Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor Academics Takes Out Hog Football's Ramsey

Started by Mike Irwin, May 29, 2015, 07:33:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

May 29, 2015, 07:33:45 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:48:20 pm by Mike Irwin
In a wide ranging session with the media Razorback football head coach Bret Bielema revealed that sophomore linebacker Randy Ramsey is no longer with the team.
"There are certain things that happened to him that took it out of my hands," Bielema said just prior to the start of the Northwest Arkansas Razorback Club Golf Scramble. "Actually it's NCAA and University of Arkansas guidelines that you have to pass a certain number of hours to get to where you need to be and obviously he didn't make that."
----------------------
To read the rest of this story and to view clips of Bielema's presser click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/poor-academics-takes-out-hog-footballs-ramsey/39740/5UZ8dqMlYkWnv79IpsLjIQ

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike Irwin on May 29, 2015, 07:33:45 pm
In a wide ranging session with the media Razorback football head coach Bret Bielema revealed that sophomore linebacker Randy Ramsey is no longer with the team.
"There are certain things that happened to him that took it out of my hands," Bielema said just prior to the start of the Northwest Arkansas Razorback Club Golf Scramble. "Actually it's NCAA and University of Arkansas guidelines that you have to pass a certain number of hours to get to where you need to be and obviously he didn't make that."
----------------------
To read the rest of this story click on the link below:
http://www.nwahomepage.com/fulltextsports/d/story/poor-academics-takes-out-hog-footballs-ramsey/39740/5UZ8dqMlYkWnv79IpsLjIQ

Real sorry to hear this. Proud of Bielema for handling this as he has. Once you have done all you can to help a kid, in the end, the kid has to get it done. Don't know the circumstances surrounding all of this but I do wish Randy Ramsey the very best for his future, wherever that may be.
Go Hogs Go!

Hawgey-Davidson

Thread title says it all. Best of luck to the young man.

SquidBilly

Hope the kid is able to turn it around and get himself back in good academic standing. 

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Hawgzinbowlz

Good luck Mr. Ramsey, and life moves on.  " GO HOGS "

smb

GeorgiaHOG

DeltaBoy

Hope he can go to a Jr College for a year and come back better than ever.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

Should RR get his act together I get the feeling that the welcome mat was removed for future consideration after he was removed from the team. He failed to help himself from the last part of the fall semester through the spring semester; any future considerations of playing D1 football will be at some other program other than the Hogs.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

HoGFromTheStart

DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!

HoGFromTheStart

Thats a bummer! Gotta keep those grades up.
DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!

havok

Just Never ceases to amaze me, how people can just throw away tremendous opportunities that 99.9% of us could only dream of... especially with the multitude of support and assistance that most students don't get.

Such a waste... 

RazorbackToTheFuture

I know it's offseason but take this off the sticky spot up top on the forums.  Shouldn't leave bad news up for this long.

OnTheHillHogFan

He is still in Fayetteville. He and several other current hogs have posted pictures of him working out with them so hopefully this means he is trying to do whatever he has to do to become eligible.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

TeufelHog

Hey guys, don't you think this thread has served it's purpose.  We're not allowed to bash athletes for performance on the field, so let's not embarrass them for months because of their performance in the classroom.

I'm all about holding our players accountable and letting recruits know you're a student first and foremost, but put yourself in Ramsey's shoes.  Enough already . . . we received the info.  Let's "unhighlight/important" the thread and let it die.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 14, 2015, 04:34:09 pm
He is still in Fayetteville. He and several other current hogs have posted pictures of him working out with them so hopefully this means he is trying to do whatever he has to do to become eligible.

For Randy's sake, I hope he sticks it out here, and I'm not strictly talking in terms of our football team, either.

I believe the environment CBB/Staff have set up at the UA is the best place for a kid who needs help/guidance/maturity.

IMO it will be a life changing event if Ramsey can work through this and become a producing student athlete in our program.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Three and Snout

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 16, 2015, 10:44:32 am
IMO it will be a life changing event if Ramsey can work through this and become a producing student athlete in our program.

Unfortunately, Ramsey can't even be a non-athlete student at the U of A until spring.  Whether or not he could return to the team at that point, I don't know.  I just don't want people getting their hopes up that he can somehow be on the team this fall.  I believe Mike Irwin has also mentioned Ramsey's academic standing with the university (not just NCAA eligibility) in a couple of his posts on the matter.