Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 12, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Would you give him a shot?  Listened to The First Team this morning and They mentioned him as possible candidate for Oregon State and Arizona.  I'm thinking he might be eyeing Florida.

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2017, 01:21:31 pm
Would you give him a shot?  Listened to The First Team this morning and They mentioned him as possible candidate for Oregon State and Arizona.  I'm thinking he might be eyeing Florida.
Let me get this straight: you are joking, right ??? ??? ::)

The_Iceman

Razorbackers

ZERO

Going to Oregon State would be career suicide for that guy. He'd fail for sure at that hole. That would be two P5 schools he's failed at, a P5 school he unceremoniously bailed on, a G5 school he bailed on, and a ruined relationship with Alabama through his troll antics. All within a decade. He's going to eventually stop running out of chances.

I would think he'd just stay put at FAU until he built them into something respectable. Then maybe a more prestigious place would give him another shot. I have no idea why Arkansas would hire him, or why anyone in charge would think he'd be the answer. He had one good season at USC before he got canned. He's just been mediocre and a loudmouth aside from that.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

247Hog

Nope no way.

I can see him end up at Ole Miss though.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

STLhawg

Jimbob111

AYSM? Kiffin? You serious, Clark? That's a TERRIBLE idea. Seriously terrible. He couldn't win at Tenner or USC...He needs someone holding his leash to work out...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 12, 2017, 01:22:37 pm
Let me get this straight: you are joking, right ??? ??? ::)

Absolutely not, if you said he can't coach I would ask you if you were kidding.  Other stuff ya we can talk.  As soon as he grows up he will be a very good coach somewhere. 

The problem with us fans is we seem to latch one to one thing we don't like about a coach and it NO!   Everyone has a reason but one day one of them will be our coach.   

No, he's not high on my list I just wanted to put him in the conversation because he might be one of the more established(known)names that is actually a possibility.

DeltaBoy

The only reason is his wife.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 01:41:10 pm

I believe she's now an ex.  Regardless, hiring Lane Kiffin here would be the equivalent of having a head coach whose office is a moving van.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 12, 2017, 01:33:34 pm
Absolutely not, if you said he can't coach I would ask you if you were kidding.  Other stuff ya we can talk.  As soon as he grows up he will be a very good coach somewhere. 

The problem with us fans is we seem to latch one to one thing we don't like about a coach and it NO!   Everyone has a reason but one day one of them will be our coach.   

No, he's not high on my list I just wanted to put him in the conversation because he might be one of the more established(known)names that is actually a possibility.
Has nothing at all to do whether or not he can coach. Has virtually everything to do with his being the slimmest of dirt bags. You think we have problems now......why do you think he's jumped around almost as often as CBP ???

GunnerHawg70

I think that is a resounding no...Would rather keep CBB onboard if that was the choice.

King Kong

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

NoogaHog

Joey Freshwater to Joey Saltwater to Joey Backwater. Nah, I'm good. He can stay in Florida.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NaturalStateReb

"Please Lord, let this happen"
--All Other SEC Programs
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

JaketheSnake

Give ol Lane and his wife a call and see what they think.

Lane should stay at FAU until Florida comes calling, maybe after this season.  I don;t know if he is solid enough to help us at least be the team we can be.

Athog

No!

TNRazorbacker

Hell Naw. He's a great OC not a head coach.

The Hawg Marshal

He needs to go back to the west coast, and stay there.

Hawghiggs

He should just stay at FAU.

farmhawg

hell damn no.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Qui Gon Jinn

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

NuttinItUp

How about another current coach in Florida?

Charlie Strong.

Has USF undefeated and in the top 25. He proved he can win at a big program at Louisville.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

His kid already already suffers from "Resting A-Hole Face"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DoctorSusscrofa

I just don't like his first name. It doesn't sound like a coach. I'd prefer a Chip or Buster, or maybe a Spike.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Pork Twain

I swear that some people have Kiffin, Miles and Richt at the top of their lists and I just do not get it.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lasthog

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on October 12, 2017, 09:18:23 pm
Hell Naw. He's a great OC not a head coach.

Well, Bama's offense seems to have managed to survive his departure.

smb

GeorgiaHOG

Wild Bill Hog

RedRock

The second best part of the pic is the dude in the blue shirt pointing at her.  Freaky

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 12, 2017, 01:43:04 pm
I believe she's now an ex.  Regardless, hiring Lane Kiffin here would be the equivalent of having a head coach whose office is a moving van.
LOL!

hogsolutely

not a bad Idea just not really sure.

King Kong

What he is doing in one year at FAU is amazing

NuttinItUp

He can't even win at FAU.

NWAHog479

He's 6-3 at FAU, can recruit, has experience at Tennessee and Alabama... You could do MUCH worse.

Not in my top 5, but not a terrible idea. He's not Jeff's kind of guy though.

Dominicanhog

Would be hard to swallow but I'd understand why he was chosen and would rally around the Hog... He's got a lot of experience at a young age, recruits everywhere and might be about to grow up in life.. a bit of adversity will do that...

Hoggie17

I think he has grown up enough to a big time SEC coach.  He thinks out of the box when it comes to recruiting.  He landed a helicopter at at a HS game to recruit a young man. I  thought it was cool.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 06, 2017, 08:29:22 am
He can't even win at FAU.

Hope you were being sarcastic since he's 6-3.  To put this in perspective they went 3-9 for the last 3 years.  So bash him for his attitude, maturity, personality, but don't say he can't win at FAU. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

henri2

Quote from: NWAHog479 on November 06, 2017, 08:32:56 am
He's 6-3 at FAU, can recruit, has experience at Tennessee and Alabama... You could do MUCH worse.
This.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 06, 2017, 11:46:12 am
Hope you were being sarcastic since he's 6-3.  To put this in perspective they went 3-9 for the last 3 years.  So bash him for his attitude, maturity, personality, but don't say he can't win at FAU.

He's never coached a losing team in college .. a winning record every year, every school.. the guy is a winner.. it's about the person...

The_Iceman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 06, 2017, 11:46:12 am

Sarcastic? No. Just ignorant.

The Hawg Marshal

Kiffin wouldn't be my top pick, but he would be in the top 5.

Cinco de Hogo

LOL,  seem to be a slight change in temperament since I first posted this.  Desperation?

TrueBlue

Quote from: Dominicanhog on November 06, 2017, 12:07:19 pm
He's never coached a losing team in college .. a winning record every year, every school.. the guy is a winner.. it's about the person...

As far as person and personality, he would be a step up from CBP. CBP won, but he was a jerk to a lot of people.

The recruits would actually love Kiffin.