Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Former TCU WR Kolby Listenbee Sues School, Gary Patterson for Abuse, Harassment

Started by OneTuskOverTheLine™, February 02, 2018, 12:29:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

How many guys do we have choosing between Arkansas and TCU right now?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

hobhog

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hobhog on February 02, 2018, 01:22:21 pm
Sorry if I'm a little skeptical on merits of this lawsuit.....
Pretty valid argument if you ask me. If there is a known recovery timeline that is overlooked it may not be too difficult to argue it.

Hoggish1

Ok, so you're a little skeptical.  What's your rationale for that?  Sounds like the kid put out some strong documentation.  Seems believable.  Making such strong accusations are not without danger to him and those close to him.  But not for you, ay?

RazorPiggie

My take: Doesn't look like he is going to make it in the NFL so why not make some money on the side.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 02, 2018, 03:16:04 pm
My take: Doesn't look like he is going to make it in the NFL so why not make some money on the side.
My Take: Looks like the reason he is not going to make it into the NFL is that piece of metal in his pelvic region. Why he had to get it is a very logical question. If the answer is because his recovery was cut short by coercion that's libelous. Also a coach who would do that is a true POS in my opinion, and I hope anyone looking at TCU will take a long look at this situation...

widespreadsooie

East TN HAWG

It's not like TCU made millions off of his back and 84 of his friends.  This is big business and years ago this would not be a big deal, but times have changed.  I can see how athletes could be pressured to come back early when millions are at stake for these coaches. 

Hogindasticks

This is a problem....school coaches and teachers are supposed to be held in a higher merit, but when it comes to money....they are worse than others sometimes since they are paid higher, they have more at stake for their jobs.   They will do ANYTHING to keep them.  Including screw kids, politics, whatever it takes to keep that money ball rolling.  It happens in the high schools as well....so don't even think that Colleges wouldn't be even worse in a case like this.  Pushing kids to perform is a coaches job...a coach can take it too far by dogging a player out if he thinks he can get the player back going quicker or dig at their pride to try to get the player to toughen up to play sooner....

Vantage 8 dude

In today's legal environment I wouldn't necessarily bet on anything being deemed having merit or not. Far crazier things have happened literally every day.

CDBHawg

If you can't play or don't want to play, don't play.

If you don't want a needle stuck in you, say no.

Vantage 8 dude

I don't know for certain whether or not he would have made it in the league or not. And neither do you. Let's see what further evidence or proof is offered or given before any of us render a decision. Personally I have no clear idea, certainly not at this stage.

War Boar

If you read the comments after the article, someone said he ran track after football season ended. Was he pressured to do that too? Can't help his case.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Ark13 on February 03, 2018, 11:06:07 am
If you read the comments after the article, someone said he ran track after football season ended. Was he pressured to do that too? Can't help his case.
Didn't see that, and No; That will NOT help his case.

Paul

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 02, 2018, 04:40:57 pm
It's not like TCU DIDN'TmaKe millions off of his back and 84 of his friends.  This is big business and years ago this would not be a big deal, but times have changed.  I can see how athletes could be pressured to come back early when millions are at stake for these coaches.
FIFY

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's what many people said over the years about the goings on at Michigan State.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 05, 2018, 02:08:16 pm
Why don't we wait for more facts before start making assumptions.
Exactly my point above. Yep, I hate forming any kind of conclusions just based on whatever information has been released thus far.

DeltaBoy

He was not good enough to get a big NFL payday and he is just gold digging.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: East TN HAWG on February 02, 2018, 04:40:57 pm
It's not like TCU made millions off of his back and 84 of his friends.  This is big business and years ago this would not be a big deal, but times have changed.  I can see how athletes could be pressured to come back early when millions are at stake for these coaches. 

Are you kidding. Years ago they were pressured much more to come back early due to less medical attention adnless emphasis on safety and such. Athletes today have much better medical care than years ago.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi