Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cynical and giddy-ness is sad

Started by ALLVOL, November 27, 2016, 10:30:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoginator

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 27, 2016, 07:49:18 pm
Surprised at how many people completely missed the meaning of this thread.
I get it and agree...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 27, 2016, 07:49:18 pm
Surprised at how many people completely missed the meaning of this thread.

I don't see many people who seem happy and gleeful to say they were right. A few but not many

EastexHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on November 27, 2016, 12:11:30 pm
You people do realize that the word "fan" is derived from the word "fanatic", right?

Fans, put so much into their team and the coaches that inexplicable losses like Friday hurt them and when hurt people lash out. It's called human nature.

Now to my point, the thing that totally chaps my ass is those "fans" that NEVER place any blame on the HC. "MLB is just too slow" "Back 7 is horrible" "the last coach left us in a mess" and on and on. Guess what this is BB's 4th year! Sometime in those 4 years HE should have produced a better MLB, and a better "back7".

I wonder the same thing.  "He needs to fire assistant coaches" and hire replacements.  Didn't he hire the guys he supposedly needs to fire?  How many assistants will Bielema have gone through since he got here, and what evidence is there that letting him hire more will bring about better results?

To use the old Harry Truman line, at what point does the buck stop with the man in charge?

DeltaBoy

Believing the Coaching staff and media before the season set us and Tenn fans up for a rough year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Pork Twain

Hogville is always a sad place after a loss and is best to be avoided.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Lake City Hog

Vol, I do get your premise and yes there are a few like that in every fanbase.
Believe it or not you have the exact same thing when the team wins from certain people. They seem more excited that they were proven correct than that the team won.

Fanbases are made up of every type of person and that will never change. I started coming here to get more info, but I find that I do enjoy being able to express my opinions. It is nice to see how my ideas fit or don't fit with other people.
I get a kick out of those that feel like "hall monitors" and pass judgement on others people's ideas as if their own knowledge is so vastly superior. It gets really funny when they try to "hurt" you with the troll comment or call you petty little names like Nutt Hugger and such.

It is especially funny to read those comments from the few who try to act so aloof, you know, the "The Grove" type folks. " I would much rather spend my night eating a fine steak with my lovely wife. Sip some good wine and find out the score of the game later". I very nearly choked the night I read that one.

It's a freaking MESSAGE BOARD, we are all losers, all with flawed personalities, all with biased ideas, ESPECIALLY the guys that read this and say "not me"!!!!!

31to6

Quote from: ALLVOL on November 27, 2016, 10:30:06 am
I just don't get it.
+1

I have said many, many times:

There are "fans" on Hogville that would rather win a message board argument than see the Hogs win.

----

I am currently pretty negative about the defensive staff, and so if someone wants to say "I told you so", well I guess you get your message board warrior points.

But I am always optimistic.

The only coach I ever called out as a mistake from the beginning was JL Smith. And I have never been sadder to be right. What he and that staff did to those seniors was criminal.

hobhog

Quote from: 31to6 on November 28, 2016, 11:28:11 am
+1

I have said many, many times:

There are "fans" on Hogville that would rather win a message board argument than see the Hogs win.

----

I am currently pretty negative about the defensive staff, and so if someone wants to say "I told you so", well I guess you get your message board warrior points.

But I am always optimistic.

The only coach I ever called out as a mistake from the beginning was JL Smith. And I have never been sadder to be right. What he and that staff did to those seniors was criminal.

Word. But kinda were in the Jack Crow situation. No time to make a decent hire that late in April. At least it was one year deal.