Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU QB Jennings arrested for burglary

Started by Paul, June 18, 2015, 09:34:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

Quote from: LSUFan on June 19, 2015, 12:51:36 am
Dear 8 & 1/2lb baby Jesus, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dammmit.....you got lucky

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on June 19, 2015, 08:15:03 am
Before arriving at LSU, Harris was ranked by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and the fifth best dual-threat quarterback in his class.

"Dual threat QB" coming out of high school typically means "a guy who doesn't throw the ball well enough to excel at the position in college."  Or..."he out-athleted the overmatched competition in high school.  Good luck doing the same at the major college level."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 22, 2015, 01:12:03 pm
"Dual threat QB" coming out of high school typically means "a guy who doesn't throw the ball well enough to excel at the position in college."  Or..."he out-athleted the overmatched competition in high school.  Good luck doing the same at the major college level."
Well with LWho one never knows for sure. Often "dual threat" means they'll get into both bar fights AND break into someone's home or apartment. Lester likes 'em multi- talented don't ya' know ;)?

LSUFan

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 22, 2015, 03:45:48 pm
Well with LWho one never knows for sure. Often "dual threat" means they'll get into both bar fights AND break into someone's home or apartment. Lester likes 'em multi- talented don't ya' know ;)?
I want roided up thugs playing on my team!

8)
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

younghog

-- Per ArDEMGaz

REPORT: ETLING TO LSU

Rick Semmler of WTHI-TV in Terre Haute, Ind., reported Monday afternoon on Twitter that former Purdue quarterback Danny Etling would transfer to LSU.

Etling took official visits to Arkansas and LSU last week.

LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and Etling are both graduates of South Vigo High School in Terre Haute, Ind.

--
GO HOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LSUFan on June 22, 2015, 04:35:03 pm
I want roided up thugs playing on my team!

8)
Well no doubt you certainly have your wish!! :D

Rzbakfromwaybak

June 24, 2015, 06:33:24 pm #57 Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 01:46:41 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: hoglady on June 20, 2015, 07:01:06 am

Sure he was stupid and should have gone to the police instead of going vigilante to get his stuff back. I was clarifying that he wasn't charged with burglary, he was charged with unlawful entry. What happened here is a little different than guys just going out to steal stuff and being a bunch of thieves.

I was specifically referring to the part in your post when you said....."he was entering someone's room, trying to get his stuff back".  That's certainly sugar coating it a bit. Jennings was charged with a felony. They broke into that room for the purpose of taking property that was in someone else's possession. Breaking & entering/burglary/felony unlawful entry/theft/ forced entry/damaging entry's & doors/, etc....any & all of those, are criminal acts.  All of those are very common when a burglary/theft is being committed.  If all the items that they left with are really their property, all of this was stupid & totally unnecessary.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HappyHogFan

EastexHawg

My wife's stepdad is an LSU fan.  He is overjoyed at the prospect of Jennings not playing QB next year.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 25, 2015, 02:44:08 pm

My wife's stepdad is an LSU fan.  He is overjoyed at the prospect of Jennings not playing QB next year.

Tell your wife's stepdad not to get his hopes up.  Things seem to have a way of working out well for those football players in Baton Rouge.  Bets are, if Les believes Jennings is their best QB available.....LSU will somehow have him cleared & ready to play by the fall.

jbcarol

This isn't the National Enquirer, although it is an inquiry. Who will be the LSU quarterback?

QuoteAnthony Jennings is back in the fold after his unlawful entry charges were dropped last week. That doesn't mean he moves to the front of the line. He's going to undergo some discipline and could well be suspended for at least a half of the season opener...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

AirForceHog

All swept under the rug. Nothing to see here.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet 20h20 hours ago

LSU QB race apparently still all even as practices set to begin Friday.
Bain "was never reinstated," Miles says:

http://bit.ly/1gaTzpW
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/JENNINGSWINNING/status/761635237067649024

https://twitter.com/lsufootball/status/708016589254295552

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/lsu_qb_anthony_jennings_receiv.html

QuoteNov. 14: With their team coming off its most-embarrassing loss in years, LSU fans have apparently directed their anger toward quarterback Anthony Jennings.

Jennings completed just 12 of 22 passes for 87 yards and was sacked four times in the Tigers' 17-0 loss at Arkansas Saturday night. LSU was held to 123 yards of total offense by a Razorbacks team that hadn't won an SEC game in more than two years.

Jennings, a sophomore, has started 10 of 11 games this season for the Tigers, who are 7-4 and 2-4 in the SEC. True freshman Brandon Harris started the Auburn game, and has also appeared extensively in several others.

In the hours following the Tigers' loss to Arkansas, LSU fans on Twitter unleashed a barrage of hateful messages -- including at least one death threat -- toward Jennings.