Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Bassmaster Classic this weekend (Guntersville)

Started by hogbud, February 20, 2014, 09:18:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

The best anglers on the best lake in the country this weekend. Arkansas represented by Mark Davis (Mt. Ida), Stephen Browning (Hot Springs), and Doug Thompson (Mabelvale). Records predicted to be broken and 5 lb. average projected to win despite brutal winter down south.  You can follow live results on bassmaster.com. Would love to see Arkie win but my pick is Randall Tharp.

Chuck Boarris

Randall is my pick as well, but KVD always shows up on Guntersville. It's going to be a slugfest, and I'm ready for it to get started.

hogbud

Day one results: Lake muddy due to overnight storms
1. Randall Tharp  27 lbs / 8 oz.
2. Edwin Evers 26.13
3. David Walker 24.13
4. Casey Ashley 23.2
T4 Fred Roumbanis 23.2 Including big bass of day (9.3)
*Oklahoma anglers strong showing including Evers, Roumbanis, Jason Christie (7th), Tommie Biffle (9th). All Arkansas anglers near bottom - fire the coach!
Others...KVD (27th), Ike (30th), Skeet (49th), GMan (last)

hogbud

At the end of day two only 1 oz. separates the leaders. One more day to go and it's wide open.
1st Edwin Evers 47.6 lbs. Is this his time?
2nd Randall Tharp 47.5  he lost almost 2 hrs today with lower unit problems
3rd Ott Defoe 43.5.
4th Jason Christie 42.14  He hitched a ride to classic with leader Evers and had friend deliver his boat from FLW tourney last week in Florida. Good strategy talk!
5th Paul Mueller an unknown federation guy who sacked 32 lbs today and moved up from 47th.

Should be a fantastic finish and Guntersville not yielding overall results many expected.

BassinHawg

Don't look now but here comes Randy Howell! Pushing for a 30 pound bag today to come from behind.  Putting a lot of pressure on the leaders.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogbud

GoPro camera caught all of Howells action and it was awesome.

hogbud

Alabama's Randy Howell comes from 11th place to win with a 30 lb final day bag. He seems to be very popular winner among the pros.
Results
1. Howell 67.8.   
2. Peter Mueller 66.8
3. Edwin Evers 65.11
4. Ott Defoe 63.6
5. Randall Tharp 62.12

Congrats to Mabelvale angler Doug Thompson who overcame horrible start to finish 9th.

BassinHawg

Like they say, "You can't win the Classic on the first day but you can lose it!"

Proven by Mueller only having 3 fish on day 1, he will be rethinking that day over and over for some time.  That would suck big time.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

hogbud

I think Tharp may have lost it on second day when his lower unit outage caused him to miss a couple hours - always an excuse! Regardless, I'm now in the fishing mood and gearing up. I wish there was more fishing talk on hogville but everybody just wants to talk guns and hunting.

tophawg19

you'll find more willing as it warms up. just starta topic and see
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Chuck Boarris

Quote from: hogbud on February 23, 2014, 07:42:50 pm
I think Tharp may have lost it on second day when his lower unit outage caused him to miss a couple hours - always an excuse! Regardless, I'm now in the fishing mood and gearing up. I wish there was more fishing talk on hogville but everybody just wants to talk guns and hunting.

He supposedly broke off a 10lber as well on day 3.

Chuck Boarris

I was pulling for Paul Mueller after his massive second day. The only reason I knew of him before hand is because he's a fellow Dobyns Rods guy. He also has a pretty good youtube channel. 

dagnamit

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 23, 2014, 07:46:16 pm
you'll find more willing as it warms up. just starta topic and see
If people are waiting for the weather to warm up to fish they have missed out. I have been wearing out the bream and crappie all winter long. Big fat blue gills and coolers full of crappie.

Best time of the year for the bigger fish.

I don't bass fish much but a dude 3 weeks ago caught about 50 bass in one hole that was close to my crappie hole. His AVG size was around 2.5 lbs. He caught some around 5 and weighed one a little over 7. Fish have to eat just like we do.

dagnamit

Quote from: hogbud on February 23, 2014, 03:07:22 pm
GoPro camera caught all of Howells action and it was awesome.
Yes it was. When you are on them you are on them. He said it was the best fishing day of his life. I believe him.