Any Danger of Losing Dan Enos?

Started by Dwight_K_Shrute, November 26, 2016, 12:41:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfanny

Hoo gives a hogs fanny, we are still 7-5 with no hope on defence anyway :puke:

IronHog

Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2016, 04:43:00 pm
Emotionally driven decisions are mostly bad decisions

Don't let your emotions of losing to a bad team over ride the facts of the last two years.

Enos is a keeper, he leaves, that would be bad for the hogs.

I think the next oc is lunney. Cbb has spoke very highly of him, this year. I also, think he would want to keep continuity with the offense

Are you guys ready for that?

Lunny is the smartest QB I've seen at Arkansas

Guy has almost no arm talent and still did well.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

MountieDawg

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 26, 2016, 03:23:06 pm
Not perfect but his positives far outweighed the negatives all year.  Also he is not the Oline coach and a lot of offensive shortcomings this year fall squarely on the shoulders of the O line where they are lead by a guy 4 with years FBS coaching experience at a crappy EMU team.  Dan had to overcome poor Oline play all year and find ways to make the best of it.  He may have called some passes that should have been runs yesterday but he is not the reason we finished with 5 losses.  He may be a big reason we have 7 wins.

When evaluating the staff as a whole or ranking the assistants DE is at the front of the line while I believe RS1, RS2, and KA are at the bottom.  Losing either of those 3 would not be a blow and should be an easy upgrade.  Losing DE would be a blow.  And while you may disagree with some play calls cannot argue with his ability to develop QBs.

It amazes me how many never blame the guy in charge! Not blame for CBB, fire Robb Smith, no blame for Enos fire the O-line coach... If the line sucks throw quick passes.
SEC!

Kevin

Quote from: IronHog on November 26, 2016, 04:51:05 pm

Lunny is the smartest QB I've seen at Arkansas

Guy has almost no arm talent and still did well.

Did not say anything about him as a player
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

tophawg19

Enos has been what saved an otherwise crappy team. McFain missing that field goal limited what CDE could do because no way was CBB going to try another so he was forced to take risks and Allen threw interceptions . two field goals and we win. It was a bad loss but every team has them , just ask CBP and Tom Herman . one loses to Kentucky , the other loses to Navy , SMU and Memphis but gets a big contract at Texas . Every team has bad games and things go wrong. evrery team has a day like we did with Florida . That ball has a funny shape and bounces crazy sometime . there have been shocking upsets all over the NCaa this season
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Kig

Quote from: IronHog on November 26, 2016, 04:15:44 pm
Expecting a defense to stone teams is a thing of the past.

Bama says hello. 

Seriously though, don't get the Enos anger.  He turned BA into an NFL player and AA has stepped right in...as a first year starter.  Yesterday was a stinker in the 2ND half offensively, but that's going to happen once in a while to every team. 

I don't expect our D to be Bama level good with our athletes, but I also don't expect them to be one of the worst in the country...every week. 
Poker Porker

IronHog

Quote from: The Kig on November 26, 2016, 04:55:38 pm
Bama says hello. 

Seriously though, don't get the Enos anger.  He turned BA into an NFL player and AA has stepped right in...as a first year starter.  Yesterday was a stinker in the 2ND half offensively, but that's going to happen once in a while to every team. 

I don't expect our D to be Bama level good with our athletes, but I also don't expect them to be one of the worst in the country...every week. 

Arkansas has and can get MUCH better offensive players than defense.

The offense was bad in 5-6 games this year.  Not gonna cut it

I believe Enos knows the limitations of his current Boss and will bolt if a decent opportunity presents itself.  I expect he will be offered a HC position somewhere.  He may go to LSU if asked and if he is allowed to by contract.  He also knows that Arkansas is stuck with BB and may choose to ride it out no matter what.  He wouldn't get the blame laid at his feet this season but BB will likely have to blame him next season when things continue to fold up around him.  Or he may also guess correctly think BB will actually work next year and the next knowing his contract is heading toward the end.

tophawg19

the offense played well enough to beat bama but had no help from the defense and refs . the defense has gave them long fields almost every series . not only have they had to do their job, they have had to overcome poor defense and special teams play.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

IronHog

Quote from: tophawg19 on November 26, 2016, 05:07:50 pm
the offense played well enough to beat bama but had no help from the defense and refs . the defense has gave them long fields almost every series . not only have they had to do their job, they have had to overcome poor defense and special teams play.

5 turnovers.

Not one of the three phases operates in a vacuum

As bad as D has been the offense hasn't helped them much either in biggest games

toxichog

He is very well thought of nationally as a play caller.......his next job will be as a head coach. 
Arkansas has been much more productive offensively, and balanced since he replaced Chaney.....and they have won more.
I simply don't understand how people can be so critical of our offense.......we made mistakes yesterday, but we did put 500+ yards........again.......Arkansas has never done that.
Of course, on the dark side........this may be the worst defensive team we have EVER had........and I have been watching since the 1960's.

oldhog63

Quote from: Kevin on November 26, 2016, 12:42:10 pm
I hope not. He had a bad day yesterday , but overall he has been awesome
You guys keep saying he had a bad game. 24 points in the first half. Should have been more. Three trips in the red zone the second half. Score on any one of those and we win. At some point the players have to execute.

I wish our DC's performance was half what our OC's is. I think much of the offensive decisions are trying to cover for the defense.

WorfHog

Quote from: tlmack on November 26, 2016, 04:44:38 pm
I think worfhog and hogcard 1964 should pay all the buyouts for the coaches and become headcoach and OC. We would then suddenly get so many 4 and 5 star players across the country begging to have an opportunity to be a Razorback we would turn some away. Wow! 8 of the next 10 National Titles will be ours!!!!!

Hell I'd let the boosters run wild. Time to cheat our asses off. I'd fire our entire defense staff. Hire the best and brightest.

IronHog

Quote from: toxichog on November 26, 2016, 05:24:39 pm
He is very well thought of nationally as a play caller.......his next job will be as a head coach. 
Arkansas has been much more productive offensively, and balanced since he replaced Chaney.....and they have won more.
I simply don't understand how people can be so critical of our offense.......we made mistakes yesterday, but we did put 500+ yards........again.......Arkansas has never done that.
Of course, on the dark side........this may be the worst defensive team we have EVER had........and I have been watching since the 1960's.

It's an era of offense

Yards don't matter.  TOP don't matter

Stops, Turnovers and points is all that matters

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IronHog on November 26, 2016, 07:28:08 pm

It's an era of offense

Yards don't matter.  TOP don't matter

Stops, Turnovers and points is all that matters

The whole TOP thing makes me sick now.  It's like the constant reminder that we once had the biggest OL in college.  Yeah, who cares.  Still needed to pass first to kick start the run game.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

streitenberger

I agree with some that Enos will bolt as soon as what he considers a job upgrade comes along. I mean, you have half of Hogville saying that he's one of the things
that prevented us from being a complete joke this year, and based on that, that means he's pretty darn good. We all know of a couple perennial top 25 teams with great recruiting base that are looking for a kickstart/revival to their offense.

jaredkr

Quote from: lefty08 on November 26, 2016, 01:55:50 pm
Should we be upset to see him go?   The loss yesterday was 100% on him. I know he's a darling and all on this site, but he is just as much to blame as the rest of the staff for the poor year

You cannot be serious
I am Ray Finkel

texas tush hog

Quote from: swineology on November 26, 2016, 12:57:31 pm
Chances are very high. If LSU wiff's on Kiffin, Dan will be the next call.

The non compete clause takes care of that.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 26, 2016, 12:41:16 pm
Was thinking about this today.  If Dan Enos thinks there is any heat on Bret, say for example that next year is a make or break year, would he entertain a move to another program as an OC?  Would he go back to MSU if they needed an OC and were willing to pay?

Dan Enos auditioning for an HC gig lost us the game. Too cute by HALF
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Sooie71923 on November 26, 2016, 12:56:53 pm
LOL

Who cares if we lose Enos?! According to most on here, he wouldn't be missed.

Wrong side of the ball. That being said IF there is one thing about ANY jobs I've learned in business is that everyone is replaceable. Sometimes replacements work out great and sometimes they don't. That doesn't mean leadership should be afraid to make replacements or they risk bing replaced themselves.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

lefty08

Quote from: jaredkr on November 26, 2016, 08:03:58 pm
You cannot be serious

I am serious.  Give it time and his head will be hunted around here too
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

TNRazorbacker

Hope not. He is the bright spot on this coaching staff. If not for him we probably aren't even going bowling.

AirWarren

He can go too.

Those stupid end around sweeps on 3rd down in the red zone piss me off.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: AP85 on November 26, 2016, 10:29:19 pm
He can go too.

Those stupid end around sweeps on 3rd down in the red zone piss me off.

Hello, have you seen what happens when we line up and run straight ahead?

IronHog

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 26, 2016, 10:38:59 pm

That's on the OC

BassinHawg

Hope he is gone, his Goal Line calls are a travesty!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

AirWarren

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 26, 2016, 10:38:59 pm

Yeah, we gash defenses.

ur

November 27, 2016, 10:33:43 am #77 Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:16:32 pm by ur
Quote from: WorfHog on November 26, 2016, 01:48:51 pm
Why in the world would Kiffin leave Alabama for LSU? That's like trading a Ferrari for a Cadillac.
Rumor has it that Saban is tired of Kiffin running around town acting like a college frat boy.

sowmonella

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on November 26, 2016, 08:16:02 pm
Dan Enos auditioning for an HC gig lost us the game. Too cute by HALF

The MO D put 9 in the box and dared us to pass them to death in the 2nd half. AA and the OL did not respond.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

RedyorNot

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on November 26, 2016, 10:28:29 pm
Hope not. He is the bright spot on this coaching staff. If not for him we probably aren't even going bowling.

He's done well working with a lot of youth and inexperience. My only issue is when we get too cute instead of doing what's working.

chenalhog

Quote from: IronHog on November 26, 2016, 04:15:44 pm
How is the defense responsible for the goal line debacles and turnovers vs ATM?

5 turnovers vs Bama?

Turnovers and poor execution vs LSU?

Compete no show vs Auburn?

Complete no show in second half vs mizz?

Why hogville gives the offense a pass is beyond me.....in modern football it's an offensive game.  Expecting a defense to stone teams is a thing of the past.

Alabama, LSU & Michigan ays HI

fullfan

Quote from: swineology on November 26, 2016, 12:57:31 pm
Chances are very high. If LSU wiff's on Kiffin, Dan will be the next call.

Kiffin is the heir to Nick so why would he leave now when he can continue to rack up Nattys and put his stamp on the offense?

Grumpypenguin

WHO CARES IF WE LOSE DAN ENOS. GET HIM OUT HERE. HE'S A TERRIBLE OC BUT WOULD PROBABLY BE A DECENT QB COACH.  WE'RE RUNNING ALL OVER THEM AND MIZZOU IS MOUNTING A COMEBACK. HEY HOW ABOUT WE RUN 3 PASS PLAYS IN A ROW WITH A STRUGGLING AUSTIN ALLEN. RAWLEIGH WILLIAMS ISNT THE BEST PLAYER ON OFFENSE OR ANYTHING

jgphillips3

If there was no Dan Enos this year we would, at best, have been 3-9 and that may be generous.  His offense and AA won games for us we would have lost.  No coach is perfect every game.  He is one of the best OC's in the game for us within the framework given to him by our head coach.  We don't 100% know who to pin this year's offensive line woes on.  I'll wait and see how next year's line plays before coming to any decisions assuming the offensive staff stays intact. 

farmhawg

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 26, 2016, 01:05:11 pm
We had better hope he doesn't leave.

I think we're going to have trouble hiring good assistant coaches from now on.  Bret's locked in for two more years and unless some divine miracle happens, he will be let go at that point.  In all probability, as is usual with coaching changes, most of the assistants will not be retained by whomever replaces BB.

Also, I think many assistants will look a BB's lackluster performance here  and decide that joining his staff is not likely to be much of a boost to their resume.

I'm not sure too many assistants will be willing to move their families for just a two year gig.
Only ones that nobody else would want. But I am sure the apologists will tout them as the best ever.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Beaverfever

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 27, 2016, 02:52:00 pm
He is one of the best OC's in the game for us within the framework given to him by our head coach. 
This.  The main problems I have with our offense relate to our overall strategy and style of play, not so much how we execute within those parameters.  Enos does everything you could possibly ask of him given the flawed foundation he is given.  Honestly I think he's an excellent play caller and we've had much worse talent on offense the last couple years than we'd like to think. 

LZH

Quote from: ur on November 27, 2016, 10:33:43 am
Rumor has it that Saban is tired of Kiffin running around town acting like a college frat boy.

Apparently, so was his (ex) wife lol.

wildturkey8

I could see him becoming Michigan State's HC after Dantonio retires.

HotlantaHog

It's a sign of success that a school's assistants are on the shopping list for other schools... That is what you want .... You would hope every coach at Arkansas would be sought after by other schools... and if a particular coach leaves, you replace him with someone better.

It's kind of a red flag that Enos is really the only coach that seems likely to draw interest.

razoredge178

Quote from: MountieDawg on November 26, 2016, 01:48:23 pm
He put up 0 points in the 2nd half vs a team that gave up 51 to Middle Tennessee State.  I don't believe his phone is ringing.

Haha yes. After that butcher job he pulled Friday (second time this season he has taken a dominating offensive scheme and wrecked it at 1/2 time to go on to lose), he should be happy to have a job.

Kevin

some of y'all would cut your nose off to spite your face
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22