Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Best Moments in Razorback Football History (through 2015)

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, January 24, 2018, 07:50:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Worth watching, a lot of old and not so old memorable moments that everyone will remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJz5FyCfcLQ
Go Hogs Go!

rtr

The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Wild Boarnado

Required viewing - Thanks for these awesome moments - So proud to be a Razorback! WPS!
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

supersaint

Ha! I'm in that video.  I'll show my son some day and he won't give a crap.   Lol.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Steef

Quote from: supersaint on January 24, 2018, 10:17:57 pm
Ha! I'm in that video.  I'll show my son some day and he won't give a crap.   Lol.

But we always will.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rtr on January 24, 2018, 08:39:52 pm
A lot of great memories.  Great find Muskogee.

And they open with that amazing and miraculous punt return vs. Tennessee by Joe Adams. Lots of great plays in that video.
Go Hogs Go!

welchog

Thanks so much for posting that.  Incredible feeling when you put the talent all together.  I remember so clearly hearing the PA announcer at the game proclaim, "Roland Sales has just broken the Orange Bowl rushing record." Then my Dad saying, "Boy I'd love  to climb down those stairs and shake that man's hand." Still get chills seeing him do it.

I hope we can add to that highlight reel.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: welchog on January 25, 2018, 09:52:32 am
Thanks so much for posting that.  Incredible feeling when you put the talent all together.  I remember so clearly hearing the PA announcer at the game proclaim, "Roland Sales has just broken the Orange Bowl rushing record." Then my Dad saying, "Boy I'd love  to climb down those stairs and shake that man's hand." Still get chills seeing him do it.

I hope we can add to that highlight reel.

I think that everyone can use some "feel good" moments from the past, right now.
Go Hogs Go!

supersaint

There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Bigfoot

Nice variety of highlights.

That 2000 Cotton Bowl thumping of Texas and the 1998 Kentucky game are two of my all time favorite games.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Bigfoot on January 26, 2018, 05:54:40 pm
Nice variety of highlights.

That 2000 Cotton Bowl thumping of Texas and the 1998 Kentucky game are two of my all time favorite games.

The guy who put that together did a very nice job. Some good stuff in those highlights. There are a lot of good views in there but the three I will remember from most recently was Alabama missing XP's, Joe Adams PR vs. Tennessee and a 100 yard Pick-6 on an INT. Still, so many highlight reel plays. Enjoyable.
Go Hogs Go!

Jowls

Too bad to Mallett to Cobi Hamilton pass for a TD vs LSU with 6 seconds left in the first half wasn't on there. That play blew everyone's mind.
I.D.I.C.

liljo

Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

oldfart

Quote from: Jowls on January 26, 2018, 08:23:33 pm
Too bad to Mallett to Cobi Hamilton pass for a TD vs LSU with 6 seconds left in the first half wasn't on there. That play blew everyone's mind.

yes one of my favorites.. petrino had saved that particular play for a year after reviewing film of the previous years game...

FATHAWG08

Wow, The Hogs have had some Big Time Ballers. Matt Jones was a Beast!!
I love off season Football!!

jimmiewkersh

The 81 Texas game in Fayetteville, as soon as I saw the ball go over the punter's head in the video I knew exactly where I was in the stands.  That ball was so hi I thought it would come up in the South End Zone bleachers with me.  That was an FCA ticket giveaway weekend and I received one of those tickets.  I do not think anyone around us sat down that day because everything bad for Texas happened in that end zone area.  Loved that game.

GuvHog

Those were indeed some huge memories. My favorite was sitting in Section 102 row 55 in 1999 watching Clint Stoerner gently cradle the ball in his arms and take a knee to preserve the big win over Tennessee. After what happened to him the year before in Knoxville, that was a beautiful sight of Poetic Justice!! That place went totally nuts!!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

BDSCT51

Many thanks for this! I hope in ten years we'll have another reel that has CFP/SEC championship highlights to revel in!
Bleeding Razorback Red

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: BDSCT51 on January 27, 2018, 08:01:22 am
Many thanks for this! I hope in ten years we'll have another reel that has CFP/SEC championship highlights to revel in!

I'll drink to that.!  +1
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

Steef

Quote from: Jowls on January 26, 2018, 08:23:33 pm

The NewEra

That was fun to watch.  Thanks for sharing.  I can't wait till we have that much excitement for games again and the belief that we will win.

I remember the amazing pre-game hype for almost all of those games.  Fun times!!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 25, 2018, 06:07:20 am
And they open with that amazing and miraculous punt return vs. Tennessee by Joe Adams. Lots of great plays in that video.

Agree...great stuff. I'm not sure the guy's caption—"Every big play, game, and moment in Arkansas Razorback History. Please tell me if I missed something because I don't think I did"—is totally accurate. We can all think of some personal faves that aren't in here. But still, a well-done piece and fun to see.

Re: the Joe Adams punt return. There are so many cool things that add to how spectacular that play was. One, our tickets are on the west side, near the 30. So all that craziness at the beginning was right in front of us. When Joe started backing up and doing the shimmy-shimmy, a Fort Smith dude who has seats next to me started yelling "NO, Joe, NO!"...when it looked like he'd lose 10 yards, then 15 yards. So funny. I can't watch that clip without hearing his voice in my head. There were 4 or 5 times during the return you just thought, well, he can't get out of THIS one.

Also, this play like many of these in the video, reminds you of where you were when they happened (in the stadium or in your living room) and who you shared them with. My father, who passed away in the Spring of 2013, was a season ticket holder. Even though he sat in the South Endzone, just knowing he saw some of these same incredible plays—like the Adams return, or a Matt Jones run, or a DMac run—makes watching them again even more meaningful.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Gonzo

Great video! Lots of wonderful memories in there, and plenty where I can recall being in attendance.

One notable omission imo (may have just missed it if it's in there) was the big TD to Teddy Barnes in the 75 A&M game in WMS, another I was fortunate to attend. I recall when I was attending UALR there was a McDs across the street that had a mural of that inside.

Go Hogs!

Inhogswetrust

The best moment ever in my opinion has to be Ken's punt return.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longtimeHogfan

I was there for some of those.  Definitely left me smiling.  Thank you!
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SoCal Hog

Thanks for posting this video. I really enjoyed it. Let's all hope this coming season adds a few more great plays that will go down in Hog History.
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

MuskogeeHogFan

I remember beating Tennessee and then seeing the goalposts down on Dickson Street. I had a date with a smart, beautiful blonde that night. She got away but the memory of that game will always be with me. I'll take the memory of that game and the goal posts coming down and being carried out, every time. A really special game and a special memory.

Go Hogs!
Go Hogs Go!

HognotinMemphis

I was enjoying watching that then I realized that at least half of the games that the highlights were from were losses for the Hogs. Took the fun out of individual great plays.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.