Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any possibility of playing Texas in a bowl this year?

Started by Sweet Feet, November 28, 2016, 01:16:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweet Feet

There are i think 6-7 bowl spots that are gonna have 5-7 teams. What is the probability of Arkansas playing Texas in another bowl?

hogsanity

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 28, 2016, 01:16:37 pm
There are i think 6-7 bowl spots that are gonna have 5-7 teams. What is the probability of Arkansas playing Texas in another bowl?

Why on this or any other planet would we want to play Texas?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Sportster365

The last thing we need is to get waxed by newly hired Tom Herman.

HotlantaHog

Quote from: Sportster365 on November 28, 2016, 01:31:22 pm
The last thing we need is to get waxed by newly hired Tom Herman.
Doubt he will be coaching the bowl game ...

a0ashle

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/5ej7mg/apr_rankings_for_potential_bowl_qualifiers/

6 bowls, 3 more potential 6 win teams, and a guarantee of 3 APR qualifiers. Texas might be the highest on the list, their APR is very high and they would draw but....

can you see Texas accepting it? I just can't see it happening.

GoPigs69

Quote from: Sweet Feet on November 28, 2016, 01:16:37 pm

who freaking cares???  Our fanbase is so stuck in the 60's....

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: GoPigs69 on November 28, 2016, 01:46:33 pm
who freaking cares???  Our fanbase is so stuck in the 60's....

Although Texas might sneak in at 5-7 due to APR the only two bowls where they could possible face Arkansas are the Liberty and Texas bowl.  Most projections have TCU and KSU in those bowls for the B12 and so Arkansas is highly unlikely to go to either game as this would be a rematch of a recent game.

Arkansas seems likely to end up in the Music City vs Iowa/Minnesota or the Belk vs UNC.

Torqued pork

UNC in the Belk Bowl seems to be most likely in the last few days. I doubt many Hog fans will travel beyond Memphis or Shreveport regardless. UNC fans would guarantee a decent crowd, obviously.

Tejano Jawg

No. We'll get a 'slightly' better opponent than UT.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

RedRock

hoglady

Hope to be matched up against someone with a winning record.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality