Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How would you rate Arkansas' chances at a Sweet 16 run?

Started by Sweet Feet, March 12, 2018, 06:33:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What chance do you give Arkansas to make the Sweet 16

100%
75%
50%
25%
0%

steveaustin69

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 12, 2018, 01:32:39 pm
At least I'm not a dick, which there's a 100% chance you are.

Rather be a dick that can do basic math than a nice guy who can't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 12, 2018, 01:20:37 pm
Apparently the OP because he asked what Arkansas' chances (probability) of a Sweet 16 run are, Mitch.

Well Rich, you may know how to use a calculator but my little ass will post you up on the block and clown you. Percentage on that? 100

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 12, 2018, 01:36:22 pm

It ain't math Horatio.

It's a game.

PRJ

steveaustin69

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on March 12, 2018, 01:36:32 pm
Well Rich, you may know how to use a calculator but my little ass will post you up on the block and clown you. Percentage on that? 100

PRJ

Unless you played college ball or are in the 1% of male height I'd envision it going like this:

AHiD

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 12, 2018, 01:26:00 pm
I say we have a 40% chance of losing the first round and 70% chance of losing the second round.  That is 110% chance of not making it to the Sweet 16 or 60% of winning the first and 30% chance of winning the second for a 90% chance of going to the Sweet 16.  Depends on how you want to add the two games up.  I want to be positive so I am going with a 90% chance of us going to the Sweet 16.  I really like those odds.

This isn't how statistics work lol
My name...is Jerruh

OkieBack

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 12, 2018, 01:56:27 pm
This isn't how statistics work lol

Geez, I hope my old UofA Finite Math professor isn't on Hogville reading this stuff.  He'd be saying "Years...wasted!!"

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 12, 2018, 01:36:22 pm
Well, I hope I can do simple math since I have to calculate medication rates for my patients. Although, I don't deal with probabilities on a daily or even yearly basis. I deal with questions like..My patient has an order for Heparin bolus 10,000 units followed by 18 Units/Kg/Hr. I have a Heparin vial labeled 5000 units/ml. What will I give my patient for the initial bolus? What rate would I set the pump at for a continuous drip if I had a 1L bag of NS with 50,000 units of heparin?
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 12, 2018, 01:50:12 pm
Unless you played college ball or are in the 1% of male height I'd envision it going like this:

You might want to rethink that.

PRJ

rhames

For those of you saying 50/50 we either will or won't are still incorrect.

If you believe that you are saying 25% chance.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

nwahogfan1

If the 100% guys had guts they could make lots of money in Vegas if successful but I bet their gutless..

hawgfan4life

Dark Helmet Hog

March 12, 2018, 10:22:34 pm #61 Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:43:46 pm by Dark Helmet Hog
Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 12, 2018, 10:32:19 am
Pick 'em with Butler. Maybe a 40% shot against Purdue.

.5*.4=.2≈25%

So you're telling me there's a chance?

HouSwine

I would rate the Hog's chances of making a sweet 16 run at...............(drum roll)....better than in the previous 10+ years.

Sweet Feet

logic

Quote from: Sweet Feet on March 12, 2018, 06:33:58 am
Your take
None of the the listed. Arkansas has a 14 to 18 percent chance.  46.5 chance of beating Butler times 33% percent chance of beating Pudue = 15%.

hawgball40

I picked 50%.

We all know that butler is criminally underrated, and in fact the best 10 seed in the tourney. So i think that will likely be a tough game. If we get hot early and coast to a victory, we probably have enough in the tank to knock off Purdue. If we don't and have to lean on our big 3, who knows. Maybe we lose to Butler. Maybe we beat Butler and get our doors blown off by Purdue. Or maybe we beat Butler and squeak out a close one over a very good but beatable Purdue team. Alot of ifs. But my gut says we have a 50-50 chance.

PygmalionEffect2

Glad I read this thread.  Helps me to come to grips with how Trump was able to carry the State.

Couple of anomalies.  Epiphany that McKinney Hog might actually be a woman since this poster shows above average intelligence, reasoning skills, and common sense, yet is not great at math.

If Steve voted for Trump that's going to be a pretty big hit to my political hypothesis.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on March 13, 2018, 09:37:31 pm
Glad I read this thread.  Helps me to come to grips with how Trump was able to carry the State.

Couple of anomalies.  Epiphany that McKinney Hog might actually be a woman since this poster shows above average intelligence, reasoning skills, and common sense, yet is not great at math.

If Steve voted for Trump that's going to be a pretty big hit to my political hypothesis.
Or maybe I'm a male who doesn't deal with probabilities in everyday life, like say an insurance agent would, but if my math is off determining dosage calculations for patients they can die. Unlike an insurance agent who may not be able to save you 15% by switching you to geico if their math is off. Also, I got an A in my statistics class but again, I don't deal in probabilities.  Sorry, if that ruined your epiphany and I can't speak for Steve but you could be right about him.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

yoyog

Your "patients" are lucky that you're not make decisions on their treatment and only doing basic unit conversions. You really need to brush up on basic math. Scary.

HognotinMemphis

Hogs won't get by Butler. They have one of the top 10 or 15 players in the country. He'll rock us.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: yoyog on March 13, 2018, 11:27:46 pm
Your "patients" are lucky that you're not make decisions on their treatment and only doing basic unit conversions. You really need to brush up on basic math. Scary.
Not really..what do I need to brush up on? Multiplying two numbers? Also, do I come to your job and complain that you put to much ketchup on my burger? You don't need to be concerned about my math skills skippy. Your sentence structure needs work but I doubt that interferes with asking "you want fries with that?"

Since it's simple math would you like to answer this?

Well, I hope I can do simple math since I have to calculate medication rates for my patients. Although, I don't deal with probabilities on a daily or even yearly basis. I deal with questions like..My patient has an order for Heparin bolus 10,000 units followed by 18 Units/Kg/Hr. I have a Heparin vial labeled 5000 units/ml. What will I give my patient for the initial bolus? What rate would I set the pump at for a continuous drip if I had a 1L bag of NS with 50,000 units of heparin?

hog.goblin

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 12, 2018, 01:04:01 pm
So, if we beat Butler and I have say they have a 33% chance of beating Purdue to make it to the sweet 16, then that percentage drops to 21% because we beat Butler? Also, if we lose to Butler then we still have a 21%, which BTW is the same percentage if we do beat butler, to make it to the sweet 16?

The odds of landing heads on a coin flip is 50/50

The odds of landing heads on any given coin flip, regardless of the previous flips, is still 50/50

However, the odds of landing on heads two consecutive flips is only 25%.

hawgrunner

Quote from: hog.goblin on March 14, 2018, 07:07:11 am
The odds of landing heads on a coin flip is 50/50

The odds of landing heads on any given coin flip, regardless of the previous flips, is still 50/50

However, the odds of landing on heads two consecutive flips is only 25%.

yep 50/50

RazorSax

March 15, 2018, 03:30:10 pm #76 Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:41:31 pm by RazorSax
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 14, 2018, 12:25:29 am
Not really..what do I need to brush up on? Multiplying two numbers? Also, do I come to your job and complain that you put to much ketchup on my burger? You don't need to be concerned about my math skills skippy. Your sentence structure needs work but I doubt that interferes with asking "you want fries with that?"

Since it's simple math would you like to answer this?

So you call Steve a dick because he called out your bad basic math, and then you reply to this guy assuming he's a fast food employee. Real tactful.

So you got corrected. Take it and learn something. Don't start tossing insults like a prepubescent. Your conversions that you talk so highly of are basic. There are questions like that littering the PTCB exam for Pharmacy Technicians. Many of the make $9/hr and can figure those out. That's similar to fast food pay at Braum's.

Learn some humility. Sometimes it's better to pick your battles. In this case, I would have walked away. Your feelings were hurt and this got kind of awkward, lol.

jst01

Anywho...isn't there a tourney going on??  You guys compare brains later.

steveaustin69

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 14, 2018, 12:25:29 am
Not really..what do I need to brush up on? Multiplying two numbers? Also, do I come to your job and complain that you put to much ketchup on my burger? You don't need to be concerned about my math skills[insert comma]skippy. Your sentence structure needs work[insert comma] but I doubt that interferes with asking "you want fries with that?"

Since it's simple math would you like to answer this? [This should be followed directly by your question. Your paragraph structure needs work.]

I find it comical you critiqued someone's sentence structure when you used the wrong form of  "to/too" as well as other errors I've highlighted for your reference.

This basic level of probability is middle school math; we're not discussing R squared values here.

I'd hope someone who so adamantly wants to prove their intelligence by listing off occupational jargon could perform middle school level math.

rhames

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhames

Mckinnyhog, what is it that you do?

Also Steve Austin you are one of my favorite posters here.

hawgball40

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 15, 2018, 04:44:22 pm
I find it comical you critiqued someone's sentence structure when you used the wrong form of  "to/too" as well as other errors I've highlighted for your reference.

This basic level of probability is middle school math; we're not discussing R squared values here.

I'd hope someone who so adamantly wants to prove their intelligence by listing off occupational jargon could perform middle school level math.
Let's see if he has the humility to respond without a rebuttal fueled purely by cognitive dissonance.

steveaustin69

Quote from: rhames on March 15, 2018, 05:06:44 pm
Mckinnyhog, what is it that you do?

Also Steve Austin you are one of my favorite posters here.

Appreciate it. Don't think too many feel that way ha.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 15, 2018, 04:44:22 pm

Is he your drunk cousin or your alternative screen name? Either way congrats to you and how you continue to prove how much of a dick you are. You're a pretender, go sell some insurance. Anytime you'd like to challenge my IQ over yours go right ahead dick, seeing that middle school math is your strong suit. I notice you couldn't, with your infinite wisdom, solve the problem. I learned that math in grade school to solve the problem, evidently it's to complicated for you.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: hawgball40 on March 15, 2018, 05:52:58 pm
Let's see if he has the humility to respond without a rebuttal fueled purely by cognitive dissonance.
So, you can't solve it either..figures.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: RazorSax on March 15, 2018, 03:30:10 pm
So you call Steve a dick because he called out your bad basic math, and then you reply to this guy assuming he's a fast food employee. Real tactful.

So you got corrected. Take it and learn something. Don't start tossing insults like a prepubescent. Your conversions that you talk so highly of are basic. There are questions like that literring the PTCB exam for Pharmacy Technicians. Many of the make $9/hr and can figure those out. That's similar to fast food pay at Braum's.

Learn some humility. Sometimes it's better to pick your battles. In this case, I would have walked away. Your feelings were hurt and this got kind of awkward, lol.
I already conceded, then a guy who can't even type a coherent sentence decided to chime in. Maybe read the thread first. Also, if you think I care about what your opinion in the matter is, you're clearly misguided. And don't give me, well you responded crap. Steve took the time to respond and posted some stupid meme, thinking he's clearly superior to me. Well he's not. Most guys who do that have an inferiority complex. Also, I'm not a pharmacy tech, because if you knew anything about the medical field, which you don't, Pharm techs don't push meds. So, keep guessing and maybe you'll show your intelligence and get it right.

pigture perfect

Quote from: steveaustin69 on March 15, 2018, 08:50:46 pm
Appreciate it. Don't think too many feel that way ha.
especially since you have a smite count of 666 and no one will change it. 😂
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

steveaustin69

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 15, 2018, 11:28:27 pm
Is he your drunk cousin or your alternative screen name? Either way congrats to you and how you continue to prove how much of a dick you are. You're a pretender, go sell some insurance. Anytime you'd like to challenge my IQ over yours go right ahead dick, seeing that middle school math is your strong suit. I notice you couldn't, with your infinite wisdom, solve the problem. I learned that math in grade school to solve the problem, evidently it's to complicated for you.

How do I correct you on the incorrect usage of to/too and you use it incorrectly again in your response?

10k/5k=2 vials initially. I could be wrong, but I believe you forgot to give me an additional variable to solve your rate question.  I'll assume this is an average male at 75kg. 27ml/hr

What would you value Company A's investment in Company B in USD using a last twelve months revenue market approach and a 30% discount on equity?

Company B:
LTM Revenue: 3B
Fx Rate: DZD-USD = 114.8
Comp Range = .5-2x
Net Debt: 26M

The company has failed to meet budgeted revenue projections in the prior 3 years to assist you in selecting your comparable multiple.

I really don't care if you can solve this problem, but for your information it requires middle school math.  Also, for the second time fix your signature line.  Quoting yourself using incorrect grammar doesn't help in your "I'm smart! I'm smart!" hissy fits.

rhames

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 15, 2018, 11:28:27 pm

Why is it that you do?

rhames

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 15, 2018, 11:44:05 pm
I already conceded, then a guy who can't even type a coherent sentence decided to chime in. Maybe read the thread first. Also, if you think I care about what your opinion in the matter is, you're clearly misguided. And don't give me, well you responded crap. Steve took the time to respond and posted some stupid meme, thinking he's clearly superior to me. Well he's not. Most guys who do that have an inferiority complex. Also, I'm not a pharmacy tech, because if you knew anything about the medical field, which you don't, Pharm techs don't push meds. So, keep guessing and maybe you'll show your intelligence and get it right.

Ok. So enlighten us. What is it that you do?

jst01

Mods must be on vacation b/c this thread hasn't gotten cringe worthy.

RazorSax

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 15, 2018, 11:44:05 pm

You talk about reading comprehension, and then fail to comprehend my post that you read. I know PHTs don't push medicine. I never said they do. I said they learn to figure out conversions. The PTCB exam has several questions dealing with hospitals and IVs/drips. It doesn't take a doctor to solve your conversion. Many $9/hr pharmacy/hospital techs can do it without issue. My opinion was an outsider's point of view and I gave simple advice to just walk away from this one. Nothing more.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 14, 2018, 12:21:24 am
Hogs won't get by Butler. They have one of the top 10 or 15 players in the country. He'll rock us.
bump.