Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

deer stand names

Started by howie76, December 05, 2013, 08:41:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

howie76

talking about stands to hunt this weekend with my brother and got to thinking about some of the names and wanted to hear some of yalls. I will give a few of ours.
cesspool
high voltage
rib stand
doll house
honeymoon

all kinds of reasons a stand gets a name.

mr4pt

McDaniel Spring
L shaped tree
The Point
The Shack
The Barn
two-fer
wild bill hollow
Hay Bale feeder

Yeah, we're not very imaginative

95_alum

tophawg19

buck run, car body , turkey ridge , raccoon blind ,
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Ugly Uncle

Preacher's
Trash pile
Nose bleed

Great thread. 
Retired Radio Host

trphog

Wayne Watson

Blue Bucket stand.  You guessed it...sat on a blue 5 gallon plastic bucket.

Was a great stand until my dad burned it down by accident.  (long story)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Victom

Few years back we had a wooden leanto stand that was 30 ft to the platform , it was known as " The Crows Nest ".

Tank Rack stand
Missing stand
5 Point Hill stand
Doe ally stand
Raccoon prairie stand

99toLife

HAWG MAFIA

Pear tree
7 minute stand
Jerrys ridge
Saddle stand
The dump
Dave and Bills
The Flat
The Corner
Three Fingers

yonklick455

Walnut tree
F.I.F.O.C. (field in front of camp)
Goat ridge
Bootnanny's
Graveyard
Gut pile
Cypress bottom
Haybarn
Ms. Helen's pond
Rice bottom
Fence row
Garden seat
Chimney hollow
Implement shed
Rifle range
Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 14, 2012, 09:10:36 am
no offense bro, but i don't think you've ever taken anything with a grain of salt in your life.

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 17, 2013, 10:11:51 pm
Man, the FCI that day was Threat Level Midnight.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Snipers Ridge
Blood valley
Gutshot corner
Buck lane
The Hilton
Meat pole stand
Potato Hill
Moccasin creek
Room .308

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Junkyard Hog

My old stand
Red Gate stand
Across the Road
Cemetery Stand
Big Branch
Wagon Hill
Gator Hole
Break neck stand

David†

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Cedar stand
Clover patch
Low road
Up top
Below the barn
Oak stand
Dave's stand
Carn's stand

DeltaBoy

December 07, 2013, 11:40:39 am #14 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:58:41 pm by DeltaBoy
The bucket stand  all that is left from the bucket is the bail that is grown into the tree since  the 1950s.

The 57 stand where someone had dragged the front cap of a 57 out in the woods.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OTTER

Hill Topper, Thicket Master, Creek Run, Buck Crossin', and Doe Way.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

King TUSKankahamun

Preachers stand
Pipe line
Tractor seat
Ellic hill
Entry's place
Cedar tree
Marijuana 
Point
Ridge
Spears place
Tootsies stand
Yellow stand
On top
Behind the barn
Glade stand
Gravel pit
Gap stand
On the flat
Little farm
The trailer
Then a bunch of places that are under something, under the wheat field under the water hole
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

PharmacistHog

The gallery
Big hickory
Bumblebee
Cajun stand
Chair in the tree
Prospect
Rug rat
The gym
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

bigchad

Whiskey still
Cardiac
Blue stump
Secret spot
Beer stand
Fire tower
Reitz
Honeymoon
Pumpkin patch
Dipping vat
Torn down church
Snakebite
Copperhead
Death Valley
Peanut stand
Salt lick

pigture perfect

December 07, 2013, 10:59:22 pm #19 Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:49:05 am by pigture perfect
We had one called the Nursery, Does and fawns all the time.
Nose Bleed
Big Piney
The Outhouse. Had a funnel and hose set-up that ran into the creek. It was set up for a man with kidney trouble. worked pretty well.
The ridge
The Unique stand. (You nique in and you nique out) Nothing illegal here just normally deer feeding just in front of it.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ArchitectHog

Gate Stand
Ed's Lane
Feeder Stand
Highline
Nell's lane
Hay meada
Swamp stand
North 40
Old Camp stand
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

CPO Hog

Ugly stand - every buck killed here had an ugly rack.
Knock out stand - a lean to stand. While putting it up it slipped off the tree and knocked out this dude's wife out cold.
Yellow Jacket stand - we were dragging a lean to stand througt the woods behind a 3 wheeler early one fall. PO'ed a yellow jacket nest. I've never seen a fat boy run so fast :)
Tag out stand - a deer super highway runs right beside it.

toshortrock

flying squirrell stand,wasp stand,i pod stand,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

ifghog

Nubbin Head stand...we put it up and 6 Nubs were killed by kids in the first 3 days....not good for the buck doe ratio I know....Also we had a stand called the white rock stand...you can figure that one out.

Virgil

Buzzard Stand
Honey Hole
Don Road
Bauxite Stand
The Lift Stand
80 acres Leaner
Bottoms Tower

Thats off the top of my head.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

cowboy_hawg

Bird House
Corner Stand
Shootin House
Buddy stand
middle stand
cowboy_hawg

RazorBassin

Doe Blind
Monster Marsh
First Deer of the year stand
The Climber Tree
Bobcat Creek
Turkey Field
The peninsula

HogScoutMaster

You guys are serious???  This one stood out the most.

Quote from: HAWG MAFIA on December 06, 2013, 02:50:17 pm
Three Fingers

WHAT? 
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

HillBillyHogfan

three-forks
split-toe's place
ranger-danger
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

hawgwild child

Eagle stand
Candy stand
buck alley

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Area 59
Don't Look Down
By the Plums
Over Here aka Orange Flag
Out Back
and my favorite, Pick me up on the way out

DOGALUM

Wintergreen
The Sleeping Stand
England
Paradise
Milk Shed
Waterfall
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Ugly Uncle

Got two new stands up in the last three days of the hunt.

1.  Buck's stand (in honor of my brother's son that the stand was bought for)

2.  I don't know what to call this stand yet.  It was a stand that no one has hunted in a few years because everyone thought it was rotted out.  My father-in-law and I went down to tear it down and put up a stand there and we found that it was actually in pretty good shape.  It needed to be turned to the side of the tree and some trees cut down around it that had grown up but for the most part it was in pretty good shape.

It sits below a pond, on a fence row where the deer have just a highway through there.  It will probably not have an official name until closer to next years hunt as stands seem to name themselves.  I imagine it will be "The Pond Stand" but can't be sure just yet.  It could be "The Back 40 stand," or "Cross roads stand" or "Red Oak stand" (the kind of tree it is on).

I find it interesting how stands get their names.  I know the OP already asked this, but any of you care to tell how your stands got their names?
Retired Radio Host

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 02, 2014, 03:19:36 am
I find it interesting how stands get their names.  I know the OP already asked this, but any of you care to tell how your stands got their names?

YES!!!! Especially "3 Fingers"
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

PorkerOinker

Shinn Field
Issac Field
The Bog
Green Patch
Forked Tree
Tuttle Gap
Barnes Field
Railroad Field
The Wind
Shop Branch
Vickers Holler
The Bee's Water
The Point
Wildcat Den
The Slough
Oaks Place
Middle Point
Halfway Ground
The Roy Flat
Seven
Bench Field
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

pigture perfect

Quote from: Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on January 02, 2014, 03:19:36 am
Got two new stands up in the last three days of the hunt.

1.  Buck's stand (in honor of my brother's son that the stand was bought for)

2.  I don't know what to call this stand yet.  It was a stand that no one has hunted in a few years because everyone thought it was rotted out.  My father-in-law and I went down to tear it down and put up a stand there and we found that it was actually in pretty good shape.  It needed to be turned to the side of the tree and some trees cut down around it that had grown up but for the most part it was in pretty good shape.

It sits below a pond, on a fence row where the deer have just a highway through there.  It will probably not have an official name until closer to next years hunt as stands seem to name themselves.  I imagine it will be "The Pond Stand" but can't be sure just yet.  It could be "The Back 40 stand," or "Cross roads stand" or "Red Oak stand" (the kind of tree it is on).

You don't know how special #1 is Ched. Thanks. It's hard hunting without him.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Ridge Hogs

Broke Nose
Blood Hill
The Highwayman
Ten Stand
Bone Stand
Lazyboy Stand
Old Timer Stand
Rock House Stand

root_hawg

Always hunt the same stand...the Sugar Shack

pigture perfect

I hunted a stand on the last day of season that I think I'll call the Death Trap. The chain came loose on the ladder stand, and if the landowner hadn't come with his tractor and bucket, I would either still be in the tree or dead at the bottom of the hill, or severly injured. I'll throw free advice here. Always wear a harness in tree stands. I usually do, but I had forgotten mine at home that afternoon. No excuse. I should have ground hunted.