Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kody Walker

Started by RebelW, June 10, 2015, 07:18:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

Do yall think Enose and Bielema will use him a lot and hopefully have 3 1k yard rushers? I hope  but I think Enos will air it out enough to where it will be hard to have 3. I just pray we use him as a RB. To good of talent to not get every oz. we can out of him since it's his last year.. What do yall think?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: RebelW on June 10, 2015, 07:18:17 am
Do yall think Enose and Bielema will use him a lot and hopefully have 3 1k yard rushers? I hope  but I think Enos will air it out enough to where it will be hard to have 3. I just pray we use him as a RB. To good of talent to not get every oz. we can out of him since it's his last year.. What do yall think?
I think Walker will be used as those fresh legs we need to finish off defenses in the 4th quarter.

HogWildBison2011

I get goosebumps just thinking about the possibilities for next season. We will be a improved passing team and with a much improved quick game. I can just see us pounding away at a defense for 3 quarters and creatively using TEs and great routes by our WRs to get separation... and when that defense is tired and grabbing their hips you bring in a fresh Kody Walker! We might make some defensive players quit. Now thats me wearing my red glasses but I don't think I'm to far off base.

HogShat

If it were me I would use him sparingly until games were well in hand then let him tote the mail and protect Jwill and AC. But I am a retired firefighter with 4 years peewee football coaching experince so what do I know? I think CBB will ride whoever has the hot hand.

gmarv

at the very least its a fun problem to have,hope kody has a geat senior year.

Theolesnort

With the other backs we have he should be used primarily as the red zone running back especially on the goal line. To me he should lead the team in scoring.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hawgXi

Quote from: Theolesnort on June 10, 2015, 07:58:41 am
With the other backs we have he should be used primarily as the red zone running back especially on the goal line. To me he should lead the team in scoring.

I think at the start of last season, kody did lead the team in TD scored.

bigdaddyhawg

I believe Kody is going to be a solid producer for us this fall, but it's wishful thinking he would join AC and JW as 1000 yd. rushers this fall.  If he gets 500 yards IMO we'll have a very, VERY good season!
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Vantage 8 dude

I seriously doubt we'll have three 1k yard runners this year. However, IF the Kody Walker we saw in the spring game is anywhere near the young man we see this fall I can guarantee you that as a third option at toting the ball defenses are going to have total nightmares once this kid gets the ball!! He looked like a total beast during the spring.

Wildhog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 10, 2015, 08:58:28 am
I seriously doubt we'll have three 1k yard runners this year. However, IF the Kody Walker we saw in the spring game is anywhere near the young man we see this fall I can guarantee you that as a third option at toting the ball defenses are going to have total nightmares once this kid gets the ball!! He looked like a total beast during the spring.

He's always looked like that.  He's a very good back.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgfan4life

KW is good but better than JW in red zone?  Not too sure about that opinion.  JW is a beast on short yardage because he is big, fast, and great skill.

thirrdegreetusker

Having three 1000 rushers would, realistically, mean 200 carries for each. Might be possible with 170 carries each, but.........

And I doubt we will have 50 rushes per game as a team. Although, if we do, that would reflect that we were succeeding , and kicking serious butt..........

Southern Hogspitality

I think Walker will be the Hillis to AC and JWill this year.  His pass protection and ability to catch are his biggest attributes comparatively to AC and JWill.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: hawgfan4life on June 10, 2015, 09:50:25 am
KW is good but better than JW in red zone?  Not too sure about that opinion.  JW is a beast on short yardage because he is big, fast, and great skill.

Yeah, I don't get why people think KW is such a better red zone back that JW or even AC.  We did struggle to punch it in from about a yard out several times last year but even KW might've gotten some of those carries too, I don't remember, and that's really on the O-Line and play-calling more than anything.  And there is of course KW's one very notable red zone possession against Bama.

KW is a great 3rd back, so glad we have him, but he's not taking a lot of carries away from JW or AC - some, but not a lot. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2015, 09:36:58 am
He's always looked like that.  He's a very good back.
He's a very good back on that I'll not argue. However, IF he'd looked like that in his previous three years my suspicion is that he would likely have seen the field even more than he has. Heck, even many of the long time followers of the Hogs seemed to detect a renewed urgency/aggressiveness in this spring performances.

Doug

None of you picked up on this? Seriously? FAIL.

"Enose"?!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

atekido

There won't be three 1k RB's.  if anything our running totals should go down as hopefully our passing attack will be alittle better as Brandon will have more experience.

Cinco de Hogo

I would gladly trade a third 1K rusher for a 1K reciever.  We need the balance.  I love KW and hope he has a great(injury free)year but I'm not looking for extra rushing yds.  KW strength has alway been short yardage and it would be hard to get anywhere close to 1K that way.  He won't get the call to take away carries unless we lose one to injuries and ok course we don't want thst to happen.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

RebelW

Enos.. Excuse me for not proof reading to protect this thread from idiots

woodrow hog call

Uh, he is not exactly the one you wanna go around calling an idiot.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ARtillahog

Quote from: Doug on June 10, 2015, 10:27:33 am

"Enose"?!

I just chalked it up as the op is new...

RebelW

Yeah I'd hate to get kicked off this board because of the pecking order.. Life changing at the least.. My point is there's no need for knit picking on an honest mistake that every grown individual could easily look over.

rhames

Kody will be a full back

The freshman will be the third option.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Styflin

Quote from: HogShat on June 10, 2015, 07:34:44 am
If it were me I would use him sparingly until games were well in hand then let him tote the mail and protect Jwill and AC. But I am a retired firefighter with 4 years peewee football coaching experince so what do I know? I think CBB will ride whoever has the hot hand.

Are you the head coach of your peewee teams?

bell2629

Quote from: RebelW on June 10, 2015, 01:03:41 pm
Yeah I'd hate to get kicked off this board because of the pecking order.. Life changing at the least.. My point is there's no need for knit picking on an honest mistake that every grown individual could easily look over.

Did you mean 'nitpicking'?  :P
Praise the Lard!

RebelW

I do agree our RBs will not get as many carries but will still have 2 1k rushers. Not as many carries because Enos will air it out when he can which will only make it to where they won't need as many carries to hit 1k.

RebelW

Quote from: bell2629 on June 10, 2015, 01:09:33 pm
Did you mean 'nitpicking'?  :P
I believe you have something brown on your nose.. Might want to get that

rhames

I bet five dollars we won't pass it much more this year than we have

I think we will be better at it but we will still run the ball way more

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: RebelW on June 10, 2015, 01:14:14 pm
I believe you have something brown on your nose.. Might want to get that

Is it his real nose or an E nose?

RebelW

Lol. Yall guys are great.. Yall together?

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 01:05:21 pm
Kody will be a full back

The freshman will be the third option.

Fullback, yes.  Running back, yes, also.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

GolfnHog

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on June 10, 2015, 10:03:36 am
Yeah, I don't get why people think KW is such a better red zone back that JW or even AC.  We did struggle to punch it in from about a yard out several times last year but even KW might've gotten some of those carries too, I don't remember, and that's really on the O-Line and play-calling more than anything.  And there is of course KW's one very notable red zone possession against Bama.

KW is a great 3rd back, so glad we have him, but he's not taking a lot of carries away from JW or AC - some, but not a lot. 

And I want him to get that one carry back this year w/ a different result! He's earned it.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

daBoar

"Enose"?!
I assumed he meant he had e nose for coaching.

98hogs

Hang on to the ball!  Nuff said

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

jrulz83

Beta version of the Enose:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

PonderinHog

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 01:21:02 pm

You may be right about the number of passes being the same.  Hopefully, BA's completion percentage increases and fewer passes are plain old throwaways.

thefisher

June 10, 2015, 05:26:43 pm #38 Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:54:33 pm by thefisher
It is well known but still worth noting that CBB had three 1000 yard rushers in the 2010 season while at Wisconsin. Well .... within 4 yards of it. 

Total rushing yards that year stood at 3194 with 48 TD's.  A 5.5 yards/carry average.
Passing yards were about 2,600. 
The quarterbacks threw 17 TD's with 7 picks. A 9.4 yards/attempt average.
Total offensive yards 5787

Last year the Hogs had these stats by way of comparison -
Total rushing yards 2834 with 31 TD's. A 5.1 yards/carry average.
Passing yards of 2444 with 21 TD's and 6 picks. A 6.8 yards/attempt average.
Total offensive yards 5278.

By comparison Wisconsin only had about 360 more yards rushing that year but produced 17 MORE RUSHING TD'S! That stat certainly caught my attention.

Wisconsin also had 156 more yards passing but 4 fewer TD's. Both QB's took pretty good care of the ball.

CBB has shown the willingness to feed the rock to multiple guys to stay fresh in the past. It may be all the more necessary in early summer heat in the SEC.

Time will soon tell .... it will soon tell.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

Hog N Bama

"Enose"?!
I saw it but was afraid I'd be blasted out of Hogville if I said anything.

Acehawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 01:21:02 pm

Bet we do pass more.  Enos wasn't brought in to run the Wisconsin offense, sorta common sense if you think about it.  And I predict Walker will have 200 yards on the year rushing while playing fullback.

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 08:54:16 pm
Bet we do pass more.  Enos wasn't brought in to run the Wisconsin offense, sorta common sense if you think about it.  And I predict Walker will have 200 yards on the year rushing while playing fullback.

Jim Chaney was more pass happy than enos and he just left

So no, common sense would say that the offense will still be what Bret pretty much ran at Wisconsin

That doesn't mean there won't be improvements in the passing game

Enos will make things more simple. A lot like Rob Smith did for the defense

Acehawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 08:56:58 pm

Jim Chaney was more pass happy than enos and he just left

So no, common sense would say that the offense will still be what Bret pretty much ran at Wisconsin

That doesn't mean there won't be improvements in the passing game

Enos will make thinks more simple. A lot like Rob Smith did for the defense
I think we'll pass for more yards and a better completion rate.  Chaney couldn't produce in the passing game and Bret went back to the running game to win games.  If the passing game produces I don't think Bret will slow it down.   He wants a winning offense, run or pass...IMO   

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:04:39 pm
I think we'll pass for more yards and a better completion rate.  Chaney couldn't produce in the passing game and Bret went back to the running game to win games.  If the passing game produces I don't think Bret will slow it down.   He wants a winning offense, run or pass...IMO   

Bret ran the ball because that's what Bret will do.

Ball control and dominate the line of scrimmage. That will be how we play games. There won't be many games where Brandon throws for more than 200 yards. If there are that probably means we played from behind a lot

Again I think our passing game will be more efficient but they aren't going to come out and chunk the ball around. Bret has a system and is going to stick to it.

Jim Chaney and Bret didn't mesh well together because they have a contrast in philosophy. Two totally different approaches to the game. It won't be like that with Enos. He didn't even bring anyone in to put on staff and is learning Brets terminology.

Acehawg

Quote from: rhames on June 10, 2015, 09:13:06 pm

Bret ran the ball because that's what Bret will do.

Ball control and dominate the line of scrimmage. That will be how we play games. There won't be many games where Brandon throws for more than 200 yards. If there are that probably means we played from behind a lot

Again I think our passing game will be more efficient but they aren't going to come out and chunk the ball around. Bret has a system and is going to stick to it.

Jim Chaney and Bret didn't mesh well together because they have a contrast in philosophy. Two totally different approaches to the game. It won't be like that with Enos. He didn't even bring anyone in to put on staff and is learning Brets terminology.
We saw plenty of "spread" passing plays in the spring game, more so than in years past...so we'll see.

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:18:05 pm
We saw plenty of "spread" passing plays in the spring game, more so than in years past...so we'll see.

I respect what your saying but I really don't think that the spring game is any indication of what we will do come fall. They did the same thing last spring.

secneahog

Screens...check down passes to the rbs in the future.
Rewatch the red & white game. We will throw more. Love tossing it on 1st down.

Henry...Hatcher...Sprinkle...break out. 

Kody walker will be used a lot. Showed out impressively in the spring game.

Fresh legs all the way around for a grinder schedule.
:razorback:

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

rhames

Quote from: secneahog on June 10, 2015, 09:21:30 pm
Screens...check down passes to the rbs in the future.
Rewatch the red & white game. We will throw more. Love tossing it on 1st down.

Henry...Hatcher...Sprinkle...break out. 

Kody walker will be used a lot. Showed out impressively in the spring game.

Fresh legs all the way around for a grinder schedule.
:razorback:

Henry and sprinkle were used last year

I agree we will see more screens

Still don't think Brandon will pass for more than 200 a game much

They will be more efficient in the passing game which will help the running game. Still look for the pass to run ratio to be the same

Also spring games mean nothing. You all should know this by now. They are made to make the offense look good and to be fun for the fans to watch.

And the two players the offense will revolve around didn't even play.

Acehawg

Going back to your last post, the contrast in philosophy was more related to a lack of production in the passing game than a true difference of ideas, I think.  We'll find out this year.  Bret let Chaney do his thing until it wasn't working then he went back to what he knows works.

rhames

Quote from: Acehawg on June 10, 2015, 09:27:58 pm
Going back to your last post, the contrast in philosophy was more related to a lack of production in the passing game than a true difference of ideas, I think.  We'll find out this year.  Bret let Chaney do his thing until it wasn't working then he went back to what he knows works.

The contrast in philosophy is that Chaney needs about three to four wr's that produce and Bret isn't focused on recruiting that. We don't have the personnel to run what Chaney wants to run. Maybe Bret thought it would be a good offense to use as he phased out petrino players but the two just use two different types of skill players

We now have the blueprint to play smash mouth football. That's what we are going to do.