Kody Walker

Started by RebelW, June 10, 2015, 07:18:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 09:26:02 pm

Henry and sprinkle were used last year

I agree we will see more screens

Still don't think Brandon will pass for more than 200 a game much

They will be more efficient in the passing game which will help the running game. Still look for the pass to run ratio to be the same

Also spring games mean nothing. You all should know this by now. They are made to make the offense look good and to be fun for the fans to watch.

And the two players the offense will revolve around didn't even play.

Henry is better than last year.
Sprinkle is light years better.

Spring game showed BA is a stud. He can make all the throws.

Didn't have to evolve the offense around the other two rbs because KW looked like a man out there.

Look up some Enos stats at CMichigan. You think he came here to be one sided and hand the ball off? No sir.
He came because he's a true qb coach and will and has improved BA.
Plus his style matches what Bret wants.

BA go over 200? You bet. That's why our best pass blocker is at left tackle now. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

rhames

Quote from: secneahog on June 10, 2015, 09:37:10 pm
Henry is better than last year.
Sprinkle is light years better.

Spring game showed BA is a stud. He can make all the throws.

Didn't have to evolve the offense around the other two rbs because KW looked like a man out there.

Look up some Enos stats at CMichigan. You think he came here to be one sided and hand the ball off? No sir.
He came because he's a true qb coach and will and has improved BA.
Plus his style matches what Bret wants.

BA go over 200? You bet. That's why our best pass blocker is at left tackle now. 

See I think you are thinking certain things are mutually exclusive when they aren't.

I agree our passing game will be more efficient and effective, but the pass/run ratio will be the same. Quality over quantity.

What were chaneys stats before he came? I don't think what enos did as a head coach will mirror what he does here as a coordinator. I think it was a great hire, but enos came here to do what Bret wants him to do. The offense will (fingers crossed) be better, efficient and simple.

Yes enos is a qb coach and Brandon has made progress. I have always thought Brandon has the tools to win games.

He isn't going to throw it more than 25 to 30 times a game. He just isn't unless we are behind

Getting back on topic

Kody walker will excel at fullback. He won't be third string at HB for the majority of the season. That will be the freshman.

We have the potential to not have Collins or Williams next year. He will use the freshman to get experience.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Acehawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 09:44:36 pm

What were chaneys stats before he came?

Close to the worse in the SEC every year at Tennessee.  Not debatable at this point.

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:49:29 pm
Close to the worse in the SEC every year at Tennessee.  Not debatable at this point.

But enos's are? Lol

Actually Chaney had good numbers at Tennessee they just didn't win

My point is it doesn't matter what Enos's stats were before he came here

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

Doug

Quote from: rhamesWhat were chaneys stats before he came? I don't think what enos did as a head coach will mirror what he does here as a coordinator. I think it was a great hire, but enos came here to do what Bret wants him to do. The offense will (fingers crossed) be better, efficient and simple.
I need to weigh in here... on the one item above.

Bret does not want "YES" men... he wants people that can and do think outside the box. Similar minded is not the same as "yes men".
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Acehawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 09:50:54 pm

But enos's are? Lol

Actually Chaney had good numbers at Tennessee they just didn't win

My point is it doesn't matter what Enos's stats were before he came here
Enos has to better than Chaney.  Dude was a bad hire from day one.

rhames

Quote from: Doug on June 10, 2015, 09:54:17 pm
I need to weigh in here... on the one item above.

Bret does not want "YES" men... he wants people that can and do think outside the box. Similar minded is not the same as "yes men".

I'll give you that!

But enos was hired to run the kind of offense Bret likes. Wouldn't you agree? So yes enos was hired to do what Bret wants him to do. Which is run a good offense that will win us games

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:55:07 pm
Enos has to better than Chaney.  Dude was a bad hire from day one.

I agree. I'm glad he is gone. Enos will be a better fit for sure

We agree on everything about the offense being better. We just differ on how much we will pass

moses_007

Quote from: 98hogs on June 10, 2015, 04:29:31 pm
Hang on to the ball!  Nuff said
Particularly when crossing the goal line against Bama.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 09:44:36 pm

I agree our passing game will be more efficient and effective, but the pass/run ratio will be the same. Quality over quantity.

What were chaneys stats before he came? I don't think what enos did as a head coach will mirror what he does here as a coordinator. I think it was a great hire, but enos came here to do what Bret wants him to do. The offense will (fingers crossed) be better, efficient and simple.

Yes enos is a qb coach and Brandon has made progress. I have always thought Brandon has the tools to win games.

He isn't going to throw it more than 25 to 30 times a game. He just isn't unless we are behind

Without going back and reviewing BBs's stats from Wisky again,  he at MOST passed the ball a whopping 38% of the time in a season......At the least about 33% a different season.

That won't change unless he has a  COMPLETE AND BIZARRE type of change of heart.

BA won't pass more than 25-30 tmes a game, just as you said.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 11, 2015, 04:53:18 am
Without going back and reviewing BBs's stats from Wisky again,  he at MOST passed the ball a whopping 38% of the time in a season......At the least about 33% a different season.

That won't change unless he has a  COMPLETE AND BIZARRE type of change of heart.

BA won't pass more than 25-30 tmes a game, just as you said.

Uh...Enos is running the offense. Bielema isn't going to overrule him very often. Bielema hired a freakin' head coach to run his offense. This isn't a setup where the head coach is an ex-QB and fancies himself a big baller, play caller.
[CENSORED]!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 11, 2015, 10:52:42 am
Uh...Enos is running the offense. Bielema isn't going to overrule him very often. Bielema hired a freakin' head coach to run his offense. This isn't a setup where the head coach is an ex-QB and fancies himself a big baller, play caller.

We'll see.   I am not saying he's gonna micromanage, but if he didn't get a guy with a style and philosophy like his, then he shoulda stayed witb Chaney.  At least tbey all had an established terminology, etc.

Nope, I figure that unless Enos is calling a game that has us up by 21 in the third, we'll not see a difference in playcalling mix, which is typically a run-pass mix of around 65% run.   A difference in style of plays run?    Sure, I'll give you that.

Coaches with a strong sense of philosophical commitment seldom change.......If ever.

This is why I didn't think Chaney joining him here would do anything but maybe groom the QBs a bit better.....Not alter the 65-35 standard.   And it didn't.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

woodhog14

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:49:29 pm

In Chaney's last year as OC at Tennessee, they were 4th in the SEC in total offense.

YPG: 475.9
Passing YPG: 315.6
Rushing YPG: 160.3

Not bad...the problem was that Tennessee's defense gave up 471.3 ypg.

I'm excited at what Enos brings to the table this year.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 11, 2015, 11:28:47 am
This is why I didn't think Chaney joining him here would do anything but maybe groom the QBs a bit better.....Not alter the 65-35 standard.   And it didn't.

There is no 65-35 standard. That is where you are cracked.

In SEC games last season, Arkansas ran the football more than 60% of the time twice: Texas A&M and Ole Miss. The Hogs were at 50-50 or less five times.

In regular-season nonconference games, Arkansas ran 72% of the time. No surprise there. You don't throw the football more in a blowout. Also, the Hogs want to get their backs stats when they can.

If you average the whole SEC season, Arkansas was 52% run. Not quite the 65-35 you are harping on. Arkansas runs when appropriate, throws when appropriate. That is what everybody wants, an offense flexible to the situation.

In the bowl, which was no contest, Arkansas ran on 67% of its offensive plays. Again, no surprise there.
[CENSORED]!

rhames

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on June 11, 2015, 01:51:24 pm

In SEC games last season, Arkansas ran the football more than 60% of the time twice: Texas A&M and Ole Miss. The Hogs were at 50-50 or less five times.

In regular-season nonconference games, Arkansas ran 72% of the time. No surprise there. You don't throw the football more in a blowout. Also, the Hogs want to get their backs stats when they can.

If you average the whole SEC season, Arkansas was 52% run. Not quite the 65-35 you are harping on. Arkansas runs when appropriate, throws when appropriate. That is what everybody wants, an offense flexible to the situation.

In the bowl, which was no contest, Arkansas ran on 67% of its offensive plays. Again, no surprise there.

So Arkansas passed more in their loses than they did in games where they won?

Everyone wants an offense that works but we aren't going to be coming out five wide every play and chunking the ball around. We will still be a run first team and only pass more if we are playing from behind.

I also remember Bret major comments last year about how he felt we got away from the run too early in games

thefisher

Arkansas runs when appropriate, throws when appropriate. That is what everybody wants, an offense flexible to the situation.

Spot on. Nuf' said.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what the final percentages are.  They will be skewed to the plays that are necessary in game situations at that time.  The ability to run effectively or pass effectively ..... depending on what the game situations and defensive alignments are... is all that actually matters. If you can do both well then you will win most of the time.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Having your gameplan partially dictated by score and/or time on clock isn't necessarily a good indicator to offensive philosophy.   Granted, BB may want a less conservative offense than what he ran in Wisky (for Alvarez reasons, personal change, etc), but I think you're deluding yourself if you think he wants to veer too far from his historical 65-35 ish run to pass ratio.   Of course he wants an effective pass game, only an idiot would desire to be weak in one or more phases of the game.

I don't honestly think that he has brought someone in that doesn't share a common approach or at least is flexible enough to jump on board and design his offense based on BB's core philosophy.

TBH, I'm surprised to have received resistance on this.   It should be fairly evident that BB came here as a run dominant coach and will probably stay a run dominant coach.  That's ok.  Based on that position, you then know what your best options and approaches are.
His response to me:

rhames

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 11, 2015, 06:17:41 pm
Having your gameplan partially dictated by score and/or time on clock isn't necessarily a good indicator to offensive philosophy.   Granted, BB may want a less conservative offense than what he ran in Wisky (for Alvarez reasons, personal change, etc), but I think you're deluding yourself if you think he wants to veer too far from his historical 65-35 ish run to pass ratio.   Of course he wants an effective pass game, only an idiot would desire to be weak in one or more phases of the game.

I don't honestly think that he has brought someone in that doesn't share a common approach or at least is flexible enough to jump on board and design his offense based on BB's core philosophy.

TBH, I'm surprised to have received resistance on this.   It should be fairly evident that BB came here as a run dominant coach and will probably stay a run dominant coach.  That's ok.  Based on that position, you then know what your best options and approaches are.

Good post

Acehawg

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 11, 2015, 12:35:42 pm
In Chaney's last year as OC at Tennessee, they were 4th in the SEC in total offense.

YPG: 475.9
Passing YPG: 315.6
Rushing YPG: 160.3

Not bad...the problem was that Tennessee's defense gave up 471.3 ypg.

I'm sure there's a Pittsburgh board out there somewhere that would love to know this info.  You might try posting it there.  Selective stats never lie...

bennyl08

People arguing Allen won't pass for 200 yards a game because he will only pass 25-30 times a game unless we are behind.

Well, all he has to do, assuming we pass 25 times each game, is average 8 yards per attempt and voila. You say we won't pass more, just more efficiently. Half the qb's in the SEC last year hit or were within 0.2 ypa of that benchmark.

BA was in the bottom half with 6.7 ypa, but only 56% completion percentage. Much of that completion percentage was not due to bad throws but simply throwaways. His yards per completion were much better at just over 12. If BA has the exact same yards per completion as before, then he needs to improve to 66% completion at 25 attempts per game to average 200 ypg. BA averaged 26.1 attempts per game last season. Overall we averaged 27.4 attempts per game.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: bennyl08 on June 11, 2015, 11:18:05 pm
People arguing Allen won't pass for 200 yards a game because he will only pass 25-30 times a game unless we are behind.

Well, all he has to do, assuming we pass 25 times each game, is average 8 yards per attempt and voila. You say we won't pass more, just more efficiently. Half the qb's in the SEC last year hit or were within 0.2 ypa of that benchmark.

BA was in the bottom half with 6.7 ypa, but only 56% completion percentage. Much of that completion percentage was not due to bad throws but simply throwaways. His yards per completion were much better at just over 12. If BA has the exact same yards per completion as before, then he needs to improve to 66% completion at 25 attempts per game to average 200 ypg. BA averaged 26.1 attempts per game last season. Overall we averaged 27.4 attempts per game.

I could easily see this happening, and if so, then SEC watch out!
His response to me:

rhames

Yeah and I think that will be what happens

MuskogeeHogFan

With Enos calling plays I think we will see something like this average out of Allen over the course of the season.

28.7-17.2  60.0%  8.1 p/att  13.5 p/compl  232.3 p/game

We will sustain longer drives and BA will have more opportunities for attempts/completions.

JMO
Go Hogs Go!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: Doug on June 10, 2015, 10:27:33 am
None of you picked up on this? Seriously? FAIL.

"Enose"?!

we did, but we took our prozac.
The rest of the frog.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: rhames on June 11, 2015, 02:05:10 pm

So Arkansas passed more in their loses than they did in games where they won?

Everyone wants an offense that works but we aren't going to be coming out five wide every play and chunking the ball around. We will still be a run first team and only pass more if we are playing from behind.

I also remember Bret major comments last year about how he felt we got away from the run too early in games

Most teams pass when they are behind.  From what I've witnessed, Bielema likes to use the running game as a conduit for hitting some big plays with the passing game.   

rhames

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on June 12, 2015, 08:08:38 am
Most teams pass when they are behind.  From what I've witnessed, Bielema likes to use the running game as a conduit for hitting some big plays with the passing game.   

Well yes

But the argument is will we pass more when the game is tied or within a touchdown or if we are winning.

I was pointing out that we only break away from a run heavy offense when we need to play catch up.

I still see us running the ball 60 to 65 percent of the time

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: rhames on June 12, 2015, 08:17:08 am

Well yes

But the argument is will we pass more when the game is tied or within a touchdown or if we are winning.

I was pointing out that we only break away from a run heavy offense when we need to play catch up.

I think that in most cases it will be more balanced until we reach a point that it is the 4th quarter and we have a 14 or more point lead. In those cases we may throw once out every 5 plays, and only then, if we need to.
Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 11, 2015, 11:28:47 am
We'll see.   I am not saying he's gonna micromanage, but if he didn't get a guy with a style and philosophy like his, then he shoulda stayed witb Chaney.  At least tbey all had an established terminology, etc.

Nope, I figure that unless Enos is calling a game that has us up by 21 in the third, we'll not see a difference in playcalling mix, which is typically a run-pass mix of around 65% run.   A difference in style of plays run?    Sure, I'll give you that.

Coaches with a strong sense of philosophical commitment seldom change.......If ever.

I think you are wrong yet the stats at the end of the year will trend the direction you are saying and here is why.  Remember the Texas tech second half.  We ran it something like 35 straight times.  These will be stat games that mess with the percentages at the end of the year.  If you remove the outlier and non conference games, I don't think you projected stats will be correct. 

Enos was brought here to run what Enos run's.  I crafty run game along with a talented QB coach with better pass plays.

SoonerSooie

I am not personally concerned about the pass to run ratio if we can stuff it down the throat of our opponents and they feel totally helpless to stop us! That game against TT was a thing of beauty, even though in retrospect we now know they had a horrible Defense. Point is, nothing is more deflating to an opponent to line up, to know we are gonna smash them in the mouth, and they can't do one thing to stop it! I love passes for big gains as much as anyone, but man! smashing a team in the mouth play after play, gashing them for really good yardage, is within itself a thing of beauty!!

WPS!!

bennyl08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 12, 2015, 07:53:15 am
With Enos calling plays I think we will see something like this average out of Allen over the course of the season.

28.7-17.2  60.0%  8.1 p/att  13.5 p/compl  232.3 p/game

We will sustain longer drives and BA will have more opportunities for attempts/completions.

JMO

:) I think you are now doing this just to spite me. Well, I'm going to go to the atm machine and enter in my pin number.  :)
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: rhames on June 12, 2015, 08:17:08 am

Well yes

To me you play to your strengths.  With our Backs and the OL, pound it

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: SoonerSooie on June 12, 2015, 12:01:54 pm
I am not personally concerned about the pass to run ratio if we can stuff it down the throat of our opponents and they feel totally helpless to stop us! That game against TT was a thing of beauty, even though in retrospect we now know they had a horrible Defense. Point is, nothing is more deflating to an opponent to line up, to know we are gonna smash them in the mouth, and they can't do one thing to stop it! I love passes for big gains as much as anyone, but man! smashing a team in the mouth play after play, gashing them for really good yardage, is within itself a thing of beauty!!

WPS!!

Completely agree with this.
His response to me:

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 11, 2015, 06:17:41 pm

Your mistake (which you keep repeating) is that you believe "run dominant" means calling 65% running plays all the time. The way you talk about this suggests that the passing game would be inherently simplistic because of an overemphasis on running in practice.

Enos seems to have a better handle than Chaney did on how to put in a sophisticated passing game alongside a power running game. That's the important subject here, not how many times the Hogs are going to run the ball 40+ times in a game.

We all wonder how well the passing game will work when the Hogs absolutely must pass. Enos has put in a lot of plays designed with multiple, defense-stressing alternatives. He is coaching his QBs to take the easy yards when the big play is not there. Chaney had way too many plays where easy yards were not there, and our QB had to throw away the football.

With this different approach, it also will be interesting to see whether the running game is as effective, or perhaps more effective. All in all, in SEC play the past two years, the Hogs had to run far too many plays that were obvious to the defense. Arkansas was big and strong, but not good enough to overpower eight or nine in the box. Enos has said that his goal is to avoid running into a pileup as much as possible. That is big.
[CENSORED]!

Mulberry Squeezins

Some of you guys are looking at this all wrong.  You act like the run to pass patio ratio is scripted, and it's not.  When our offense is clicking, our run to pass ratio may reflect the 65 / 35 number, what we are trying to accomplish is to force teams to load the box to stop the run so that our passing game vertically will open up. Had BA taken the game he had against Tejas against Auburn early on, I think the outcome would have been different.  Also, The work Enos has done with Allens's feet will pay dividends if Brandon can hurt teams with his legs when D's are manning up.  Not so much running but buying time to throw. 

rhames

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on June 12, 2015, 01:58:17 pm
Some of you guys are looking at this all wrong.  You act like the run to pass patio ratio is scripted, and it's not.  When our offense is clicking, our run to pass ratio may reflect the 65 / 35 number, what we are trying to accomplish is to force teams to load the box to stop the run so that our passing game vertically will open up. Had BA taken the game he had against Tejas against Auburn early on, I think the outcome would have been different.  Also, The work Enos has done with Allens's feet will pay dividends if Brandon can hurt teams with his legs when D's are manning up.  Not so much running but buying time to throw. 

No.  To simplify the argument we are saying that even with enos here it doesn't mean we are going to be some pass happy offense now.

People who think we are going to pass more are going to be disappointed

We want the defense to respect both the run and the pass and will take whatever they give us. But Bret is still going to be a ball control coach that will always run it down your throat.

As I said if we have games where we pass it more than 30 times that most likely is a game we won't win

Could be wrong.

PonderinHog

A sound passing game is to a sound running game, as free peanuts are at a bar.  It's complementary.   ;)

aar0n

There's a misconception running rampant in this thread that Bielema seeked out Enos to run the offense here with the belief that Enos would run the type of offense Bielema wants.  It was actually the opposite on both fronts; Enos seeked out Bielema for the position here because he thought he could improve our offense running it HIS way, and that our offense (particularly the run game) would benefit from his various simplified but more effective formations - the same formations Bielema likes to run.

Enos sets up his offense using "classic" Bielema personnel formations - 21, 22, etc.  The difference is, when we used to line up in specific formations even the most casual observer could see a run or pass was coming.  It was easy for the opposition to figure out and plan for, to say the least.  Enos' effectiveness comes from lining up in those formations and doing the opposite, just enough times to keep the opposing defense and the DC unsure about what comes next.  A formation/personnel package that screamed "THIS IS A RUN PLAY!!" last year may now be passing 4 out of the first 6 times its shown throughout the first half of a game, only to run 5 out of 6 times in the same setup (usually for huge gains) in the second half. 

His tendencies are to line up a certain way with the same result just enough for the defense/DC to believe it is a pattern, then to completely flip that pattern on its head later in the game when the defense is worn out and unsure - and then to pound it down their throats.  If that's not perfectly fitting with "Bielema Ball" then no coordinator out there is. 

Razor6

I want it to feel like... LSU in Little Rock a few years ago with Knile Davis.

They could not stop him from gaining a 1st down in the 4th quarter.

There were a drive or two that were brutal.  Gotta love it as a Hog Fan!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

rhames

Quote from: Razor6 on June 13, 2015, 11:12:03 am
I want it to feel like... LSU in Little Rock a few years ago with Knile Davis.

They could not stop him from gaining a 1st down in the 4th quarter.

There were a drive or two that were brutal.  Gotta love it as a Hog Fan!

I think we will see a lot of that his year and won't have to wait until the 4th quarter.

Mike_e

Two things.

1). If BA can hit just one more (or just one since it seemed he hardly hit any last year) of those 35 to 40 yard passes over the middle it's likely he'll go over 3000 yards this year.

2).  If BA does become more efficient passing then we may well have 3 1000 yard rushers due to not having 9 defenders in the box.

This offense may turn out to be a monster.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

lefty08

Quote from: Mike_e on June 13, 2015, 11:26:54 am
Two things.

1). If BA can hit just one more (or just one since it seemed he hardly hit any last year) of those 35 to 40 yard passes over the middle it's likely he'll go over 3000 yards this year.

2).  If BA does become more efficient passing then we may well have 3 1000 yard rushers due to not having 9 defenders in the box.

This offense may turn out to be a monster.

It certainly has the potential. Much more potential than a lot of other teams in this league. Of the defense can equal last year's top 10 ranking we can be a great team. Lots of ifs though
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Steef

I dont know if we'll pass MORE.

But I do think we will pass better.

Even when we did complete pssses last year, a lot of them were just short of the first down marker.

Our receivers couldnt get open.
Our routes werent good.
The defense willingly gave us third and four when we needed third and six.

If/when we start TAKING those first downs in the air....The running game gets easier. Much easier.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 12, 2015, 05:49:48 pm
A sound passing game is to a sound running game, as free peanuts are at a bar.  It's complementary.   ;)

That could be reversed also too the same effect.  Too be certain, if you are gonna win big you pretty much have to be able to do both depending on what the team you are currently facing give or forces you to do.  Percentages be darned!  I liked Petrino's offense but I sure never cared about percentages.  The only goal is to win the game not give a reciever or RB a one hundred game.

The only thing I'm looking for this year is an improvement in efficiency.  Whether we throw the ball more or less doesn't matter.

However as some one said, if our passing percentage get passed a certain point it is probably not a good thing because the bottom line for a CBB team will always be the Power game.  With any team, if you can force them away from their comfort zone you have a chance.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hog N Bama on June 10, 2015, 07:21:11 am
I think Walker will be used as those fresh legs we need to finish off defenses in the 4th quarter.

Brutal..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbackosaurus

Sorry if this has been discussed previously, but is there any chance that Kody could return in 2016?

I know that he signed in 2011, but since he was hurt 3 games in, he was granted a medical redshirt for that year which is allowing him to return in 2015. If my memory is correct, he was injured a few games into 2012. Is it possible that he could receive another hardship for 2012 that would allow him to play in 2016? I know that players have been granted a 6th year in the past on rare occasions, but I am not sure on the specifics on how that scenario can happen.

nationwish

I'm fairly certain that 6th years are granted when a player has actually redshirted a year and then gets hurt in a later year. I guess there may have been cases where a player was granted two medical hardships, but none come to mind.

Razorbackosaurus

Quote from: nationwish on June 20, 2015, 11:09:47 pm
I'm fairly certain that 6th years are granted when a player has actually redshirted a year and then gets hurt in a later year. I guess there may have been cases where a player was granted two medical hardships, but none come to mind.

I think you are probably correct because the few 6th year players that I can think of fall under the scenario that you described. Just wishful thinking I guess because the kid had some pretty bad luck his first couple of years. Hope he can make the most of his time left.