Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-5 and 5th in the West...Where are we going bowling?

Started by JackTNHogfan, November 26, 2016, 06:08:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GTOWNHOG

I don't care where we go to a bowl.  I will not be there....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Atlhogfan1

A shame how this ended. Looking like Music City maybe whether we had won or lost with what has happened.  Could have had a nice enthusiastic crowd and good finish opportunity. Now we may end up hurting our bowl attractiveness in future with a weak showing in what should be a good venue for our fan base thanks to that awful loss.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 10:33:43 pm
Isn't the playoff ranking factored?   

LSU?

I'm assuming a 7-4 LSU will not be ranked ahead of all those 8-4 teams.  Current rankings don't mean much because they can re-rank the whole bunch ever week.

Whoever get the Sugar is likely to be playing a pretty good Ok State team and whether its Butch, or Gus, or Kevin, none can really afford an embarrassing loss in New Orleans.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 26, 2016, 10:43:20 pm
I'm assuming a 7-4 LSU will not be ranked ahead of all those 8-4 teams.  Current rankings don't mean much because they can re-rank the whole bunch ever week.

Whoever get the Sugar is likely to be playing a pretty good Ok State team and whether its Butch, or Gus, or Kevin, none can really afford an embarrassing loss in New Orleans.

Would love to see LSU defense against them.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danny J

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 26, 2016, 10:43:20 pm

Remember though the team LSU would have played last week they would have beat handily so they are 8-4 even though technically they are 7-4.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: RazorPiggie on November 26, 2016, 10:33:36 pm
Doubtful

Why doubtful? KY is another option and either is probably a better option for the bowl than AR. KY travels great for bowl games and thats a real easy drive for UK fans.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TNhawgfan on November 26, 2016, 06:33:06 pm
Do they have a running qb? Or a qb that throws deep? Or a qb with a pulse? If so, you're probably right

With this years defense all they would need is a QB that can handoff.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 27, 2016, 07:52:26 am
Why doubtful? KY is another option and either is probably a better option for the bowl than AR. KY travels great for bowl games and thats a real easy drive for UK fans.

That's because they can usually save up $ for several years before having to use it for a bowl.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 06:32:31 pm
Exactly who I'm thinking of.  Better team, better coached, better prepared.  They'd handle us.  But I bet it's the marchup TV wants given BB's Iowa connection.

Most of the Big10 sucks but Iowa does have one respectable 'W'.....Michigan.  Don't want to even consider what Michigan would do to us.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Hamstein

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: longpig on November 26, 2016, 06:23:29 pm
Independence Bowl is more crappy or as crappy as the Texas or Liberty and we haven't been there lately.
Shreveport sounds like the appropriate reward for losing to Missouri like we did.  I doubt if the Liberty Bowl would want Arkansas back again.  Dont get me wrong, Memphis loved Arkansas last year.  Our fans came and spent money and won and they loved us, but I dont think they would want us again so soon.

hogcard1964

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 27, 2016, 07:52:26 am

Kentucky and Vanderbilt are more attractive bowl teams than Arkansas.   Wow, let that sink in.

Hogarusa

Why would the Hogs or Liberty Bowl not want to be back for a 2nd year? We would sell the place out. Liberty would gladly accept that.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogcard1964

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 27, 2016, 11:40:40 am
Why would the Hogs or Liberty Bowl not want to be back for a 2nd year? We would sell the place out. Liberty would gladly accept that.

Arkansas fans won't show up this year like they have in the past.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Hogarusa on November 27, 2016, 11:40:40 am

We've NEVER sold it out. Good crowds but not sold out. It was listed by some as a sellout but tickets were easy to find on websites. Where we sat we had a lot of elbow room at the last one and the one before that.

jgphillips3

If it were Birmingham, few fans will show.  Same with Independence.  I think, football aside, lots would go to Nashville just to go to Nashville.  That or Liberty are probably our best hope for decent attendance.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 26, 2016, 06:10:46 pm
I don't care where we go. As long as we don't play Kansas State again.

Kansas State would kick the crap out of us.  As would most teams.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

rzrbackramsfan

This thread is just filled with negativity after negativity.