Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB making changes?

Started by RebelW, November 27, 2016, 05:02:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

When CBB said the other night hat he won't be making any staff changes, it made me wonder.. Do you think he's really that hard headed or is he just saying that until after the bowl game?

mtnmusic

I suspect that he's going to help some defensive assistants find gainful employment elsewhere.

longpig

Said he wasn't 'planning' on making changes.  You can take that as he doesn't have anyone on the chopping block at the moment.  Changes will happen after he's finished with reviews.  There's bound to be a couple of coaches looking elsewhere now.
Don't be scared, be smart.

LZH

Coach-speak. Heads gonna roll.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: RebelW on November 27, 2016, 05:02:46 pm
When CBB said the other night hat he won't be making any staff changes, it made me wonder.. Do you think he's really that hard headed or is he just saying that until after the bowl game?

He's that hard headed. Go back and watch us try to punch it in against A&M over and over and over and over ....

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 27, 2016, 05:18:34 pm
He's that hard headed. Go back and watch us try to punch it in against A&M over and over and over and over ....

That was the worst.  As disappointing as MO loss.  But I bet he's making some changes. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

lasthog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 27, 2016, 05:18:34 pm

Agree to stubborn, but he's not stupid.

He would have to be both to not make major changes on defense.

parallaxpig

If you have paid attention to every off season since he has been here, yes there will be changes. I would venture a couple of his choice and probably one that's not. 
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

hobhog

Before the last loss I was wondering, now I am pretty sure changes will be made. And need to be.

trippigs

Does Coach have a history of encouraging or forcing anyone to leave? Either here or @ Wisky.... I really do not know.  It can be a sign of maturity and confidence. If he makes a move here I suspect it will done with tact.   

Dwight_K_Shrute

I could see this scenario on Monday.

Rory Segrest arrives at the BAC, and walks into the lobby.

Rory:  Hey Charlie Partridge what are you doing here?

CP:  Well err um you see.

Rory:  Hey man sorry they let you go at FAU.  That's the coaching profession am I right?

CP:  Jeez Rory this is a bit awkward.

Rory:  Don't sweat it Charlie no need to be embarrassed about being let go.  Did you come to get some advice from Bret?  He sure is a great mentor.

CP:  Well not exactly.....

Rory:  Speak of the devil, Hey Coach B what's up?  Did you know Charlie was here?  Why are you carrying that box with my name on it?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

reddogjcss

BoarnSupremacy

I dunno.  He is at least as stubborn as Nutt.  Yet there is more than enough evidence to make a change on defense.

code red

At this point I really don't care.....much like Jeff
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Danny J

1highhog

It wasn't just the defense that lost us this game against Mizzou Friday though, let's get that straight right now.  Stubborn play calling got us again within the 5 yd. line and the int's didn't help either, something the Austin sure needs to work on this offseason, this upcoming Bowl game that we'll get put in I'll find hard to watch this year, strictly for this Mizzou game.  If this team couldn't get hyped for this game after what #38 from Mizzou said about us, then they don't deserve a Bowl.

As far as the sayings of CBB, if he fails to fire, hire, some new Defensive Coaches then I'm all for seeing him move on.  And I've been for him thru wins and losses, but have stated since the 1st game of the last season we needed a new DC, I still stand by that just as much plus a few others on Defense.

Hawghiggs

CBB should be making a lot of changes. He should be on the phone with Partridge, and Strong.  A complete overhaul of the staff might be a good thing.

BoarnSupremacy

I agree.  The defense gave up 21 pts and the offense shut down against mizzou,

BoarnSupremacy

Partridge?   No reason to backtrack.

tusksincolorado

No changes until after the bowl game....remember the Coach Herring fiasco?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

ricepig

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on November 27, 2016, 07:38:26 pm
Partridge?   No reason to backtrack.

Excellent recruiter, especially in Florida. He got kids to come to Wisconsin from Florida, and was considered by most to be a good d-line coach.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on November 27, 2016, 07:46:53 pm
Excellent recruiter, especially in Florida. He got kids to come to Wisconsin from Florida, and was considered by most to be a good d-line coach.

Would be a reliable upgrade in all phases.  Bring him on.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

grayhawg

At least 2 and maybe up to 4 will replaced, just a guess

GoHogs1091

I would like to see the following.

Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers    Jim Leavitt

http://www.cubuffs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1065&path=football

Defensive Line    Tracy Rocker

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/tracy_rocker_883838.html

Cornerbacks    Tim Duffie

http://www.okstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=27

Safeties    Mike Archer

1976–1977   Miami (FL) (GA)
1978   Miami (FL) (assistant)
1979–1983   Miami (FL) (DB)
1984   LSU (DB)
1985–1986   LSU (DC/DB)
1987–1990   LSU
1991–1992   Virginia (LB)
1993–1994   Kentucky (DC/LB)
1995   Kentucky (AHC/DC/LB)
1996–2002   Pittsburgh Steelers (LB)
2003–2006   Kentucky (DC)
2007–2012   NC State (DC)
2014   Virginia (S)
2015   Virginia (Assoc. HC/LB)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Archer_(American_football)

idochog

Changes will be made but not until after bowl season or even signing day.  No need to upset recruiting any more than necessary.

Announcement may be made sooner if we get a splash hire or someone with recruiting prowess
I love Jesus!

Tusks

Im holding solid on no changes.  He was shocked at the question.  He could of said 'we evaluate everything' and just moved on, but he was surprised and then made a point to say no changes.

This group up on the hill is just as bad as the BAC days with Hootie.  Now that the disruptive force of BP is gone and they can all do their yuck yuck with the coach and AD.  Fans are back to wanting a winner but will just be served a chicken dinner and told to like it or leave.  Add that there will be more places to party with the new suites and its going to be a bunch of corporate execs and the band watching on Saturdays.

Fans will be doing something else as the hogs go 7-5/3-5 for the next 5 years.

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Sooie71923

I hope he doesn't. I hope he digs in.

HamSammich

No changes guys , accept truth.

porkrindjimmy

I think he will be looking for an OC.

PRJ

grayhawg

sickboy

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: grayhawg on November 27, 2016, 09:35:24 pm
Where is Enos going?

Somewhere other than here...

In all seriousness, somebody is going to offer Dan a sweet deal. It will be up to us to match it. Dan seems to be frustrated and I think he is the most likely to go.

On the defensive side of the ball, Segrist is the most likely to go. Bielema will have to find Smith a good gig, he won't outright fire him and you have the small problem of the wives being best friends. I don't see Bret moving Robb anywhere.

PRJ

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LZH on November 27, 2016, 05:18:28 pm
Coach-speak. Heads gonna roll.

Hope so. I was upset when I saw he said that.  I do,think he could have been a little evasive about it, not answered as direct and succinct as he did and calmed some fans nerves in light of what had just happened in the game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi