Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 hogs pre-season All-America per Athlon

Started by TebowHater, June 23, 2015, 06:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TebowHater

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Trio-of-Razorbacks-tabbed-as-All-American-by-Athlon-37901359

Henry first team
Tretola second team
Kirkland fourth team

Little bit more respect than Steele's All-SEC team. WPS!

SquidBilly

I like Tretola but he is not a better lineman that Kirkland.  Possible the off-season move to tackle is hurting on some of these preseason teams since no one has seen him play the position yet I guess.

TheRazorback500

JWill should have been there somewhere.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

MissippHog

Quote from: TebowHater on June 23, 2015, 06:19:30 pm
http://arkansas.247sports.com/Bolt/Trio-of-Razorbacks-tabbed-as-All-American-by-Athlon-37901359

Henry first team
Tretola second team
Kirkland fourth team

Little bit more respect than Steele's All-SEC team. WPS!
You mean Evan Engram is on the second team?  Oh, the travesty!
/sarcasm

SamBuckhart

Congratulations. Glad they are getting some respect. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

The Kig

Glad these guys are getting some pub.  Henry has a real shot at 1st team if Hogs perform as many expect.  Only real surprise was not seeing JWill/ AC on the list. 
Poker Porker

gmarv

when your one head of a two headed monster like jwill and ac are its hard to amass enough yards.don,t mean that one or both don,t deserve it.

Vantage 8 dude

Yet according to some "experts" the Hog's OL doesn't even rate in the top two or three in the conference. What a bunch of clowns!! :puke:

TomBigBeeHog

Oline should be salty. Skipper should be improved in his third year and if Kirkland is a quick study at tackle we should be ready to ground and pound all game between the tackles.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

TomBigBeeHog

Does anyone know what is the most All-Americans the Hogs have ever had on the football team in one year?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: TebowHater on June 24, 2015, 12:23:59 pm
Here is the full list

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/college-football-2015-all-america-team

Some perplexing picks by Athlon, especially considering Athlon usually does a good job with this type of list.

A perplexing aspect is the QB position.  Cody Kessler shouldn't have been one of the QBs, and Clemson's QB, Watson, should have been at least on the 4th Team Offense.

Another perplexing aspect is not having at least one of Clemson's WRs on the list (probably should have been Artavis Scott).  The Clemson WR Corps will be the best in the entire nation.  In fact, there is some talk over in that area of the country that the 2015 Clemson Offense may be the best Clemson Offense of all-time, which is saying something considering the offensive players they have had over time.

It is scary what they are going to be utilizing this season on Offense.

QB

Watson   5 Star

WRs

Cain   5 Star
Williams   4 Star
Peake   4 Star
Scott   4 Star (probably should have been 5 Star ranked)
Hopper   4 Star (probably should have been 5 Star ranked)
Thompson   4 Star

Cain was the #2 ranked in the nation WR in the entire 2015 Class.

BluegrassRazorback

You got to smile with all the pup love Arkansas is getting now

Happy that Athon recognized these three Razorbacks - CBB is doing it right and the future looks bright