Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alcohol At Football Games

Started by NuttinItUp, June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:03:20 am by NuttinItUp
Looks like New University of Texas president Greg Fenves says he is in favor of allowing beer sales at football games to "enhance the fan experience".

Could other universities like the U of A start looking at changing their policy soon too?
(Stadium-wide, not just in special areas.)

ricepig

The conference would have to change it's policy, I don't see it changing anytime soon, but I didn't think I'd be drinking one last year, either.

popcornhog

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 04:57:08 pm
The conference would have to change it's policy, I don't see it changing anytime soon, but I didn't think I'd be drinking one last year, either.

I'm not sure it's an SEC policy.

For instance, at DWRRS, you can buy and consume alcohol only in the indoor club and suite areas. NOT even in the outdoor club. And it's only beer/wine.

At Tiger Stadium, you can buy and consume beer/wine/liquor in all stadium club areas, including outdoor club.

At Mizzou Stadium, there are no alcohol sales.

It varies quite a lot even within the SEC. Maybe there is an SEC rule, but I'm not sure what it is if there is one.
WPS

ricepig

Rzbakfromwaybak

June 04, 2015, 05:47:04 pm #4 Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:58:25 pm by Rzbakfromwaybak
Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm

Looks like New University of Texas president Greg Fenves says he is in favor of allowing beer sales at football games to "enhance the fan experience".

Could other universities like the U of A start looking at changing their policy soon too?

Lol.  So, the new UT president wants to..."enhance the fan experience", by allowing beer sales.  Certainly curious he brings this up when their football program is not exactly at it's peak.

Translation:  "We want to make the curb stomping's we are going thru, a little easier on our fans"...

Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

ricepig

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on June 04, 2015, 05:47:04 pm
Lol.  So, the new UT president wants to..."enhance the fan experiment", by allowing beer sales.  Certainly curious he brings this up when their football program is not exactly at it's peak.

Translation:  "We want to make the curb stomping's we are going thru, a little easier on our fans"...

Well, to be honest, we introduced ours after a 3-9 record.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 05:53:43 pm
But ours is just in a few select areas, correct?
(I live out of area and genuinely don't know our policy; I am not being sarcastic or anything.)

ricepig

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 04, 2015, 06:57:18 pm
But ours is just in a few select areas, correct?
(I live out of area and genuinely don't know our policy; I am not being sarcastic or anything.)

Indoor club only, but outdoor club patrons can go inside a drink a beer, or have a glass of wine.

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan experience will get better when they can bring their guns too.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

NuttinItUp

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on June 04, 2015, 07:45:05 pm
Haha, I would imagine a lot of people already are packing.

Calling All Hogs

I assumed Texas was already selling beer at games. Knowing Texas, they probably sell guns at games (although not directly in the player's locker room, of course). 

hobhog

Good grief.....

NuttinItUp

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 07:34:06 pm
Indoor club only, but outdoor club patrons can go inside a drink a beer, or have a glass of wine.

Correct........They just can't take it past the doors to their seat. I sit in them. I saw quite a few people drinking inside the concession area even when the game was going on. It was dang near a beer party before the games and during halftime.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HillBillyHogfan

get ya one of these and hide it under a big shirt... helluva lot cheaper than 6-dollar stadium beer.

Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

NuttinItUp

That is, until you get the beer belly or the beer beard:

......or if you want to be a little classier, you can always do the "Wine Rack":

......of course if you want to use a flask for liquor, it can be made to look like almost anything:

HillBillyHogfan

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 05, 2015, 01:50:29 pm
That is, until you get the beer belly or the beer beard:

......or if you want to be a little classier, you can always do the "Wine Rack":

......of course if you want to use a flask for liquor, it can be made to look like almost anything:

once again, all cheaper than stadium concession beer.  And I refuse to spend money at a sorry-arse pepsi selling concession stand.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on June 05, 2015, 07:53:31 pm

once again, all cheaper than stadium concession beer.  And I refuse to spend money at a sorry-arse pepsi selling concession stand.

Oh man, I know my folks were pissed beyond belief when they switched from Coke to Pepsi products.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 05, 2015, 10:30:16 pm
Oh man, I know my folks were pissed beyond belief when they switched from Coke to Pepsi products.

I wonder what the average sales per fan are now with Pepsi versus before when it was Coke and IF the schools contract with Pepsi is enough to offset any perceived individual average sales drop. IF there is one thing that a lot of people are brand loyal too it is sugar drinks. What's ironic is I've never seen our AD drink a pepsi or coke, only water.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 06, 2015, 07:12:53 am
I wonder what the average sales per fan are now with Pepsi versus before when it was Coke and IF the schools contract with Pepsi is enough to offset any perceived individual average sales drop. IF there is one thing that a lot of people are brand loyal too it is sugar drinks. What's ironic is I've never seen our AD drink a pepsi or coke, only water.

I was watching the replay of DVH's PC after the game yesterday, he had two bottles of Dasani on the table, that won't go over well.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2015, 07:20:02 am
I was watching the replay of DVH's PC after the game yesterday, he had two bottles of Dasani on the table, that won't go over well.
I assume that is a Coke product from the way you phrased that? (I have no idea.)

Hogs-n-Roses

Sorry but mine will be an unpopular opinion. I think its enough that patrons and kids are exposed to over drunkenness at a public event. The sober up factor created when pre game consumption is halted cause they have to go into the game is usually enough . I know most folks drink responsibly but the few do ruin it for all.
I know the kids are exposed to it at home but that's a personal choice at your home.
On a positive note it does create more work for attorneys.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 06, 2015, 08:13:09 am
I assume that is a Coke product from the way you phrased that? (I have no idea.)

I didn't think about that! Nice catch. Yes Dasani is a coke product. Aguafina is Pepsi.

P.S. At every JL press conference he's drinking bottled water. I don't remember what brand though.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 06, 2015, 08:26:59 am
Sorry but mine will be an unpopular opinion. I think its enough that patrons and kids are exposed to over drunkenness at a public event. The sober up factor created when pre game consumption is halted cause they have to go into the game is usually enough . I know most folks drink responsibly but the few do ruin it for all.
I know the kids are exposed to it at home but that's a personal choice at your home.
On a positive note it does create more work for attorneys.

If someone never wants to ever see someone drunk then someone shouldn't ever leave their house.

WilsonHog

My seats are in the South Indoor Club, and I don't believe I saw anyone last season who had been overserved.

ricepig

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 06, 2015, 10:03:25 am
My seats are in the South Indoor Club, and I don't believe I saw anyone last season who had been overserved.

Nope, I didn't see anyone either, in fact, I'd say the price, time to get a beer, and missing some action lends itself to small intake.

OLDHOG

Yes please. Oh, I'm sorry I thought that was a question.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Tom Bennett on June 06, 2015, 10:03:25 am

I know someone intimately involved with the RRS alcohol sales. I'm right underneath in the south outdoor club and I agree. They are very careful.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 06, 2015, 11:18:45 am
I know someone intimately involved with the RRS alcohol sales. I'm right underneath in the south outdoor club and I agree. They are very careful.

So, they're in a relationship with these sales?

LZH

I would love not wearing cowboy boots to games anymore (when I can get to some).

BTW, I thought Ole Miss has sold beer for a while, now.

redswarmrising

If alcohol is needed for you to enjoy a game than you're probably on my list of people i want to shank

SooiecidetillNuttgone

I do believe that this is a thinly veiled attack at freedoms when attacks should be aimed at wrongdoing.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

nchogg

Quote from: redswarmrising on June 09, 2015, 01:59:08 pm
If alcohol is needed for you to enjoy a game than you're probably on my list of people i want to shank
Yes and you can't reason with a drunk.

outlawhogeywells

Maybe being drunk is the only way Texass fans can enjoy the product on the field

nchogg

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on June 09, 2015, 02:59:02 pm
Maybe being drunk is the only way Texass fans can enjoy the product on the field
Texas needs "a tear in their beer".

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ricepig on June 04, 2015, 05:53:43 pm

Lol...Yep, that was my point.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: redswarmrising on June 09, 2015, 01:59:08 pm

What?

But I am curious as to this list of yours. Anyone having a good time? Or just those nasty degenerate beer drinkers and tailgaters... Who else do you want to shank?

Also, it's *then* (just because of your absurd statement)

hoghiker

I drink beer. I like beer, a lot, but between paying stadium prices, standing in line to purchase a beer, then waiting in line to stand at a urinal and fighting the crowd to get back to my seat (by which time my beer would be empty) I don't see me being much of a customer. I'll just quench my thirst down on the old main drag and celebrate another Arkansas victory with better beer than they'd ever sell at the stadium. Sell it or not. Not much of a difference to me.

TheRazorback500

The price is the main gripe-heck, you can get 12 at the store for what three costs at most games. Other than fans with money to burn or who just want to enjoy that stadium beer experience, most of them don't need any more by game time after tailgating all day. I wouldn't think sales at college football games would approach the volume of them at professional events.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

redswarmrising

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on June 12, 2015, 06:08:47 pm
What?

But I am curious as to this list of yours. Anyone having a good time? Or just those nasty degenerate beer drinkers and tailgaters... Who else do you want to shank?

Also, it's *then* (just because of your absurd statement)

others on the list are. : people that have more than 10 items in the express lane,people that stop in the middle of the road and talk to another driver on that road,people that use more than 5 coupons at the store,and any Texas,LSU,or Auburn fan

oh annd btw,*Then* is used in past tense,so yes i used *Than* correctly

theFlyingHog

Alcohol is one of the main reasons I do not enjoy going to games. Way too many drunk jackasses

SooiecidetillNuttgone

June 14, 2015, 03:02:48 am #41 Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:34:02 pm by SooiecidetillNuttgone
Quote from: redswarmrising on June 13, 2015, 08:29:41 pm
others on the list are. : people that have more than 10 items in the express lane,people that stop in the middle of the road and talk to another driver on that road,people that use more than 5 coupons at the store,and any Texas,LSU,or Auburn fan

WTH????
Wow!  I'm more confused then an OM Reb with a full set of teeth....More then a Hip Hop Mennonite......More then a moderate zealot......More then a raging Buddhist.
Whew.....At least I know more now after reading this thread then than.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

hoghiker

Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 13, 2015, 09:37:18 pm
Alcohol is one of the main reasons I do not enjoy going to games. Way too many drunk jackasses
Where are your seats? I find belligerent, loud obnoxious drunks about as annoying as shingles but I honestly rarely ever see these types sitting in seats inside the stadium.

ricepig

Quote from: hoghiker on June 14, 2015, 07:51:45 am
Where are your seats? I find belligerent, loud obnoxious drunks about as annoying as shingles but I honestly rarely ever see these types sitting in seats inside the stadium.

My question too, I saw one guy pass out and sleep for a half, but not anyone belligerent.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on June 14, 2015, 07:57:59 am
My question too, I saw one guy pass out and sleep for a half, but not anyone belligerent.

I've seen much more belligerent fans that appear to not have had a drink than those that have.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 04, 2015, 04:46:32 pm

And why not?! Heck, the way the whorens have been playing lately I think making money off what their fans have been doing more and more lately would only make sense. :D

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: redswarmrising on June 13, 2015, 08:29:41 pm

No that's not how it works.

That aside, if people know they can have a beer or two during the game maybe they won't feel the need to cram a few extra in beforehand. Those who sneak in flasks may reason that they are better off just getting a beer. In some way, it might mean that people enter the game less drunk all while providing the stadium with a lot of extra revenue.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: FrankCourtneyNicodemus on June 14, 2015, 04:14:02 pm
No that's not how it works.

That aside, if people know they can have a beer or two during the game maybe they won't feel the need to cram a few extra in beforehand. Those who sneak in flasks may reason that they are better off just getting a beer. In some way, it might mean that people enter the game less drunk all while providing the stadium with a lot of extra revenue.

I'm going to St. Louis to see the Cards play the Braves next month. I wonder if I  can drink inside Bush Stadium..........or if I need to get filled up before I go in?

<Sarcasm fully intended>

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Why the need to protect people from themselves?    Let people live free.   Provide penalties to disobeying laws.

Give people the freedom to drink on premises.   Toss out fans that have made a nuisance of themselves.   Call the cops on those that have become a hazard of some sort.......REGARDLESS of whether they have had a few too many, a few, or none at all.

Please stop with the Daddy and Mommy Government mentality.  Let people live free and pay their own price when they screw up.  It's pretty simple.
His response to me:

ricepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on June 14, 2015, 04:38:15 pm
Why the need to protect people from themselves?    Let people live free.   Provide penalties to disobeying laws.

Give people the freedom to drink on premises.   Toss out fans that have made a nuisance of themselves.   Call the cops on those that have become a hazard of some sort.......REGARDLESS of whether they have had a few too many, a few, or none at all.

Please stop with the Daddy and Mommy Government mentality.  Let people live free and pay their own price when they screw up.  It's pretty simple.

Well, sometimes the screws ups effect others........