Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What recruits do we lose or keep?

Started by JayHog, October 26, 2017, 01:18:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JayHog

If BB is fired or resigns, who is firm in their commitment and we keep regardless?  Who do we lose?  I haven't seen this topic discussed.

HardingHog

Here's the list:

Bumper Pool
Connor Noland
Byron Hanspard
Tanner McCalister
Emmit Gooden
Sean Flanigan
Luke Jones
Jeremy Gibson
John Mincey
Isaiah Nichols
Noah Gatlin

My guess is that we'll keep everyone. I think the Arkansas kids all want to play for Arkansas regardless. Luke Jones has other P5 options, and may think about it but stays in the end.
Pool is a lock in my opinion

I think Hanspard is also about a sure bet to come

I believe McCalister sticks with us. No reason to feel this way in particular, but I could see him stepping back and evaluating his options. Also could see him taking a scholarship from someone who gives him shot to play RB

Gibson may think about it, but we're his best offer by a mile. Could also see him leaving after a short stint with the team depending on the offense our theoretical new coach runs

With Mincey I don't really have any solid prediction. Mr Tanner Stahl would be the guy to ask when it comes to Mincey. I just feel like he chose Arkansas and just shut it down from there, so I'll say he remains committed

Gooden has been everyone's mystery man this whole time. I have felt confident he'll stick throughout and I don't think that will change with or without Coach B

rohnjobus

I think you will have a good idea on what kids are thinking if they sign in the December period.  If they sign in December we do not have to let them out of their LOI just because a coach is fired.  We probably would though.   I would say anyone who signs in December is coming regardless of who the coach is.  Anyone who deosn't sign in December is probably waiting to see how the situation plays out and who a new coach might be.   

Wildhog

I can't remember ever keeping an entire commit list through a coaching change. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977