Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas vs Missouri

Started by Porked Tongue, November 25, 2016, 11:33:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Swineasaur on November 25, 2016, 04:53:47 pm
I swear I've seen a "that cost us the game" post 30 times

And, most likely, each of them did cost us the game.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

rustr

I'm done. I didn't like the BB hire to begin with but started to believe. We set a lot of records this year, and not good ones. First time ever I won't be watching the bowl game. Unless some changes are made I won't be watching next year either or giving a dollar of my money. This has been pathetic.

The Kig

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 25, 2016, 04:51:24 pm
Shame on any of you not wanting to win at this point.

Then ready to pounce post game EITHER WAY.

Shame on this team.  I rooted for them till the end...too bad they didn't show up for the 2ND half.  Flat out embarrassing to lose to a 1-6 misery team. 

Enjoy your 2 weeks.  Not sure it matters.  This is not going to be a fun place to be the next two weeks.  If CRS doesn't lose his job, I CAN'T spend anymore money. No chance I pay to go to any bowl we make.

Season is over till our well deserved trip to a crappy bowl game.  At least we could hold serve on our trend and win...just as long as we get a team that can't run OR throw the ball. 
Poker Porker

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hog.goblin

007 License To Squeal

This coaching performance did more damage to recruiting than ANY posts on Hogville ever could.....
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Sooie71923

gcraise1

Hey Coach B, Go back to filming your stupid tv show!!!!! Your acting skills are way better than your coaching skills!!!!! Oh wait, you are acting like a coach on TV, now I get it!!!!

welchog

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 25, 2016, 05:07:21 pm
What did they say?

They said, among other things, "Bret B needs to go back to the drawing board..."
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Sir Oinksalot

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 25, 2016, 04:51:03 pm
If I was Mossouri's coach, I would say "Let them score"

Lmao, it was the Mo coach who got us beat, damn, I didn't think of that ...
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Pigsknuckles

Robb Smith was not the one who scored 0 points in the second half.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

PorkRinds

Quote from: Jean Lafitte on November 25, 2016, 05:07:02 pm
I'm done. I didn't like the BB hire to begin with but started to believe. We set a lot of records this year, and not good ones. First time ever I won't be watching the bowl game. Unless some changes are made I won't be watching next year either or giving a dollar of my money. This has been pathetic.
Bye Felicia. No one cares.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Bebop on November 25, 2016, 05:03:28 pm
Fire Robb Smith, first. If Bielema os more reasonable for the defense, then we are doomed further.

I agree RS as well as a few other defensive coaches need to be gone and we need to see significant improvement on D as well as a halt to epic meltdowns like we witnessed tonight.

If by the end of the year next year it's more of the same he needs to be fired too.

Enough is enough and the writing is becoming clear of what he can or more importantly can't accomplish here.

What he's doing now is not working.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 25, 2016, 05:09:27 pm
That's true.  The offense abandoned what got them the lead in the first half. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pigskenG

Allen looks good when he has time and stands in the pocket. Not so much when he rolls out or throws off his back foot ( and I'll bet he's been told for 10 years not to do that).
Hammonds doesn't get the ball enough, he has the best speed.
The OL is still inconsistent.
Sprinkle is no Henry.
The DL can't muster a pass rush.
The LB's get out of position and don't have enough speed.
The DB's . . . out of position, not enough speed, inconsistent tackling.
I hate to see coaches lose their jobs, but I think we need a defensive overhaul.
This team needs to get a little bit of an attitude without becoming arrogant thugs off the field.
Just my opinion. Now I'll try and get football out of my head until bowl game day.
Go Hogs.

IronHog

Quote from: pigskenG on November 25, 2016, 05:11:13 pm
Allen looks good when he has time and stands in the pocket. Not so much when he rolls out or throws off his back foot ( and I'll bet he's been told for 10 years not to do that).
Hammonds doesn't get the ball enough, he has the best speed.
The OL is still inconsistent.
Sprinkle is no Henry.
The DL can't muster a pass rush.
The LB's get out of position and don't have enough speed.
The DB's . . . out of position, not enough speed, inconsistent tackling.
This team needs to get a little bit of an attitude without becoming arrogant thugs off the field.
Just my opinion. Now I'll try and get football out of my head until bowl game day.
Go Hogs.

I'll take thugs if they don't get beat down by a ***** LBer from MU
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Shrevepork

Allen ain't been right since Auburn.

IronHog

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on November 25, 2016, 05:09:27 pm

True but his D is the one that gave up 21 points in the second half.

Melt down on both sides of the ball.

IronHog

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on November 25, 2016, 05:14:35 pm
True but his D is the one that gave up 21 points in the second half.

Melt down on both sides of the ball.

MU can score a few on anyone

The offense lost the game

zuko

Civil as I can be:  Missouri 28 Arkansas 21.

Sir Oinksalot

They are on the 7 and our linebackers, if you can call them that are on the 2
When the ball is snapped they back peddle and meet the ball carrier at the goal line ...

It's THE worst defense I've every seen .....

It's a scout team defense ......and don't even say "our defense is struggling" ....

They are drowned rats, not Razorbacks .....

Sir Oinksalot

Where is our $500,000 strength coach , fire him too, we field a bunch of pansies .....

HogimusMaximus

Bret should be ashamed 9o410
o
oooooooooo

CaddoHog

-    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -    -

CaddoHog:  the most hated member on Hogville.net
(for the reasons of _______________________ )

CaddoHog

CaddoHog

HogFan219

What a way to lose. Total collapse in 2nd half. Offense, defense, special teams, coaching and overall team effort. No fire. No energy. No focus. Terrible play calls and schemes. No execution by the players except for Rawleigh Williams. Awful penalties at the worst times. Complete implosion by coaches and players.

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: IronHog on November 25, 2016, 05:16:33 pm

MU can score a few on anyone

The offense lost the game

They both own part of it.

When the D starts giving up chunk yards and scores it puts pressure on the O to keep scoring and guys start pressing as does our OC at times. It's a symptom that contributes to the disease.

Fact is if we had any semblance of a D we don't lose. We scored 24 points and held the ball a lot of the third quarter even though we didn't score. They scored fast and in chunks, and if our D even slowed them down we win.

On the other hand if we don't throw INT's in the EZ we don't likely lose, so like I said both the D and O owns this with the D owning slightly more IMO.

Temprees

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on November 25, 2016, 04:47:38 pm
We got one real football player on this team and that's Drew Morgan ...
Morgan is part of the problem. He's overutilized. Needed more passes thrown to Hatcher, Cornelius, Sprinkle and Reed.  We went to Hatcher on the first play for 66 yards, then he caught a pass on the last drive, and one more pass in the first quarter (a quick) that went for no gain. That play went for no gain because, Morgan made no effort to block his man.  The same play is run with Morgan as the receiver, with Reed blocking.  Reed makes the block and the play goes for 6-8 yards.

Reed catches two passes near the end of the first half, then two more passes on the final possession.  Reed never left the field during the final possession, but was in and out of the game throughout the rest of the game. If Reed is on the field, and is being thrown passes during the most important drive of the game, what does that say. 

Throughout the season, we needed more passes thrown to the receivers who had big play ability.  Drew is a possession receiver.

Pigsknuckles

I simply can't get off work some mid December afternoon weekday to watch our bowl game against some Texas High School divisional champ.

Potosihog

Quote from: Temprees on November 25, 2016, 05:40:51 pm
Morgan is part of the problem. He's overutilized. Needed more passes thrown to Hatcher, Cornelius, Sprinkle and Reed.  We went to Hatcher on the first play for 66 yards, then he caught a pass on the last drive, and one more pass in the first quarter (a quick) that went for no gain. That play went for no gain because, Morgan made no effort to block his man.  The same play is run with Morgan as the receiver, with Reed blocking.  Reed makes the block and the play goes for 6-8 yards.

Reed catches two passes near the end of the first half, then two more passes on the final possession.  Reed never left the field during the final possession, but was in and out of the game throughout the rest of the game. If Reed is on the field, and is being thrown passes during the most important drive of the game, what does that say. 

Throughout the season, we needed more passes thrown to the receivers who had big play ability.  Drew is a possession receiver.

The second pick in the end zone was at least 50% on Reed.  He doesn't come back to the ball and flattens his route at critical points.  He has speed but he is a complete liability in the pass game. 

A draw play from the 20 probably scores.  Taking shot after shot was poor play calling.  Although if our NFL tightend would have caught the ball we would be celebrating instead of crying.

Temprees

Quote from: Potosihog on November 25, 2016, 06:03:02 pm
The second pick in the end zone was at least 50% on Reed.  He doesn't come back to the ball and flattens his route at critical points.  He has speed but he is a complete liability in the pass game. 

A draw play from the 20 probably scores.  Taking shot after shot was poor play calling.  Although if our NFL tightend would have caught the ball we would be celebrating instead of crying.
you are wrong. That was not on Reed at all.  If Reed is a "complete liability in the pass game" as you say, then why was he in the game continuously on the most important possession of the game (the last drive)? And, why are we throwing passes to him during that last possession?  What you are saying makes no sense.  You are just wrong.

Justintime75

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 25, 2016, 01:47:04 pm
3 and out start for Missouri.  2 more of those and this is over.
Interdasting...

Pigsknuckles

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net