Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Impressive 1st season win in the new Morris era

Started by Pudgepork, February 11, 2018, 12:10:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Forget Bama.   They'll be beatable someday but let's be realistic for a 1st year coachin staff.  Other than Bama, what victory would make you buy in?

aTm
109 (71.2%)
Aubie
25 (16.3%)
LSU
10 (6.5%)
Miss St
3 (2%)
Ole Miss
6 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Voting closed: February 13, 2018, 12:10:21 pm

Pudgepork

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 11, 2018, 12:10:21 pm
I think for me aTm is it.  0-6 needs to end now
WTH, dude!!! Thanks for deleting all my comments.
AND for stealing my answer to your question lol.  I SAID AGGIE you slap! YOU didnt even have gaggie on your dumb list. So you delete the thread and start it over with Aggie as the premise LMAO. whatever, My God, dude.
I guess I convinced you lmao.
NM then
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pudgepork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 11, 2018, 12:14:11 pm
AND for stealing my answer to your question lol.  I SAID AGGIE you slap! YOU didnt even have gaggie on your dumb list. So you delete the thread and start it over with Aggie as the premise LMAO. whatever, My God, dude.

NM then

Sorry. The change wasn't directed at you.   Just changed it into a poll.  I new a mod would delete the other to clean up my error.   Thanks mod

MuskogeeHogFan

NM then

Take a chill pill.
Go Hogs Go!

rhames

NM then

Oh my
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Snout team

LOL.  This place sometimes!

Back to the drama of football instead of the drama of posters

aTm would be huge.  It is not a required win for me to "buy in" but it would be one of the biggest signs that things are different.

The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Pudgepork

Quote from: #hammerdown on February 11, 2018, 12:27:55 pm
LOL.  This place sometimes!

Back to the drama of football instead of the drama of posters

aTm would be huge.  It is not a required win for me to "buy in" but it would be one of the biggest signs that things are different.

It would also begin the total meltdown in aggie land.

jgphillips3

A&M is his Alma Mater and our primary recruiting competition in East Texas.  I suspect Morris will be pointing to that game.  Not to mention 0-6 motivating the players.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 11, 2018, 12:18:51 pm
Sorry. The change wasn't directed at you.   Just changed it into a poll.  I new a mod would delete the other to clean up my error.   Thanks mod
thanks for the reply; sorry if i over reacted it was a wth moment. do carry on, sir.

And, yes, the answer is Aggie.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pudgepork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 11, 2018, 12:40:27 pm
thanks for the reply; sorry if i over reacted it was a wth moment. do carry on, sir.

And, yes, the answer is Aggie.

No worries.   Simply a case of me realizing the thread would work bettah as a poll and also realizing that I hadn't answered my own question.   I set up a poll, answered it myself and poof! the other thread was gone

hawg1221

Morris and Chavis will get the team up for Texas A&M.

hawg1221

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 11, 2018, 12:43:28 pm
No worries.   Simply a case of me realizing the thread would work bettah as a poll and also realizing that I hadn't answered my own question.   I set up a poll, answered it myself and poof! the other thread was gone
awww. well, in the meantime I said aggie and posted a BUNCH of reasons why. Then, that thread vanished and this popped up. In your original it didnt mention aggie at all. it said bama, auburn, lsu, or ole miss. So, i was like, "WTH man. all that typing for nothing" then you put aggie LMAO. i wasnt mad, just thinking "damn, that was savage".

Vantage 8 dude

I truly hope we get over the hump with those clowns (Aggies). It's more than past time. BTW anyone else want to bet the Chief will have an extra little motivation to take those guys down after everything that's transpired over the past several months ???

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 11, 2018, 01:01:51 pm
I truly hope we get over the hump with those clowns (Aggies). It's more than past time. BTW anyone else want to bet the Chief will have an extra little motivation to take those guys down after everything that's transpired over the past several months ???
Chad, too. the passed by their own for Jimbo lol. He and Chief WILL have the boys ready for Chad's return to Dallas.

AHiD

I think aTm is a necessity, as we all know Aggie gonna Aggie. We ought to beat MSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. Yes, I know, 1-3 against Mizzou, but they replaced Josh Heupel (one of the better OC's in the sport) with Derek Dooley. Now, if we beat Aubbie on the Plains, then everyone will know to WATCH OUT for Razorback football.
My name...is Jerruh

rtr

Most of you don't remember this but they have done this best coach money could buy thing before.  Remember they made Jackie Sherrill the highest paid coach in the nation.  Hogs continued to beat them, this is no different except Ol Jackie is a better coach.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

3kgthog

Ole Miss. We aren't beating any of the others except maybe Misstake.

I've heard this Aggie bull crap before. "We'll get em this year! Aggies gon Aggie!" How'd that work out against the average Sumlin year after year? We couldn't buy a win in Arlington, College Station, or Fayetteville. Now they've upgraded coaches to someone more stable and we're all of a sudden going to beat them? No way. Not with this slow, soft roster.

Gonzo

Going with the thread title, most impressive, I voted for a road victory at Auburn. For most impressive, I don't think that one is very close.

Most likely? I'd go with Ole Miss. Most needed/wanted? Yeah, I might join the crowd with A&M for that one, though a home win against LSU would be pretty big too.

Aw heck, just give us 5 - 0.

Go Hogs!

rtr

Big reason Bielema is not here is 0-5 against the Aggies. We literally choked those games away.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 11, 2018, 01:42:58 pm

I've heard this Aggie bull crap before. "We'll get em this year! Aggies gon Aggie!" How'd that work out against the average Sumlin year after year? We couldn't buy a win in Arlington, College Station, or Fayetteville. Now they've upgraded coaches to someone more stable and we're all of a sudden going to beat them? No way. Not with this slow, soft roster.
aggie doesnt have anybody next year, dude, they are gonna suck.

Tick Hog

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Gonzo on February 11, 2018, 01:43:28 pm
Going with the thread title, most impressive, I voted for a road victory at Auburn. For most impressive, I don't think that one is very close.

Most likely? I'd go with Ole Miss. Most needed/wanted? Yeah, I might join the crowd with A&M for that one, though a home win against LSU would be pretty big too.

Aw heck, just give us 5 - 0.

Go Hogs!

Malzahn will try to make a statement against Morris.  Which high school offense is better as Morris has tweaked Malzahn's offense.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

King Kong

I want him to beat the teams he should. That was Bielema's problem

HogPharmer

NM then

Like, OMG! I can't even! OMG!

Chill out dude...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

elksnort

A&M game to Morris feels like the SMU game to Nutt

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Pudgepork on February 11, 2018, 12:10:21 pm
I think for me aTm is it.  0-6 needs to end now

Regardless, A&M would have to win consecutively through 2029 season to just come even in the historical series between us...   Their winning is probably over as everything is cyclic...........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Jek Tono Porkins

I've been to the A&M game almost every year since they started playing in Jerryworld. I'm tired of losing to those people. If I have to endure one more overtime loss to A&M I'm going to have an aneurysm.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

The NewEra

I wanted so badly to pull the trigger on Auburn, but I think we'll have to wait till 2019 to beat them.  The Aggies it is!  We should have beaten them five out of the past six years with the talent we had.  Coaching will make this one a win this year.  I'm not drinking the Jumbo koolaid.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on February 11, 2018, 01:35:16 pm
We ought to beat MSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou.

Based on what? I'm not saying we can't win because they are definitely tossup games, but there nothing that says we ought to beat them.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 11, 2018, 01:42:58 pm

Well with all this "Aggie bull crap"-your words not mine-year after year eventually it WILL happen. While I have no idea whether or not it will be this coming season, we do know it's coming....trust me TAM is NOT going to go undefeated against us forever. As for their "upgraded coaches"......subject to debate. Maybe, perhaps not. Oh yeah, as you conspicuously ignored our own new HC and staff when mentioning "improvement" I'm assuming you don't rate our own changes as such. Would you (at best) describe our new hires as our only managing to "tread water"? Nice to see a "faithful" Hog fan's input. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on February 11, 2018, 03:56:57 pm
We should worry about winning in Ft. Collins before any of these teams.
I have a strong hunch that the staff is already well aware of that. However, perhaps you can contact them personally and alert them to this fact ;)

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: elksnort on February 11, 2018, 03:41:21 pm
A&M game to Morris feels like the SMU game to Nutt
Hummm.....given the circumstances perhaps you have something there.  :-X

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Al Boarland on February 11, 2018, 05:48:41 pm
Based on what? I'm not saying we can't win because they are definitely tossup games, but there nothing that says we ought to beat them.
Back at ya'.....there's also nothing to say that we can't/won't. Hint: that's why they play the game.  :P

Vantage 8 dude

February 11, 2018, 09:29:08 pm #37 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:47:43 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 11, 2018, 09:26:44 pm
Fact TAMU We are 0-6 !
Fact: Since they joined the SEC. Obviously a ton of other games have been played over the years so don't make it sound as if we've never beaten those guys. Just for the record the all time series record is 41-30-3, good guys.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: King Kong on February 11, 2018, 03:37:12 pm
I want him to beat the teams he should. That was Bielema's problem
No doubt that would be a very pleasant and welcomed start.

Flrazrback

Getting a win over A&M will be Sweet Victory and it's obtainable. Waxing the Aubie crowd would be equally satisfying..  This Team and This Staff are going to turn some heads in 2018.. Yes, I'm very optimistic, but we have a lot of the pieces in place.

okrazorback

I sure hope you are right about Chad's ability. I'm beginning to buy in.  I am always in about Arkansas. I just don't know anything about Chad Morris. I do hope you are correct. I'm not bad mouthing him. I just don't know. I personally would like to see a NC sometime in the future.

rlamb

As far as Albarn is concerned, we were beating them at a better clip than were us until 2011
or whatever season it was they bought KAM? Maybe Morris will go back and study the tapes
of the games with War Eagle in the early 2000's where Fred Tally butchered their proud defense
with that sweep option! Maybe 1 of
of our "Running Back U" guys can accomplish the same. A lighter, meaner Devowah could
accomplish the same?

Al Boarland

Quote from: rlamb on February 12, 2018, 05:04:39 am
As far as Albarn is concerned, we were beating them at a better clip than were us until 2011
or whatever season it was they bought KAM? Maybe Morris will go back and study the tapes
of the games with War Eagle in the early 2000's where Fred Tally butchered their proud defense
with that sweep option! Maybe 1 of
of our "Running Back U" guys can accomplish the same. A lighter, meaner Devowah could
accomplish the same?

I don't believe they were recruiting top 10 classes until Gene Chizik took that job. That's probably why it shifted.

nchogg

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on February 11, 2018, 03:17:13 pm
Malzahn will try to make a statement against Morris.  Which high school offense is better as Morris has tweaked Malzahn's offense.
Gus might try to do that but Coach Morris is too smart to fall into that mess and make comments and brag  like Coach B did.

mizzouman

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on February 11, 2018, 03:56:57 pm
We should worry about winning in Ft. Collins before any of these teams.
Exactly.  CO ST isn't that good but are decent.  I think this will be the best win of the year or Vandy.

Pudgepork

Quote from: mizzouman on February 12, 2018, 07:48:17 am
Exactly.  CO ST isn't that good but are decent.  I think this will be the best win of the year or Vandy.

The fact that it's a road game will be tough enough on their fragile confidence but for the fans conference wins are the games that either make fans buy into this new hire or bring out the I told ya so's

rhames

Quote from: okrazorback on February 12, 2018, 04:43:13 am
I sure hope you are right about Chad's ability. I'm beginning to buy in.  I am always in about Arkansas. I just don't know anything about Chad Morris. I do hope you are correct. I'm not bad mouthing him. I just don't know. I personally would like to see a NC sometime in the future.

You have every right to feel this way. My advice don't buy into the sunshine being pumped right now. I think Morris can maximize Arkansas's potential but it isn't going to start this season.

People who say we "are loaded with talent" are just wishful thinking.

People are going to lose their minds in July when we are picked 6th or 7th in the West.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hoggish1

I went to the first TAMU game in Jerry World and I'm going to go to this one to watch the win!

sowmonella

NM then

:o
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Arthur pigby sellers.

Beating Auburn puts  us at 4-0

Also they willlikely be highly ranked. A win over  them would make us the talk of college football football l