Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We've got to recruit a couple more DEs with speed

Started by Piggfoot, November 28, 2016, 09:11:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

We lost one DE to Ole Miss and now have only one on the list. Actually I think we need to recruit 3 DEs and only one DT. With more and more teams moving to up tempo spreads with running QB's it doesn't make sense to recruit heavy DTs unless they can move.
Also we need speed at every Defensive position. It makes no sense to recruit a slow LB who can't cover slots or fast tight ends.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

ricepig

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 28, 2016, 09:11:55 pm
We lost one DE to Ole Miss and now have only one on the list. Actually I think we need to recruit 3 DEs and only one DT. With more and more teams moving to up tempo spreads with running QB's it doesn't make sense to recruit heavy DTs unless they can move.
Also we need speed at every Defensive position. It makes no sense to recruit a slow LB who can't cover slots or fast tight ends.

We didn't lose one to OM, but we do need a couple in this class.

jgphillips3

Great idea.  Then we can add weight and move them to DT.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ricepig on November 28, 2016, 09:13:56 pm
We didn't lose one to OM, but we do need a couple in this class.
the recruiting forum listed Ryder Anderson DE as a Arkansas recruit. Now apparently he has committed to Ole Miss.
What's up?
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

TX HOG

I've said it already tonight. Jeff Traylor is not going back to Longhorns. Most probably don't know him. I do living in east Texas my whole life. He was the big12 best recruiter last year. He can walk into any east Texas HS he wants.

BigE_23

We've got a 4* specimen that was recruited by nearly everyone buried in the depth chart at TE...his name is Jamario Bell.

You can't tell me that kid isn't any better than the trash pass rush we've seen this year. Makes zero sense to me.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 28, 2016, 09:29:04 pm
the recruiting forum listed Ryder Anderson DE as a Arkansas recruit. Now apparently he has committed to Ole Miss.
What's up?
He was encouraged to find another home. I am guessing based on almost no stats this year he was injured. At his size he was going to be a project or a TE.

We have Ramsey and Taylor for speed rushers already, and Agim should be a DE and well may be next year. Not sure if the kid who just committed from La. Is going to be a DE or DT because he is listed at 299.