Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tommy Tuberville is NOT running for governor in 2018

Started by jbcarol, February 22, 2017, 07:27:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/834207353935368193

QuoteTuberville, who coached at Auburn from 1999-2008, recently resigned after a 4-year tenure at Cincinnati. 62-year-old Arkansas native has no political experience, but that's not necessarily a dealbreaker ...

Robert Bentley's second term as Alabama governor expires in January 2019. State law allows no more than two consecutive terms as governor, though given the scandals that have riddled his administration of late, it's unlikely he could win a third term anyway.

So could Tuberville be elected in Alabama given the polarizing nature of the Iron Bowl rivalry? He was known to tweak Crimson Tide fans during the Tigers' six-game winning streak over their arch-rivals, and it's possible those fans haven't forgotten.

Tuberville has certainly got name recognition.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/836353377797877760

QuoteAlabama: Nick Saban

Arkansas: Darren McFadden
Coming up with a candidate for governor in Arkansas was difficult. ...We opted for the greatest athlete in Arkansas history. McFadden earned fans across the state with his running ability before — who's to say he couldn't run a campaign just as effectively?

Louisiana: Ed Orgeron
It remains to be seen whether Orgeron will be a success at LSU. Regardless, "Coach Eaux" is the perfect personality for the state.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/847837272921845762

QuoteTommy Tuberville sure sounds like a guy who is planning to run for governor.

He's trekking across the state. He's polling the demographics. He's meeting with community leaders, and listening to what people have to say.

I had a lot of questions, but the first one seemed like the most pertinent: Are you crazy?

"Do you think I am?" Tuberville asked.

"I don't know, man," I said. "I see what's happening with our governor right now..."

"Got one in jail," Tuberville said.

"It's just a weird arena," I said.

And Tuberville thinks he can thrive in it, and use his skills to benefit the people of the Alabama. But why?

Tuberville, who coached the Auburn football team to many victories against Alabama, is now back in the state, and living in Auburn. Everyone there loves him. He's got a house on the lake, and a house in town. It's a good life, but he's not comfortable.

"I'm not doing it just to have a job, and I'm not doing it for ego -- if I do it --

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi