Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quit Pipe Dreaming

Started by Piggfoot, November 26, 2016, 03:07:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

For arguments sake let's say Bielema and Enos are staying. Orgeron is out. Strong is not coming here for a number of reasons.( remember this is a good old boy state)
So who do you have as a reasonable DC candidate? A coach who can defend the spread, RPO offenses, and can recruit the SEC states.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The_Bionic_Pig

Charlie Partridge to D-Line then you can get more 4-5 Star's from Florida.

The Defensive Coordinator - ?????
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rickfahr

having no idea who either of the two previous posters are, i'd take either one of you over our current dc

Cylinder

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 26, 2016, 03:07:40 pmStrong is not coming here for a number of reasons.( remember this is a good old boy state)

It is incredibly stupid and insulting to assert that Arkansas would somehow be adverse to Strong as DC presumably because of his ethnicity (remember this is a good old boy state). That's a punk move right there.

Torqued pork

I'm not a head coach, I'm just a head coach monitor. I just tell a head coach when there's a problem.

Coach, there's a problem.

Hairofthepig

Letsroll1200

My options for defensive coordinator

1. Tracy Rocker- Former do coach that is currently at Georgia.  Coached Jamal Anderson, Keith Jackson, Marcus Harrison, Jeb Huckeba rtc...

He is currently associate head coach at Georgia. He knows the SEC. Give him a chance to be a coordinator.

2. Randy Shannon- I think Randy Shannon is a long shot. However, offer him the sole responsibility of coordinating the defense.

3. Paul Rhodes - make him the d coordinator and put some talented guys on the staff around him

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2016, 04:19:59 pm
My options for defensive coordinator

1. Tracy Rocker- Former do coach that is currently at Georgia.  Coached Jamal Anderson, Keith Jackson, Marcus Harrison, Jeb Huckeba rtc...

He is currently associate head coach at Georgia. He knows the SEC. Give him a chance to be a coordinator.

2. Randy Shannon- I think Randy Shannon is a long shot. However, offer him the sole responsibility of coordinating the defense.

The
3. Paul Rhodes - make him the d coordinator and put some talented guys on the staff around him

I don't get the fancy with 2 or 3.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Kevin

Randy Shannon isn't coming back
Plus what has he done in the last decade
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SemperFi

Karl Dunbar, DL Coach at Alabama
Tosh Lupoi, CO-DC at Alabama
David Turner, DT's/Defensive Run Game Coordinator at aTm
Marion Hobby, CO-DC/DE's at Clemson

There are four names that are integral pieces to strong defenses that if Coach B offered the title of DC and a pay raise to sweeten the deal could be exceptional hires for the Razorbacks. Not to mention they all provide recruiting advantages that we currently do not have.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 04:21:43 pm
I don't get the fancy with 2 or 3.

Brain Jean-Mary LB at Texas under Strong. We have to get back in Texas for players. I want someone that can recruit.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Cylinder on November 26, 2016, 03:21:52 pm
It is incredibly stupid and insulting to assert that Arkansas would somehow be adverse to Strong as DC presumably because of his ethnicity (remember this is a good old boy state). That's a punk move right there.

Agree. Stupid comment by the OP.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Hogs958

wouldn't mind a D assistant from Bama. They've learned under the best.

HamSammich

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 26, 2016, 03:07:40 pm
For arguments sake let's say Bielema and Enos are staying. Orgeron is out. Strong is not coming here for a number of reasons.( remember this is a good old boy state)
So who do you have as a reasonable DC candidate? A coach who can defend the spread, RPO offenses, and can recruit the SEC states.

Matt Entz....

Don't be naive. there are hundreds of better coaches we could pull the trigger on that are better than all of our assistants. And they couldn't possibly recruit any worse.

HamSammich

You guys always look for the "splash" hires. The reality is that the schools that go out and find the younger up and coming coach that can coach his ass off and stay in one place more than two years are the schools that win. There is a reason Alabama isn't going after strong nor any other legitimate program.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2016, 04:45:22 pm
Brain Jean-Mary LB at Texas under Strong. We have to get back in Texas for players. I want someone that can recruit.

Are any of the 3 you mentioned recruiters?  And in Texas?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HamSammich

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 04:53:40 pm

Yeah because we don't want anyone to come on and mess up  that pipeline we have going.

Atlhogfan1

More obsession w recruiting girls from Texas spread football. We need defenders who are used to hitting. La Ms Al Fl Ga Carolinas.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Hogs958

just get someone in here who can turn this defense around, and recruiting will take care if itself. Can't make anyour progress until the problem is fixed. I'm not particularly thinking about the recruiting aspect.

mweston

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 26, 2016, 04:59:04 pm
More obsession w recruiting girls from Texas spread football. We need defenders who are used to hitting. La Ms Al Fl Ga Carolinas.

It's THOSE spread offenses we need better guys to defend.  I'll take DB's that have played against a spread.  At least they would have a great deal of experience in coverage.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HamSammich on November 26, 2016, 04:55:19 pm
Yeah because we don't want anyone to come on and mess up  that pipeline we have going.

That's not what I said at all, but I'd prefer that if we're making changes that they be actual changes...for the better.  For instance, I ain't buying the Rhoades propaganda.

Piggfoot

November 26, 2016, 05:17:19 pm #22 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 05:33:18 pm by Piggfoot
Quote from: Cylinder on November 26, 2016, 03:21:52 pm
[/quote I have no problem with Charlie Strong personally or because he is black. I think we need more black coaches and was criticized here for saying so but in Charlie's
Past he has had wife and mistress problems but he doesn't ride a. Motorcycle. That is what I'm referring to . Why do you think Red McCombs didn't  want him at Texas?

Sooie71923

We have good recruiters now. The problem is players choose to play everywhere else than Arkansas.

Why should a coach be faulted when a player would rather play somewhere else.

Arkansas can pay 50 "ace recruiters" $100 million and when they left Arkansas they would no longer be considered "ace"

It's amazing how you ppl cannot grasp that. Well given the posts on here, it's not shocking. I wonder how most of you can turn on a computer or dial out on a phone.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 26, 2016, 04:53:40 pm

Tracy Rocker is my preference but he's not in Texas. He is a top notch d line coach and recruiter.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 26, 2016, 05:18:10 pm
We have good recruiters now. The problem is players choose to play everywhere else than Arkansas.

Why should a coach be faulted when a player would rather play somewhere else.

Arkansas can pay 50 "ace recruiters" $100 million and when they left Arkansas they would no longer be considered "ace"

It's amazing how you ppl cannot grasp that. Well given the posts on here, it's not shocking. I wonder how most of you can turn on a computer or dial out on a phone.

Why do you think we have good recruiters?

Sooie71923

I think we have good recruiters because they are getting the best we re able to get. They're recruiting better than any Arkansas staff to date.

Randy Shannon is considered an "ace" recruiter. He coached at Arkansas and didn't do crap. He's only an ace recruiter in the state of Florida. Or anywhere but Arkansas

You could get Saban here as DC for free and if he had to follow company line, he too would fail.  This team needs a Head Hog who LEADS, not follows.  He needs to be into the program enough to make sense when he decides.  He needs to recruit, at least in his mind, 24/7/365.  He needs to know what Mr. 5 star's
Dad drinks for breakfast, What Ms. 5 star's favorite color is, where 5 star buys his weed, and who is porking 5 star's sister.  He needs to know if his assistants come prepared to practice.  He needs to know that he, himself, is so ready  no other coach stands a chance.  It could be that we have a very good DC, IF, given a reasonable chance and backing of the HC.

jackflash

could go for Dunbar as a DL coach not sure about DC

sickboy

Quote from: SemperFi on November 26, 2016, 04:38:09 pm
Karl Dunbar, DL Coach at Alabama
Tosh Lupoi, CO-DC at Alabama
David Turner, DT's/Defensive Run Game Coordinator at aTm

There are four names that are integral pieces to strong defenses that if Coach B offered the title of DC and a pay raise to sweeten the deal could be exceptional hires for the Razorbacks. Not to mention they all provide recruiting advantages that we currently do not have.

Tosh Lupoi all day. Guy is an insane recruiter and is Bama pedigree now.

farmhawg

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 26, 2016, 07:22:38 pm
I think we have good recruiters because they are getting the best we re able to get. They're recruiting better than any Arkansas staff to date.

Randy Shannon is considered an "ace" recruiter. He coached at Arkansas and didn't do crap. He's only an ace recruiter in the state of Florida. Or anywhere but Arkansas
Really? Where are we better position wise?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Sooie71923

Quote from: farmhawg on November 27, 2016, 10:14:57 am
Really? Where are we better position wise?

Agim looks pretty awsome on DL.
Skipper gets better every year.
Froholt has gotten better this year.
Gibson a walkon is starting and looks good doing it.
Brooks Ellis has talent i believe but hes slower than molasses in Alaska. good thing hes gonna be a doctor, he'll need a slow and steady hand.

other than speed which cannot will not ever be coached, our dbs play the ball better than ever when they dont get burnt.

its up to the players to put the work in and get better.

is it the students fault they get bad grades or the teachers?

Cylinder

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 26, 2016, 05:17:19 pmI have no problem with Charlie Strong personally or because he is black. I think we need more black coaches and was criticized here for saying so but in Charlie's
Past he has had wife and mistress problems but he doesn't ride a. Motorcycle. That is what I'm referring to . Why do you think Red McCombs didn't  want him at Texas?

With that said, I'll retract my previous comments and offer an apology for them.

Many, included some in the national sports media who should know better, used the argument that Strong somehow wasn't allowed to succeed or the heat for lack of success was due to his ethnicity and the fact that Texas was too insular or outright racist to accept a head coach who happens to be black. The fact is that he didn't get the job done even for a rebuild. He did less with more in a situation where he was expected to do more with more and never gave the Texas fanbase an opportunity to embrace his tenure other than for one or two games.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hogs958 on November 26, 2016, 04:49:34 pm
wouldn't mind a D assistant from Bama. They've learned under the best.

Got any that have made that move and been successful? 

onebadrubi

Quote from: mweston on November 26, 2016, 05:05:17 pm
It's THOSE spread offenses we need better guys to defend.  I'll take DB's that have played against a spread.  At least they would have a great deal of experience in coverage.

The other side of that thought is all those players have been put on offense and the defensive players aren't as good, see Big 12-2 conference. 

popcornhog

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 26, 2016, 03:07:40 pm

What do you mean by good old boy state? Shouldn't that work in his favor,being an Arkansas native?

At any rate, lots of our coaches aren't from Arkansas.
WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: HamSammich on November 26, 2016, 04:53:21 pm
You guys always look for the "splash" hires. The reality is that the schools that go out and find the younger up and coming coach that can coach his ass off and stay in one place more than two years are the schools that win. There is a reason Alabama isn't going after strong nor any other legitimate program.

Alabama isn't going after a new DC because they have an already dominant D.
WPS

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 26, 2016, 04:45:22 pm
Obviously the cerebral type.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

LZH

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 26, 2016, 07:22:38 pm

Hold up, how could you possibly know that we're recruiting the best we're able to get? This is why so many guys resent the "we should know our place" chorus.

C'mon.

bcdeputy

Either Dunbar or Rocker would be great hires I'd think

Piggfoot

Quote from: popcornhog on November 27, 2016, 04:47:37 pm
What do you mean by good old boy state? Shouldn't that work in his favor,being an Arkansas native?

Piggfoot

Quote from: popcornhog on November 27, 2016, 04:47:37 pm

I probably should have said Baptist state. I've been told the reason Red McCombs didn't want him was because of mistress and Wife problems. But maybe it's a rumor.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: SemperFi on November 26, 2016, 04:38:09 pm

I know Hobby has the CO-DC title, but that Defense is the following's Defense.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205529403

Hobby is an excellent Defensive Ends Coach though (perhaps the best DE Coach in all of College Football).

Sooie71923

Quote from: LZH on November 27, 2016, 04:58:54 pm
Hold up, how could you possibly know that we're recruiting the best we're able to get? This is why so many guys resent the "we should know our place" chorus.

C'mon.

we offer/recruit almost every player Bama, AU, TX, ATM, OU, FLA, OM, TN,LSU recruits..

but they never sign with Arkansas. they always go elsewhere. so yeah, we're recruiting the best of the best. but they just dont want to play at Arkansas. i dont know why its hard for people to realize that. i love Arkansas to death, but not everyone shares that or sees it that way.

we had a Petrino, a proven winner. high flying offense lots of points and still couldnt get top players.
we have CBB, a proven winner. power offense, Power 5 success, and still cannot get top players.

guys its not the coaches... its the program. deal with it. embrace it. yeah lets hope we do better but lets not burn the city down when it doesnt happen.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 27, 2016, 11:20:44 pm
we offer/recruit almost every player Bama, AU, TX, ATM, OU, FLA, OM, TN,LSU recruits..

but they never sign with Arkansas. they always go elsewhere. so yeah, we're recruiting the best of the best. but they just dont want to play at Arkansas. i dont know why its hard for people to realize that. i love Arkansas to death, but not everyone shares that or sees it that way.

we had a Petrino, a proven winner. high flying offense lots of points and still couldnt get top players.
we have CBB, a proven winner. power offense, Power 5 success, and still cannot get top players.

guys its not the coaches... its the program. deal with it. embrace it. yeah lets hope we do better but lets not burn the city down when it doesnt happen.

Great point and totally agree.  We need to be thankful for the recruiting that CBB does. Short of paying players (which he won't do), we are not going to see better recruiting here. 

HoggusMaximus

Careful, Logic will bring out the pitchforks.

100% agree with you.

LZH

but they never sign with Arkansas. they always go elsewhere.

Don't disagree with this at all.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: HamSammich on November 26, 2016, 04:53:21 pm

Lane Kiffin says hi.

EFBAB