Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who are some teams you are wanting to play that we have never played before?

Started by Ben, June 17, 2015, 01:17:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

I would mind seeing arkansas go head up against Notre Dame or Florida State. Wouldn mind penn state either along with a team that shall not be named. My choice.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

flagstaffhog

Arizona,  Arizona State, Utah, maybe Northern Arizona as an opening tune up....
Selfish, I admit.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

phadedhawg

Quote from: Ben on June 17, 2015, 01:17:46 pm
I would mind seeing arkansas go head up against Notre Dame or Florida State. Wouldn mind penn state either along with a team that shall not be named. My choice.

I like those and a definitely like the "team that shall not be named" as my top choice.

rljjr

Some we've played before. Some not. I just would enjoy seeing these teams on our schedule, especially the ACC and Pac 12 teams.

Clemson, UVA, Va Tech, NC State, FSU, Miami, PSU, Nebraska, Arizona, UCLA, Air Force, Navy, Army

holman24

ChauvinistPig

ZERO

These are the P5 teams we have never once played:

Pac-12:
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Utah
Arizona
Colorado

B1G:
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Penn State
Maryland

Big 12:
West Virginia

ACC:
Florida State
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
Boston College
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech
Virginia

BYU
Notre Dame
Army

----

So, we've never played any one member of the Atlantic Division of the ACC, somehow. And we've played a limited amount of the other division. There are some good middling/down teams there like Texas Tech we could play.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

go hogues

I'd really like to play some teams from the ACC, most notably FSU, Clemson and Georgia Tech. I'd like a home and home with Utah and Hawaii, as well.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

PaintballHog

ZERO

I would personally prefer to meet teams like Florida State and Michigan State in Bowl games, and play teams like Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado in the regular seasons.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: flagstaffhog on June 17, 2015, 01:23:46 pm
Arizona,  Arizona State, Utah, maybe Northern Arizona as an opening tune up....
Selfish, I admit.

Go HOGS Go!

We beat AZ St in '85 Holiday Bowl

Ben

Thanks for the List Zero. That made me remember i would wanna play WVU. I feel theres a lot in common and could be something.

Even though we already played, id wanna play nebraska for memory purposes ;)
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

RazorBiker

ZERO

I would love to play Louisville while Petrino is still there. Although I do believe he's done with his job hopping, you never know what's going to happen with that guy.

HogFansReunited

I would personally love if we played Notre Dame and the service academies.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

azhog10

Arizona State at Sun Devil Stadium.....only because that would be about a 25 minute drive for me and it would allow these PAC 12 fans to get a taste of real football.

EDIT: Apparently we've played them before.....but I still wish we would schedule them.

fishes2000

USC and Miami to avenge the two biggest blowouts I can remember.

Richard_white

Teams that play our style..like a Michigan State, Stanford and Wisky. 

hogcard1964

A few:

Colorado St.
Illinois
Notre Dame
Michigan St.
Iowa
Oregon
Stanford
West Virginia

yraciv

Louisville
Notre Dame
Illinois
Michigan State
Washington
Arkansas State - Kidding, but you opened yourself up for that response

MJ2

Whoever is perenially in the bottom of the rankings- Buffalo, UConn, others.   We need wins, period.   If strength of schedule would truly mean anything we would have been in the NC game the last few years.   Need pushover wins!

ZERO

Quote from: MJ2 on June 17, 2015, 03:24:58 pm
Whoever is perenially in the bottom of the rankings- Buffalo, UConn, others.   We need wins, period.   If strength of schedule would truly mean anything we would have been in the NC game the last few years.   Need pushover wins!

There ARE gimme wins in power conferences. I listed quite a few up there. Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Kansas (we're actually 0-2 against Kansas, over 100 years ago), Virginia, Colorado... all perennially sucky teams we have never played before (again, except Kansas) that we could beat on any given year and still look better than the yearly FCS team.

Cinco de Hogo

Love to play West Virginia home and home if I could go.  Morgantown and Fayetteville!

Just about any of the northern Pac 12 teams,

That's about it, all the rest are no differant than the teams we play now.

Richard_white

Quote from: Richard_white on June 17, 2015, 02:48:26 pm
Teams that play our style..like a Michigan State, Stanford and Wisky. 

If we are talking about help in recruiting I would play teams like Oklahoma and Miami.  And playing and beating Texas every year puts a smile on my face.

atekido

Id love for the Hogs to play Notre Dame. That would be a true Blue vs White collar game!

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 17, 2015, 02:35:24 pm
I would personally love if we played Notre Dame and the service academies.

I thought we played Navy and Air Force a lot, 30-50 years ago. But press guide say no. Just 3, total. No Army.

thirrdegreetusker

wholehog92

Of the ones we haven't played, Louisville and West Virginia would be fun.

One we haven't played in while I would love to play again is Boise St.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

onebadrubi

Quote from: yraciv on June 17, 2015, 02:59:42 pm
Louisville
Notre Dame
Illinois
Michigan State
Washington
Arkansas State - Kidding, but you opened yourself up for that response

I almost didn't open this thread thinking this would be all over, I am shocked it took 20 post for someone to bring it up.  I guess the A state crowd has gone away, thank goodness. 

wholehog92

Quote from: onebadrubi on June 17, 2015, 04:30:53 pm
I almost didn't open this thread thinking this would be all over, I am shocked it took 20 post for someone to bring it up.  I guess the A state crowd has gone away, thank goodness. 

They are just hiding under a pile a crap with the rest of the dung beetles.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

OLDHOG

Notre Dame would be my choice, not that I'm a fan. Just because.

ThisTeetsTaken

Ohio State, Michigan, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Iowa, Syracuse, Miami, Penn St..  I would like to do a home and home with South Florida or UCF.  Maybe even a Tulane in the Superdome.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WarPig88

Quote from: Ben on June 17, 2015, 01:17:46 pm

Maryland, Iowa St, Wake Forest, NC State, Kansas, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern, Duke, Syracuse, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Stanford, Oregon St, Cal, Washington, Utah, Colorado, Cincinnati, UConn, Army, Air Force, BYU

SemperHawg

go hogues

Quote from: atekido on June 17, 2015, 03:56:22 pm
Id love for the Hogs to play Notre Dame. That would be a true Blue vs White collar game!
How so? Notre Dame is overrun with blue collar fans, if you were suggesting they would be the representatives from the white collar class in that scenario.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: ZERO on June 17, 2015, 01:59:51 pm
These are the P5 teams we have never once played.

Pac-12:
Washington
Washington State
Oregon --- Beating Team Nike is always good for attention
Oregon State
Utah
Arizona
Colorado --- Nice fall road trip.

B1G:
Michigan State
Illinois
Purdue
Indiana
Penn State --- Been waiting on this matchup since November 1969.
Maryland

Big 12:
West Virginia

ACC:
Florida State --- Florida recruiting benefits.
Clemson
Louisville --- This will get TV interest.
NC State
Boston College
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Pittsburgh
Virginia Tech
Virginia

BYU
Notre Dame --- Been waiting on this matchup since Dec 6 1969.
Army

reddogjcss

Teams from recruiting hot beds! South Florida area collages, Houston area collages, Atlanta area collages. Don't care who we play just anything to get exposure with recruits in Hot bed areas, oh yea one more Dallas, Ft Worth area collages.
Any that will help with recruiting.

redeye

I'll go with Notre Dame, only because we've never played them.  I guess the only other major P5 programs we've never faced are Penn State and FSU, but I've been wanting to play Notre Dame since before they were even major programs.

Oregon would also be great, since I think we'd match-up well and it would provide a lot of exposure.  Bielema didn't fare too well against them at Wisky, but I think he'd do better here.

I'd also like to see us beat any B1G teams.  We've had so few chances and rarely capitalized on those we have had, so it would be nice to win a few.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

hoghevn

I know we've played the first 3 of these, but its been a while.  Michigan, Michigan state & especially Nebraska & then Notre Dame.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

PonderinHog

Quote from: reddogjcss on June 17, 2015, 08:44:24 pm
Teams from recruiting hot beds! South Florida area collages, Houston area collages, Atlanta area collages. Don't care who we play just anything to get exposure with recruits in Hot bed areas, oh yea one more Dallas, Ft Worth area collages.
Any that will help with recruiting.
Maybe we could cut and paste a schedule together out of all those teams...

ChicoHog

Quote from: go hogues on June 17, 2015, 08:19:59 pm
How so? Notre Dame is overrun with blue collar fans, if you were suggesting they would be the representatives from the white collar class in that scenario.
Maybe he meant the white collar for catholic priests. That's what I thought of but maybe I'm way off base. 

ChicoHog

As a big ND fan I would love to see them.  Living in NoCal I would for us to play Cal or stanford or even Oregon or OSU so I could travel to the game fairly easily.  Much rather play Power 5 teams of any ability vs playing FCS schools. 

ZERO

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 17, 2015, 10:09:46 pm
Maybe we could cut and paste a schedule together out of all those teams...

I think this is going to go over his head by a solid ten feet.

George S. Pigton

ND
Ohio St.
Wisconsin
Michigan (up coming)
Nebraska
Colorado
Oregon
Stanford
Washington
Syracuse
Clemson
Florida St.
Miami (it has been 20+ years)
North Carolina
UCLA
Penn St.

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

PonderinHog

Quote from: ZERO on June 17, 2015, 10:41:13 pm
I think this is going to go over his head by a solid ten feet.
Ten feet ???  That would be a mural...

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma