Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are playing with upperclassmen that were brought in during losing seasons?

Started by luke hawg, November 27, 2016, 10:52:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

luke hawg

Why is those hard for many of you to understand? I'm excited to be going to a bowl game. I saw a losing season as a strong possibility. The best players in 2013 all played early and left. 2014 was our worst team in razorback history and brought in our lowest rated class. 2012 class was good but look how many transferred during the two coaching changes. These players are the redshirt seniors, seniors, redshirt juniors, juniors and redshirt sophomores on this team. It's just part of the process. We need to make a bowl game again next year as well. After next season, you can start talking conference championship which is all I care about. It doesn't matter if we go to the Belk, Birmingham, Liberty, Outback, Music City, or Citrus bowl. We just can't have an Ole Miss or Mississippi State season. We replaced the most important parts of a Bielema football team and are shooting for an 8 win season.

porkrindjimmy

fullfan

Quote from: luke hawg on November 27, 2016, 10:52:14 am
Why is those hard for many of you to understand? I'm excited to be going to a bowl game. I saw a losing season as a strong possibility. The best players in 2013 all played early and left. 2014 was our worst team in razorback history and brought in our lowest rated class. 2012 class was good but look how many transferred during the two coaching changes. These players are the redshirt seniors, seniors, redshirt juniors, juniors and redshirt sophomores on this team. It's just part of the process. We need to make a bowl game again next year as well. After next season, you can start talking conference championship which is all I care about. It doesn't matter if we go to the Belk, Birmingham, Liberty, Outback, Music City, or Citrus bowl. We just can't have an Ole Miss or Mississippi State season. We replaced the most important parts of a Bielema football team and are shooting for an 8 win season.

When you find out let us know when that great recruiting class is coming.

presidenthog

Dude how long is it going to take you to realize the last 2 years were not losing years.

2014 if bret had made a real hire at OC and got a real qb coach for BA. We should have beat A&M and BAMA. Atleast won 8-9 games.

2015: best offense I have ever seen. Had no business losing to toledo, tech and A&M. His fg bs during state shouldn't have happened. We should have been 10-2 or really 11-1 with our only loss being to bama 24-17.

Bret had his chance here to win big, beat bama, and get our the hump. Bret is a joke. He sucks. He will never win here. A better coach would have won big here. We wasn't that bad. Our coaching sucked. He squandered his chances with poor hires and being ill prepared.

Redhogs

Seek help...seriously NOT kidding. Don't know the clinical name for your condition, but it's definitely in the advanced stages.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

BigE_23

2014 we went 7-6 and won the Texas Bowl.

You're off on your time line...I think maybe this is why you're having a hard time understanding why so many are mad. It's been four years and four recruiting classes. We shouldn't be this bad and the gap shouldn't be this wide. That's the point.

Bacon_Bitz

Inhogswetrust

You need to think about sometimes it's not ONLY how many games a team loses but by HOW much and in this year also to whom in the last game.

Quote from: BigE_23 on November 27, 2016, 01:10:18 pm
2014 we went 7-6 and won the Texas Bowl.

You're off on your time line...I think maybe this is why you're having a hard time understanding why so many are mad. It's been four years and four recruiting classes. We shouldn't be this bad and the gap shouldn't be this wide. That's the point.

Exactly. It is the WAY we lost games BLOWN OUT this year and then also to whom this weekend. One of the worst ranked defenses in the whole country as well as last years defense being so bad and we still won 7. That's no reason to clean house completely but it IS a reason to consider and make SOME changes.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

farmhawg

This is like most of your other idiotic thoughts.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on November 27, 2016, 01:14:27 pm
Dude go away and never come back
Why? His opinions are different than yours? Geez, some of you are just brilliant.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Goodness, our fan base really is....

Conference championships?  Let me know when recruiting picks up in a measurable way.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Grumpypenguin

I mean I understand your point. But it's not like we're currently recruiting high ranked players that are going to change that. Still recruiting the same 2 and 3 star athletes and hoping enough them turn out to be studs to make a competitive team. But to be fair, no coach is going to come to Arkansas and change that. Our recruiting will always be middleof  the pack to lower end of SEC. Arkansas doesn't produce the talent and we only get Texas and Louisiana leftovers that powerhouse teams didn't want

MountieDawg

No clue Bret had a brother on Hogville.
SEC!

porkrindjimmy

I ain't going anywhere. Who are you anyway? Coming off in here like you run something. Lol

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Oh yes...you are the dude saying we are gonna win 11 games next year and saying the schedule sets up nicely next year. On the road at Bama, LSU, Ole Miss and A&M in Dallas.

You sir are brilliant.

PRJ

luke hawg

Quote from: Grumpypenguin on November 27, 2016, 02:53:36 pm
I mean I understand your point. But it's not like we're currently recruiting high ranked players that are going to change that. Still recruiting the same 2 and 3 star athletes and hoping enough them turn out to be studs to make a competitive team. But to be fair, no coach is going to come to Arkansas and change that. Our recruiting will always be middleof  the pack to lower end of SEC. Arkansas doesn't produce the talent and we only get Texas and Louisiana leftovers that powerhouse teams didn't want

This is true. It doesn't help when your forced to play many of them as freshman. We need to be playing more redshirt seniors, juniors, and sophomores. The talent in his first two classes were forced to play early. This is especially true of the offensive line. We have to stop playing freshman in the front seven and offensive line. Ideally I don't want to see a freshman on the field unless it's an Agim type talent. This next season a freshman will play at corner and wide receiver along with 2 or 3 Jucos.  This is our only chance of closing the gap.

Lake City Hog

Luke, here is my problem with the "we had to play them as freshmen" thing. NO, we didn't!
Skipper and Kirkland played as freshmen starting at about game 4 or game 5. We won 3 games that year, care to guess which 3? Right the 1st three. Those 2 guys playing in 2013 did not contribute to 1 single win. But, we did blow their redshirt.

And, please don't start that "we will only have them for 3 years crap"! If we have that many NFL ready players BB is doing MUCH worse than any of us thought.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog