Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Skipper Holding

Started by hogman64, November 25, 2016, 05:42:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogman64

Not to knock Enos  but the  Pass call on first and goal  to Morgan in the corner was puzzling..We really didn't want to score quickly and we had all the momentum in the world to drive it in to the end zone with Rawleigh.....really made it a lot tougher to score after that penalty..

mckinneyhog5

November 25, 2016, 05:58:59 pm #1 Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 06:21:16 pm by mckinneyhog5
Quote from: hogman64 on November 25, 2016, 05:42:18 pm
Not to knock Enos  but the  Pass call on first and goal  to Morgan in the corner was puzzling..We really didn't want to score quickly and we had all the momentum in the world to drive it in to the end zone with Rawleigh.....really made it a lot tougher to score after that penalty..
Three things..
1. It stopped the clock
2. Skipper got called for a hold. Push us from 1st and goal from 10 to the 20.
3. It took the run out of the playbook and made them one dimensional.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

wonderboys

Yep that cost us bad.   Just run the ball.     

Skipper got beat every play tonight.   He is a large robot that cannot move.   

10thPlanet

Skipper in need of ladders and dot drills. I am guessing his feet are huge. Dude has a lot of heart, he can fix it with hard work.

Luke STYwalker

Love me some Drew Morgan, but your right, we didn't want to score that fast anyway and even if we did, this type of play is not part of Drew Morgans skill set.  Very bad decision.  Run the ball. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Skipper holding is not his fault. He once again has to play nearly every snap of the game. He is dead tired. Blame those recruiting help for him.

buldozer

The play calling that last drive made no sense to me. Most of the calls seemed exactly what we didn't need to do. Lots of blame to go around on this loss

wonderboys

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 25, 2016, 07:23:33 pm
Skipper holding is not his fault. He once again has to play nearly every snap of the game. He is dead tired. Blame those recruiting help for him.
Yes skippers holding is skippers fault

b-ash

When the hell have we ever completed a fade pattern to a short white dude (btw: I'm a short white dude)? Or any dude? Terrible call!

Rzbakfromwaybak

Enos  did not call for a hold & penalty on the OL, just the pass play.  Even if incomplete, it would have been 2nd & goal from the 10.  Not 1st & goal from the 20.  Just a few minutes earlier we had a 1st & goal from the 4......& still couldn't score.  On 4th down, we threw an interception. 2nd interception in the end zone that we threw.  That's on the QB, not the OC.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hawgphish

the play calls with Allen keeping it wide out of shotgun puzzled me. 

Hogsmo Kramer

1st and goal from the 20 and all shots to the EZ is just bad football.

You try to get some yards back with the first two plays to allow hopefully two plays, since it's 4 down territory, in maneageble territory where higher percentage passes and runs are an option.

Throwing to the EZ every play from the 20, with the game on the line is idiotic and like a Hail Mary.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Marshfieldhog

Should have ran the ball from the 10, they could not stop Williams. Even a run or short pass to Williams might have gotten half the yards back

Nosboar Accubond

I didn't understand running between the tackles, popping them for 16, then throwing 6 straight times... W.T.H.

hogpc

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 25, 2016, 10:49:44 pm
1st and goal from the 20 and all shots to the EZ is just bad football.

You try to get some yards back with the first two plays to allow hopefully two plays, since it's 4 down territory, in maneageble territory where higher percentage passes and runs are an option.

Throwing to the EZ every play from the 20, with the game on the line is idiotic and like a Hail Mary.
Exactly!  Not sure what any of them were thinking - if they were thinking at all!!!  Poor coaching in the 2nd half all the way around!

longpig

Anyone else  see the refs exiting the game through our tunnel alongside Skipper.  Grizzly Mountain Outdoors was less than cordial to each of them.
Don't be scared, be smart.

porkinsons disease

Hated the play calling, but Sprinkle did drop the td pass. Of course, expecting our D to hold someone with 50 seconds left is a pipedream.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: porkinsons disease on November 26, 2016, 08:26:44 am
Hated the play calling, but Sprinkle did drop the td pass. Of course, expecting our D to hold someone with 50 seconds left is a pipedream.

With all the other major breakdowns, I keep forgetting this too. If he makes that catch, he's a hero. And Austin is a hero (it WAS a great pass). Then we're all pretty happy.

All the passing at the end looked like panic, when it didn't need to be. The other thing, I didn't like some of those routes against the sideline. The side edge of the end zone was like Mizzou having another defender on the field (like the Hatcher catch out of bounds). Austin was under too much pressure for those long routes. We needed to throw it to Rawleigh and hand it to Rawleigh.

To the OP's point, you GOTTA run that on first down.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on November 25, 2016, 07:23:33 pm

This right here is just stupid. He's an Olineman. How many teams sub for Oline unless its for special packages.

onebadrubi

If we are talking about the same play I am ok with the play call, mizzou is going to sell out on run on that first down.  What I don't like is throwing a high ball much like a jump ball to Morgan.  If you are throwing a ball that involves high pointing and going up to tget it, Sprinkle, Reed, and Hatcher need to be the receivers in that route. 

nchogg

I don't blame Skipper. He played a good game. Like many other times this year in the second half teams have run and passed the ball on us at will. Mizz wanted the win more than we did. It was their bowl game. Both their offense and defense made the plays when it mattered. If AA would not have been chased down and got the ball to Drew then they all would have been heroes and their would be no thread about Dan Skipper holding. I like Dan and hopes he does good in the NFL.

Mike Irwin

Skipper made a big mistake on that play and it cost his team. He either got out muscled and fell or stumbled and fell. It's hard to tell. But you've got to take your hand off the defender if you're going down. Maybe the guy was falling forward on his own momentum but having Skipper's hand on his right arm as he went down was a bad mistake. Just let go.

swineology

Skip has one more game as a Hog.

GPA, staying out of trouble and some blocked FG's

Was he over matched at times, yes

Skip didn't cost us the game.

zhog17

Skipper is a guard playing tackle out of need! Wouldn't be surprised to see him make an NFL roster at guard.

pigroots

I said when it happened hat was the dumbest call of the season. Enos is possibly our best coach but that was dumb. We needed the clock to run or Missouri would have gone down the field on our D. When we needed to run to win we got tricky and I believe it cost us the game.

SemperFi

So we're now taking shots at the player that has the most heart on this team? Damn, some of you think that you are perfect and without fault.

There was much more that happened in this game that cost us the win than a few questionable offensive play calls that in most cases was the result of poor execution.

Got to let this one get filed away gents. Game is over and it's time to focus on the Bowl Game now.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Mike Irwin

Quote from: pigroots on November 27, 2016, 05:50:30 pm
I said when it happened hat was the dumbest call of the season. Enos is possibly our best coach but that was dumb. We needed the clock to run or Missouri would have gone down the field on our D. When we needed to run to win we got tricky and I believe it cost us the game.
I wouldn't argue with that.

acey33

hogginbama

I am sure on each of those passes to the end zone there were other receiver options that AA didn't go to. In the time that Enos has been here I have not seen a single pass play that had only 1 receiver option. As in all pass plays, there are routes ran at different levels and it is the QBs job to pick the one that is open. If he goes with only 1 receiver and stares at that receiver, guess what you all-americans will be doing? You will be chastising him for staring at his receivers and letting the defense know where he is going to throw the ball, just like you did in the first two games of the season.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.