Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU QB Jennings arrested for burglary

Started by Paul, June 18, 2015, 09:34:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

East TN HAWG

Based on past history, this my be a suspension for maybe a offensive series.   It all depends on who they open up against.  Maybe a only a couple of plays.  Les will do what is best. 

onebadrubi

hoghiker

Honestly, if you are him, how does this appear to be the best choice. I don't get it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Crap this is terrible news. Harris is 1000% better than this kid

ZERO

Maybe there won't be too much of a drop-off, but if he was that much better, he'd already be the starter.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

ZERO

I'm reading two defensive players were also arrested.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

PaintballHog

Damn we need LSU to continue starting terrible qbs.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ZERO on June 18, 2015, 11:09:17 pm

I'm reading two defensive players were also arrested.

Total is up to 4 arrested, in the last day or so.  LSU is on a roll.

3 for the burglary thing..... & 1 more in a separate incident for robbery & battery.  Busy summer for these players.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ZERO

I'd like to take this time to say I realize no school is exempt from boneheads and incidents, but it feels good not to be waiting for the other shoe to drop and worrying all offseason for the first time in a long time. No matter what happens, I doubt we're going to have four players arrested at one time for serious crimes.

hawgmasta

Quote from: ZERO on June 19, 2015, 12:06:38 am
I'd like to take this time to say I realize no school is exempt from boneheads and incidents, but it feels good not to be waiting for the other shoe to drop and worrying all offseason for the first time in a long time. No matter what happens, I doubt we're going to have four players arrested at one time for serious crimes.

Yeah. . . Seeing four players in a few days it's nice to know that's like a whole two years for us.

LSUFan

Dear 8 & 1/2lb baby Jesus, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on June 18, 2015, 10:31:57 pm
Crap this is terrible news. Harris is 1000% better than this kid
Harris was good coming in as a freshman. He has been in the LSU program long enough now that he probably sucks pretty bad.

LSUFan

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on June 19, 2015, 12:51:44 am
Harris was good coming in as a freshman. He has been in the LSU program long enough now that he probably sucks pretty bad.
FAIL

He sucked the day he hit the field.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

HogWildBison2011

trashcan maN

Time for another team meeting to vote on whether these players should be allowed to play or not ;)

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: LSUFan on June 19, 2015, 12:53:26 am
FAIL

He sucked the day he hit the field.
Before arriving at LSU, Harris was ranked by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and the fifth best dual-threat quarterback in his class. I'm sure by the time he got playing time at LSU he had regressed considerably but my point is that after another full year under Les, he probably is just plain awful.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: ZERO on June 18, 2015, 10:48:41 pm
Maybe there won't be too much of a drop-off, but if he was that much better, he'd already be the starter.

If Les Miles has anything to do with QB development and play, then you can rest assured whomever comes in will be mediocre at best.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on June 19, 2015, 07:39:28 am
Time for another team meeting to vote on whether these players should be allowed to play or not ;)

Nah, this is no biggie in Baton Rouge.

Now, when you kick a guy in the head repeatedly and almost kill him, THEN it's time for a team meeting to give him permission to play.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Hog N Bama

Once the team meets and votes, I'm sure this will all blow over as an "internal misunderstanding" and charges dropped or downgraded... we all know that. Typical LSU "discipline" :puke:

wholehog92

Somebody at the cop shop wanting a better vacation and the old bribe wasn't going to get them there?
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: wholehog92 on June 19, 2015, 08:41:22 am
Somebody at the cop shop wanting a better vacation and the old bribe wasn't going to get them there?

I can't remember the movie (or real life situation if that's it) quote exactly, but the question was there is no honor with honest graft not being adhered to if a corrupt official won't stay bought. I wonder how all these thugs will be "rehabilitated" in time for the season? Fulmer Cup trophy awaits.
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

lahawg1

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on June 19, 2015, 08:15:03 am
Before arriving at LSU, Harris was ranked by Rivals.com as a four-star recruit and the fifth best dual-threat quarterback in his class. I'm sure by the time he got playing time at LSU he had regressed considerably but my point is that after another full year under Les, he probably is just plain awful.

Terry says hi...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/2015/04/12/terry-bradshaw-says-lsu-coaching-qbs/25663677/

navyhog24

He must have finally found out Cam took his laptop. Lol.

LSU might win the title this year. The last time they won it they had a starting QB arrested. Lol.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: Rison Razor Hog on June 19, 2015, 09:03:41 am
I can't remember the movie (or real life situation if that's it) quote exactly, but the question was there is no honor with honest graft not being adhered to if a corrupt official won't stay bought. I wonder how all these thugs will be "rehabilitated" in time for the season? Fulmer Cup trophy awaits.

Movie "Used Cars"  1980

Roy L. Fuchs (Played by Jack Warden):

"I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a b*tch stayed bought. "

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 18, 2015, 11:48:29 pm

3 for the burglary thing..... & 1 more in a separate incident for robbery & battery.  Busy summer for these players.....
Well I can see at least three "you'll sit out two plays against an OOC rollover" and a "you'll pay for this by not playing a quarter against the same team" suspensions in these kids' future. Yep, as usual no doubt ole Less will really put the hammer down to show these kids he really means business!!

monty hawg

Good article written by LSU writer, Ron Higgins
How do you pick a starting QB at LSU? Wait until somebody gets arrested: Ron Higgins | NOLA.com

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 19, 2015, 09:33:32 am
Well I can see at least three "you'll sit out two plays against an OOC rollover" and a "you'll pay for this by not playing a quarter against the same team" suspensions in these kids' future. Yep, as usual no doubt ole Less will really put the hammer down to show these kids he really means business!!
So glad they took the bait, hook, line, and sinker, believing Jeff Long was really interested in Lester and gave him a raise and new contract!

Paul

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on June 19, 2015, 09:14:08 am
Movie "Used Cars"  1980

"I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs. You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a b*tch stayed bought. "
One of my faves

Vantage 8 dude

Ole Less has decided to steal a phrase from CBB's playbook but with a major twist. At LSU they're seeking #uncommon thugs. Looks like they're right on schedule.

navyhog24

Did they see they were losing for the Fulmer Cup or something?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 19, 2015, 10:40:37 am
Ole Less has decided to steal a phrase from CBB's playbook but with a major twist. At LSU they're seeking #uncommon thugs. Looks like they're right on schedule.
Only thing is, quite common at LSU!

Rison Razor Hog

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on June 19, 2015, 09:14:08 am
Movie "Used Cars"  1980

Thanks for the back-fill on the quote! :)
And on my deathbed, I'll achieve total consciousness, so I've got that goin' for me!

To paraphrase Benjamin Franklin: Billions for defense, but not one cent for dhimmitude!

DLUXHOG

Maybe... but I don't think they arrest or charge you for rape and drugs in Baton Rouge......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 19, 2015, 11:40:49 am
Maybe... but I don't think they arrest or charge you for rape and drugs in Baton Rouge......
You can BET on it!

rickm1976

Quote from: LSUFan on June 19, 2015, 12:51:36 am
Dear 8 & 1/2lb baby Jesus, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I guess you would be happy.

hoglady

Jennings was not arrested for burglary - he was arrested for unlawful entry.
Jennings laptop, playstation and some other items were stolen from his room. The article I read said he bought his laptop back - and got some names and then went vigilante trying to get his other items back.
Don't believe he was charged with stealing anything - entering someone's room trying to get his stuff back.

The worst thing that could happen to us is for him to get kicked off the team.
Better they have QB dual - than Brandon Harris be in a position where the team gets behind him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PaintballHog

Quote from: hoglady on June 19, 2015, 02:18:10 pm
Jennings laptop, playstation and some other items were stolen from his room. The article I read said he bought his laptop back - and got some names and then went vigilante trying to get his other items back.
Don't believe he was charged with stealing anything - entering someone's room trying to get his stuff back.

Better they have QB dual - than Brandon Harris be in a position where the team gets behind him.

Link?

LRHawg

We seriously need him there, taking reps in practice away from someone else.

nchogg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/3-other-lsu-players-arrested--including-qb-anthony-jennings-003114373.html

Terry needs to talk to the LSU team. But then the whole team would be in prison for murder. He is fun to listen to and only sugar coats when he needs to.

Vantage 8 dude

Apparently the flurry of arrests over the last several days came about directly from a team meeting Lester called early this week. He told them if they want to get in the right frame of mind (and keep their scholarships) they'd better start acting like the thugs and criminals they are NOW before fall practice begins. Never too early to get prepared for the upcoming season don't ya' know?

GatorHog

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Pig in the Pokey

just numbers working themselves out.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

reddogjcss

It's LSU they will drop charges say it was all a mistake and he and rest will be playing in first game, they worst than BAMA and Auburn.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hoglady on June 19, 2015, 02:18:10 pm

Lol.  He didn't just..."enter someone's room, trying to get his stuff back."  You just don't go to someone's residence, damage or break the door & locks to get in, & leave with property in someone else's possession, without consent, or the police.  Jennings was with them when they did all this.  Sure sounds like breaking & entering/theft to me. He should have gone to the police about any of his property that was stolen, let them handle it, & search for his property.  They were stupid, that's why they got arrested. Being LSU players, they will probably just get their hands slapped anyway.   
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hoglady

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 19, 2015, 11:27:26 pm
Lol.  He didn't just..."enter someone's room, trying to get his stuff back."  You just don't go to someone's residence, damage or break the door & locks to get in, & leave with property in someone else's possession, without consent, or the police.  Jennings was with them when they did all this.  Sure sounds like breaking & entering/theft to me. He should have gone to the police about any of his property that was stolen, let them handle it, & search for his property.  They were stupid, that's why they got arrested. Being LSU players, they will probably just get their hands slapped anyway.   

Sure he was stupid and should have gone to the police instead of going vigilante to get his stuff back. I was clarifying that he wasn't charged with burglary, he was charged with unlawful entry. What happened here is a little different than guys just going out to steal stuff and being a bunch of thieves.