Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

Austin Allen

227 of 370 for 3152 61% 23TD vs 12 INTs taking 28 sacks

Brandon Allen

128 of 258 for 1552 49% 13 TD vs 10 INT ?? Sacks

Tyler Wilson

277 of 438 for 3638 63% 24 TD vs 6 INT ?Sacks

Comparatively speaking I think Austin allen has played pretty well in his debut.  If I remember correctly all three spent plenty of time on their backs.  there were plenty of highs and lows mixed in but they are still learning what it takes to win at this level week in and week out. 

Brandon Allens last team finally got on the same page at some point, and I think this team has some potential as well.  there were a lot of hold overs from the brandon allen era to help austin out, but next year give a lot of young talent a shot at breaking out. 

Whatever you think of the coaching situation, this team proved it has the ability to beat good teams.  It just needs to figure out the consistency thing.  to do that, new leaders will have to emerge as a lot of the old guard graduates this year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DukeOfPork

Based on how incompetent the offensive line is, I think Austin played extremely well.  If we had protected him as well as we protected Brandon last year, I could see his stats being much better.

If I remember correctly, Tyler took some shots as well; he did not receive the protection that Mallett did.  But I also recall there being some discussion about many of those sacks/hits being the result of improper reads and holding onto the ball too long (which is why Petrino was incessantly screaming at him, I suppose).

HF#1

He had a good year for being a first year starter. It's a shame we are losing all of our most dependable WR's. Next year could be rough.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

3kgthog

Which good teams did we beat this year? The best team we beat is about to get thumped in Atlanta and have 4 losses. 

a0ashle

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 28, 2016, 08:29:54 am
Which good teams did we beat this year? The best team we beat is about to get thumped in Atlanta and have 4 losses.

Is there not another thread more suited to bashing the team in general? AA had a good year, you can argue the team didn't, but AA definitely did.

The Kig

Tyler took 26 sacks his first year in 13 games.  He took 14 the next year in 11 games w/ 3387 yds passing.

Brandon took 7 sacks his first year in 11 games. He took 14 his senior year in 13 games w/ 3440 yds passing.

AA will have a 13th game to pad his stats (and maybe sack total) a bit more.  On the whole, a really good year where the OL essentially got him beat to hell.  On par w/ Tyler's first year.
Poker Porker

sp84hogs

The main difference between the three would have to be that TW was 11-2 as a first year starter.  The team was also ranked #3 going into the last week of the regular season, and finished #5.  Statistically speaking though, AA played very well considering the tools he had to work with.
"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

hogfanny