Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

it's not just the hogs , a lot of major upsets this year .

Started by tophawg19, November 26, 2016, 10:12:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 26, 2016, 11:02:42 pm
We're 12-28 as a program in the SEC the last five years.  Only Kentucky is worse.  There is no such thing as us being "upset" by anyone.

The last 5 years includes a year of destruction from an interim HC and year 1 of a rebuild from the ground up.  I guess you looked at a recent SDS article and that's why you chose to point out a 5 year SEC record.  I think it's a bit unfair to include 2012 or 2013 in any comparisons.  No other school was dealt the hand we were dealt in that time frame.  We are still feeling the effects of that today in our lack of upper classmen depth, especially on defense.

Let's look at the past 3 years.  I think it gives a better perspective on where we are, and where we are headed.

Bama: 22-2                  Fla: 17-7
LSU: 14-10                   Georgia: 15-9
MSU: 13-11                   Tenn: 12-12
Miss: 13-11                   Mizz: 10-14
A&M: 11-13                   Ky: 8-16
Aub: 11-13                    SC: 7-17
Ark: 10-14                     Vandy: 5-19

So, yes, we sit at the bottom of the west.  However, we are a lot closer to A&M and Aub than we are to Kentucky. For a program that experienced the depths of hell 5 years ago (and still smoldering from it), this is not that bad...especially when you consider a few of the teams just above us are on a downward trend. 

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 26, 2016, 11:02:42 pm
We're 12-28 as a program in the SEC the last five years.  Only Kentucky is worse.  There is no such thing as us being "upset" by anyone.
Well, when will other SEC teams start firing their coach because they lost to Arkansas? If we win our bowl game our record will be 17-9 the last two years.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sweet Feet

Theres no way to sugar coat Arkansas blowing a 3 score lead to a 3 win team. Period

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogsanity

Actually, there are very few "major" upsets anymore. Pitt going into Clemson and winning would probably qualify ( oddly enough if Pn St wins Sat and makes the playoff, Pitt will have beaten two of the 4 playoff teams as they beat Pn St way back in early Sept).  MSU beating A&M - maybe. NDSU over Iowa. KY over UL - yea ( UL was a 27 pt favorite at home ).

Pretty much though there is so much parity that these upsets are not that bog most of the time. The Hogs game last Sat, the line was only AR -7.5 or *, so Vegas, while expecting  a Hog win by no means was calling for a blow out. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

tophawg19

Kansas Over texas , navy, SMU and Memphis over Houston. With the pass crazy style , it is going to get worse . All you need is one good game and your opponent to struggle
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

kp72204

As much as i thought we would win, I accept the fact that this wasn't an upset. I chose to believe we were better than we were. Case closed. Curious to see who all leaves and decides to go pro instead of stay for senior year.