Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deep at Quarterback

Started by bruisemeister, June 16, 2015, 02:37:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WarPig88

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 19, 2015, 09:20:24 am
If you are insulted by the presence of more competition then you might not be "the guy" who is going to rise to the top through competition. I doubt either of them are feeling "insulted". They may however feel that they have to press harder to make sure that they win out in any competition for playing time. I sure hope that is how they would take this. But we are getting way ahead of ourselves. The kid visited and that is all. At this point anyway.

Trying to relate a coach's opinion of you to whether or not you are competitive is obtuse thinking at best.

The insult would be that your coach doesn't have faith in you despite the work you have put in to this point, such that a backup from Purdue is your equal.

I guess you would be encouraged if that happened to you?

lefty08

Quote from: WarPig88 on June 20, 2015, 12:38:31 pm
Trying to relate a coach's opinion of you to whether or not you are competitive is obtuse thinking at best.

The insult would be that your coach doesn't have faith in you despite the work you have put in to this point, such that a backup from Purdue is your equal.

So in your thinking a backup at Arkansas is automatically better than a backup at Purdue?

Interesting.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pig in the Pokey

that's how CBB rolls. Always has. The guy set to replace Tolzein(sp?) at Wisky must have  been mad when Russell showed up but the fans weren't...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PaintballHog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 20, 2015, 12:41:10 pm
So in your thinking a backup at Arkansas is automatically better than a backup at Purdue?

Interesting.....

In 2015? Absolutely.

MuskogeeHogFan

June 20, 2015, 04:45:03 pm #54 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 05:20:47 pm by MuskogeeHogFan

It actually did happen to me (and has happened to a lot of players over the years) at the college level with the signing of a JC All American O-Lineman, where everything is constantly competitive. I can't speak for the kids on our team, but I know what my attitude was at the time. "Bring them all on, that spot belongs to me". Sure it "pushed" me more, but you are only as good as what you did today and every day can present new challenges and new competition. I kept my starting spot. You earn that spot every day, every week.

If you don't expect greater competition and embrace the challenge of that competition, you are a weakling. You earn what you get, every doggone day.
Go Hogs Go!

Biggus Piggus

Since when was "rathered" a word?
[CENSORED]!