference between those two situations."
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HF#1

Not related. However, Bielema has to win this year.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

Long seems to look at these a two separate things and so do I.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Pork Twain on March 06, 2017, 07:11:50 am
It would have been easier to just type, "You are right, I still cannot comprehend the vast difference between those two situations."

One is a proven winner at Arkansas and the other hasn't proven to be able to win at Arkansas.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: logic on March 03, 2017, 02:26:07 pm
Certainly I agree with you. What Petrino did was insignificant.  Extramarital sex is common enough and denying it to protect and avoid conflict with a wife and children is even more common.  The only real issue was hiring the girl and that could have been rectified by Petrino reimbursing the UofA the amount of the salary they paid her--a piddling amount  compared to what Petrino was earning.

Thank you. That is certainly a more rational outlook that there would have been some huge law suite that would have brought the football program to its knees. Ridiculous.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: gchamblee on March 03, 2017, 01:57:21 pm

Twice the coach ? Are we talking about belly size ? Because thats just crazy talk. Bobby gave us back to back top ten finishes in his third and fourth seasons. CBB lost to Toledo in his third season and fall apart at the end of his fourth. No comparison. And before you say CBB had to rebuild talent wise give some credit to the fact that some of CBBs best defensive players were recruited by CBP.... If I were to rank the two on a scale of one to ten with ten being the best. I'd say CBB is a three and Bobby is an 8. There's no comparison. Firing Bobby was foolish and Jeff should pay for it.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on March 03, 2017, 08:38:31 pm

He's just in over his head. The SEC is full of elite coaches. Elite coaches like BOBBY ... Make adjustments DURING the game. CBB is lost as soon as the opponent makes adjustments. I still watch Bobby coach at Louisville and I have seen some genius coaching adjustments on offense and defense this year. Does he win them all.. Of course not. But he was a perfect fit because of what he could do with a three star guy. Jeff crapped the bed and needs to be shown the door. I don't think he has thick enough skin to deal with the type of intense guy we need to win in the SEC. He's going to be "uncomfortable" with how tough the coach is on the kids during practice .. And "uncomfortable" with all the cursing the head coach is doing. And "uncomfortable" with how demanding a guy who wants to win is going to be.

He wants his laid back affable flip flop and reggae dude. Until Jeff is gone football here is going to be in the crapper. Thats not to say that CBB can't have a good season here. But he's going to have some VERY good assistants to do it, because he's not smart enough for the job.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: gchamblee on March 06, 2017, 06:47:31 am
This is funny. CBP did not get us to an elite level. He could hardly ever beat the really good teams. He never beat bama. He got to beat up on a weak aTm team pre manziel, pre sec and pre sumlin. He nearly lost and did lose to some really bad teams. The sugar bowl loss was the height of his career. I loved our offense under CBP and I was sad to see him go, but your view of his accomplishments is a real stretch away from reality. CBB has gotten closer to beating saban than CBP did.

Yeah but his weak Louisville team beat up on the same SEC version of the Aggies that your guy hasn't beat in four tries lol.. Nice try.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: gchamblee on March 06, 2017, 06:51:19 am
Be careful with that. There are a few here that would welcome cheating for the short term glory regardless of the long term penalties. We have fans that mock integrity and get upset about our improved GPA.

The only cheating that CBP was doing was on his wife. Its funny how all you guys who were complaining about Bobby's recruiting back in the day now try to act like the man was Art Briles. Bobby ran a clean program. If he hadn't we would be under investigation. Were we or are we ? Nope. SO just stop you are embarrassing yourself.

southeasthog

"I'm very proud of our football team. Really happy for our seniors," Petrino said. "It was a hard, hard game. It was certainly not easy, but we just kept battling."

"I'm really happy for Alex to come in and kick the winning field goal. I think that's a great way to finish the season," Petrino said.                Second season for Petrino. Sounds like he was pretty happy. Maybe even "ecstatic." Like Beliema was in his second season Texas Bowl Win.
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

factchecker

Quote from: Timfromlittlerockhog on March 06, 2017, 09:54:11 am
Yeah but his weak Louisville team beat up on the same SEC version of the Aggies that your guy hasn't beat in four tries lol.. Nice try.

"Beat Up"

Louisville won the Music City bowl 27-21 against AnM's 3rd string QB (former walk-on Jake Hubenak).

Earlier that season Booby got beat by Gus and Auburn.  The same team we "beat up" later the season.

If you want to play the who beat who game, let's not forget that Booby got DESTROYED this past season by Houston who got beat by SMU who got killed by TCU..... who we of course beat.

OR you could use a shorter path and cite that Booby got beat by Kentucky, yes..... Kentucky.  Kentucky got beat by Florida 45-7.  We beat Florida 31-10.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS