Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would a loss to NM State...

Started by STLhawg, September 28, 2017, 10:12:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

niels_boar

Quote from: GuvHog on September 29, 2017, 04:03:25 pm
......and were recently beaten by Troy.

...who won 10 games last year, one loss being by 6 at Clemson.  Troy is 3-1.  They aren't a bad football team.  We better be ready against NMSU.  There's a big difference between should win and so bad that the loss is an immediate firing offense in the middle of the season. A loss would obviously make it more likely that he gets fired at the end of the season, though.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

LZH

Got a text today from a FOTP saying that if we lose this one, BB is fired immediately and Long is to begin packing his bags.

Of course that's over the top, especially Long being canned in September, but it sure could start a chain reaction. People are pissed.

hog.goblin

Quote from: tbhogfan on September 28, 2017, 10:31:02 am
No.  There would be some conversation about eventually getting breaks, and how great the concessions are at RRS and what a great show they put on, how they have hashtags for social media, and how there are things more important than winning, like luxury boxes. 

This is a totally irrational response.  There is no way the concessions can get back up to "great" this quickly...

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2017, 10:06:18 pm
Got a text today from a FOTP saying that if we lose this one, BB is fired immediately and Long is to begin packing his bags.

Of course that's over the top, especially Long being canned in September, but it sure could start a chain reaction. People are pissed.

I don't think the AD would be going anywhere.  I will agree that a loss today could cause a big ripple at all levels below AD.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on September 29, 2017, 10:06:18 pm

IF it is truly that bad at this point, it won't require a loss. If it is even close, the chains will start to move. Long wouldn't be fired immediately and I doubt that Bielema would either. End of season maybe, if then.
Go Hogs Go!

cal34

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on September 28, 2017, 02:20:30 pm
Bielema will just talk about how close we are! Can't you guys see how close we are!!!!? So close..

Pull out the old tearful press conference and a few it's coming quotes and he's ok.  He could lose the rest of his games and be here next year.