Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confidence in the process?

Started by HeyHogs, November 24, 2017, 09:41:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you have confidence in the powers that be to get this right?

No
Yes

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 10:47:15 pm
There are other alternative. Like a search committee or how about we don't try to hire a coach without an AD? Lots of choices here. I don't blame her, I don't know what she was told and what she wasn't but it's Amateur hour on The Hill right now.

Amateur Hour is what we have had for the last 6 years, not what we have now.  I seriously doubt anyone on Hogville knew, knows, or will know the process until everything is finished.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:57:58 pm
How do you know this?

Did you watch how they've handled this whole deal? The players are pissed about how it was handled. BOT members are leaking info left and right. It's a friggin mess.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 10:54:57 pm
Because the people running the show now are absolute morons.

Who are said people pray tell.

Oliver

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 10:54:57 pm
Because the people running the show now are absolute morons.

Even if this is true, it's a lateral move from what we had

TushCrush

As good a source as there is on Hogville.
Quote from: hawgonit on November 24, 2017, 08:14:10 pm
Don't be fooled into thinking this process hasn't been calculated to the smallest degree...

Two down. The third domino is soon to follow...

a0ashle

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 11:01:43 pm
Amateur Hour is what we have had for the last 6 years, not what we have now.  I seriously doubt anyone on Hogville knew, knows, or will know the process until everything is finished.

We won't know the process until its finished... judging by what they are letting us see. I don't have confidence in said process.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 11:02:48 pm
Did you watch how they've handled this whole deal? The players are pissed about how it was handled. BOT members are leaking info left and right. It's a friggin mess.

One anonymous BOT member supposedly said something to a TV reporter.  What other info was leaked?  What has been mishandled?

HawgPilot

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 11:09:02 pm
One anonymous BOT member supposedly said something to a TV reporter.  What other info was leaked?  What has been mishandled?

Yes, do tell.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:00:41 pm
Please, I know you are following closer then this. The university tells the press that the interim AD will be looking for our next head coach? If there isn't games being played behind the scenes then the PTB are dumber then I thought.

You're exactly right. She should say that she doesn't really have the authority to do much of anything.

That will help the situation.
This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on November 24, 2017, 11:09:02 pm

Um...the whole damn thing. You've got current and former players openly criticizing the administration. The interim AD saying she's going to choose the new coach when every damn body in the state knows she isn't. The GOBN, who has done nothing but screw the pooch repeatedly, have been given the keys to the program and are sending puppets out to do their bidding. If that instills you with any sort of confidence that's fine. I see them bungling the entire process from start to finish.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:12:38 pm
You're exactly right. She should say that she doesn't really have the authority to do much of anything.

Sending her out there to lie her ass off shouldn't instill confidence in anyone. How about tell us all the friggin truth?

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 11:14:16 pm
Um...the whole damn thing. You've got current and former players openly criticizing the administration. The interim AD saying she's going to choose the new coach when every damn body in the state knows she isn't. The GOBN, who has done nothing but screw the pooch repeatedly, have been given the keys to the program and are sendi puppets out to do their bidding. If thy instills you with any sort of confidence that's fine. I see them bungling the entire process from start to finish.

The GOBN hasn't done a thing in a decade.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:12:38 pm

Again, not the only alternative...

1) we can hire an AD first, maybe its her, maybe not.
2) we can have an advisory panel just like the AD, this would come off more competent and might let them keep the pretenses that they aren't already done looking.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:15:49 pm
The GOBN hasn't done a thing in a decade.

What was the last thing they did? Now you see why they haven't done anything in decade.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 24, 2017, 11:15:40 pm
Sending her out there to lie her ass off shouldn't instill confidence in anyone. How about tell us all the friggin truth?

Technically she didn't lie. She is the leader of the athletic department and has the authority from the chancellor, by position, to hire a coach.

She said she has advisors, won't appoint a board.

a0ashle

We all know its a lie... and its a lie that makes looks like idiots. Who lets an Interim AD lead a coaching search? If you are gonna lie, there are better lies to tell. Which is why I don't trust their thought process very much at the moment.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:17:52 pm
Technically she didn't lie. She is the leader of the athletic department and has the authority from the chancellor, by position, to hire a coach.

She said she has advisors, won't appoint a board.

Technically, ok, but even those arguing with me on here know its not the truth...

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:18:18 pm
We all know its a lie... and its a lie that makes looks like idiots. Who lets an Interim AD lead a coaching search? If you are gonna lie, there are better lies to tell. Which is why I don't trust their thought process very much at the moment.

Probably because the next AD is already advising JCP on the next coach and working as an intermediary because he wouldn't be subject to a crazy ass fan and a FOIA.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:20:42 pm
Probably because the next AD is already advising JCP on the next coach and working as an intermediary because he wouldn't be subject to a crazy ass fan and a FOIA.

Games ^^^^^

WilsonHog

You that isn't how this works.

For instance, how many times have you heard an AD say that Coach So-and-so was their first choice and the only one they offered the job to, when everybody in the room knows their top three choices turned them down first?

SlickWilly

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 11:01:29 pm
One of the things I liked is that JCP was unequivocal: "We have to win."

Yeah, that was quite refreshing to hear.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:22:48 pm
Games ^^^^^

Remember, we are the 4th dumbest fan base in America.

Somebody would catch wind of Gus talking to the AD and FOIA THAT darn just to tank it.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 11:23:07 pm
You that isn't how this works.

For instance, how many times have you heard an AD say that Coach So-and-so was their first choice and the only one they offered the job to, when everybody in the room knows their top three choices turned them down first?

How about the infamous "vote of confidence"?

forrest city joe

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 10:09:02 pm
We no longer have White meddling in the hiring process. The PTB will execute a similar hire to what JFB would have if he were still in charge and left to his own discretion.

Bingo. i did not agree with Frank on everything. but he was right more than he was wrong.he hired some great coaches here.when John Whie took over,thing went down hill.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:27:47 pm
Remember, we are the 4th dumbest fan base in America.

Somebody would catch wind of Gus talking to the AD and FOIA THAT darn just to tank it.

I get that... I am telling you the way they executed this so far has not instilled confidence in the process, or that they even have one other then "Bring Gus Home"

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:31:48 pm
I get that... I am telling you the way they executed this so far has not instilled confidence in the process, or that they even have one other then "Bring Gus Home"

This isn't the same GOBN that was pulling strings in '05. Jim Lindsey has some health issues and isn't involved. That older crowd, maybe with the exception of Jerrah, has back out. The "younger ones" are much better at this than their predecessors.

a0ashle

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 24, 2017, 11:37:18 pm
This isn't the same GOBN that was pulling strings in '05. Jim Lindsey has some health issues and isn't involved. That older crowd, maybe with the exception of Jerrah, has back out. The "younger ones" are much better at this than their predecessors.

Maybe that's the case. It will sure be interesting to see how this unfolds and what comes out after the fact.

WilsonHog

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:31:48 pm

And "Bring Gus Home" may have been a plan in the works for weeks now. Might even be what all this has been geared toward.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: a0ashle on November 24, 2017, 11:38:50 pm
Maybe that's the case. It will sure be interesting to see how this unfolds and what comes out after the fact.

Oddly enough, I don't think much will come out.

The media have pretty much been clueless or in awe of JL, BB and BP edited for a decade. They're just tryin to make a living.

These cats handling business want to win. Period.

(Caveat: Arkansas has never been a "cheating" school. But we should be MUCH better than 11-29)

hogsanity

hopefully there is no process. Hopefully this is old school we fired a guy because we already have an agreement with the next guy.

I they fired Bb with the hope they can get Gus or Norvell, but have nothing from either, then that is scary.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

Nope seems like the money people want Gus who will be Hootie like at best because he is not that good and 8 mediocre at best years from now we will rebuild again

jvanhorn

Quote from: greenie on November 24, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
That interim AD press conference wasn't a good start. We're going to hand over the hiring to her discretion?...right.

Jesus, doesn't.   anyone pay attention to any damn thing anymore.  No one person is making any decision  No doubt she will have input and evidently she is well thought of by those in positions of authority above her.  Mike Anderson was very complimentary.  I think they have been pretty out in the open about how they are going about things.  You may not like them, but I don't see them trying to do things under cover of darkness.

jvanhorn

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 25, 2017, 12:22:36 am
Nope seems like the money people want Gus who will be Hootie like at best because he is not that good and 8 mediocre at best years from now we will rebuild again

And Norvell will be , along with Riley and Fuente, running a highly successful football program.

hawg1221

Quote from: greenie on November 24, 2017, 09:44:57 pm
That interim AD press conference wasn't a good start. We're going to hand over the hiring to her discretion?...right.

You can't believe what you hear all the time. She's basically a puppet. Her "advisors" are really calling the shots. She said a lot especially if you read between the lines. They have coaches in mind that they want regardless of the AD. She tried to dance around that question concerning the hiring of an AD first.

Al Boarland

Quote from: HardCore on November 24, 2017, 10:36:19 pm
Worse than what?  One point victors over Coastal Carolina? 
It only has 1 way to go.
I remember when people said that about the defense.

Al Boarland

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 24, 2017, 11:41:36 pm
And "Bring Gus Home" may have been a plan in the works for weeks now. Might even be what all this has been geared toward.

So, if/when Gus doesn't take the job we will know it was bungled and these master plan power players got out of their lane.

ChitownHawg

I voted yes.  What other choice do I have? They ain't calling me up to ask my opinion before they hire.

I can only hope the process works.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ChitownHawg on November 25, 2017, 05:13:27 am
I voted yes.  What other choice do I have? They ain't calling me up to ask my opinion before they hire.

I can only hope the process works.

At the end of it all, this is exactly the case.

They aren't leaving this up to committees, they can be swayed by the good idea fairy.